Just rewatched the game

NVA CANE

All-American
If you don't think the coaches cost us that game, then you're down right retarded.

Golden went into full blown bend dont break defense coming out of the half. Our defense was getting shredded the whole second half and we never adjusted to what they were doing.

Offense stayed aggressive up until the middle to end of the 3rd. We started going into a shell and by the 4th quarter you could just see, Golden was no longer interested in attacking FSU, he wanted to run out the clock and eek out the win which in turn gave FSU the ball more and allowed them to chip away at our lead.

The mental mistakes while they hurt, were not the deciding factor. It was our lack of adjustments to what FSU was doing in the second half, and playing straight into their hands by becoming passive on defense and offense. Also not finding a way to get to Winston hurt as he had all ******* day to throw.

Bottom line, Golden clammed up, and once again failed to adjust to what the opponent was throwing at him. Same exact problems against UL, Nebraska, and GT.

Advertisement
Can't wait for that idiot to post the play by play in this thread to try and prove we didn't play like a punch of pussies

Can't wait for that idiot to post the play by play in this thread to try and prove we didn't play like a punch of pussies
You could just see Golden throwing in the towel on the offensive side of the ball. It was disgusting to watch. Dude just gave up on trying to score. On defense you could tell we had no answer and settled for the bend don't break. They kept marching down the field and simply couldn't stop them

it didn't take me re watching the game to have seen that. AG shut it down and needs to be fired ASAP

Advertisement
Does Golden manage the game? I thought the O and D coordinator did that.

To me it just looks like he hangs out on the sideline, gives high fives, and talks to his wife on the headset.

I was out of town and couldn't watch so my friend was texting and he kept saying dude we can't stop their crossing routes. I quickly asked him: "are we playing right or off the receivers". He responded: "kind of tight". I knew then why we couldn't stop them. You have to jam them at the line and disrupt their timing to have any success stopping them. A poster in here pointed that out. We didn't.

The offense started running the clock down with like 3 minutes to go in the 3rd Qtr. They were bleeding the play clock. Thats when i started downing my white russians. I have no clue what our defense was doing but they played alot more base defense in the second half and alot of the completions were LBs v WR. playing zone in 3rd and long and allowed Greene to get loose was a killer too. Its too many little things that ball up into one and it all comes back to coaching. Big games, pressure and the team and the coach reverts to form.

Advertisement
If you don't think the coaches cost us that game, then you're down right retarded.

Golden went into full blown bend dont break defense coming out of the half. Our defense was getting shredded the whole second half and we never adjusted to what they were doing.

Offense stayed aggressive up until the middle to end of the 3rd. We started going into a shell and by the 4th quarter you could just see, Golden was no longer interested in attacking FSU, he wanted to run out the clock and eek out the win which in turn gave FSU the ball more and allowed them to chip away at our lead.

The mental mistakes while they hurt, were not the deciding factor. It was our lack of adjustments to what FSU was doing in the second half, and playing straight into their hands by becoming passive on defense and offense. Also not finding a way to get to Winston hurt as he had all ****ing day to throw.

Bottom line, Golden clammed up, and once again failed to adjust to what the opponent was throwing at him. Same exact problems against UL, Nebraska, and GT.

Oh so it was the coaches who fumbled twice, missed the tackles against Cook, and missed a field goal and extra point??? Got it

I must have missed that....thanks for the clarification

The mental mistakes while they hurt, were not the deciding factor. It was our lack of adjustments to what FSU was doing in the second half, and playing straight into their hands by becoming passive on defense and offense. Also not finding a way to get to Winston hurt as he had all ****ing day to throw.

Oh so it was the coaches who fumbled twice, missed the tackles against Cook, and missed a field goal and extra point??? Got it

Get out of my thread ******. Go make your own thread about how good Golden's **** tastes.

THIS THREAD IS A NO GOLDEN SLURPER ZONE

Last edited:

FSU made mistakes too, HOW THE **** DID THEY MANAGE TO WIN??? Typical Alfraud slurper, blame the players, coaches are without fault. STFU

Advertisement

No but why can't this team put it all together? If it's not one thing it's another and it's not just one or two things it's a combination of the the things you just mentioned plus coaching mishaps. Weren't missed tackles a problem against nebraska? They've actually been a problem the last 4 years under Golden. Different players, same issues same coaches...that's coaching.

The same can be said for FSU. Lane dropped a sure td, ref missed an obvious pi call on Crawford, Darby gave up big plays to Dorsett, Wilson threw a pick, Cook fumbled, Bobo Wison fumbled and what they still won. Why? Because The players refused to lose. Why? Because Jimbo refused to lose. He kept attacking because he and his team wanted it more and it showed in how they played in the 2nd half. On the other hand Golden gets comfortable and tries not to lose with 30 minutes left in the game up by 13 instead of going for the kill shot. Read and compare the post game comments from our players and FSU players. FSU players we know we would win, we expected to win. UM we fought hard, we were almost there. Players take on the personality of their coach.

K

The same can be said for FSU. Lane dropped a sure td, ref missed an obvious pi call on Crawford, Darby gave up big plays to Dorsett, Wilson threw a pick, Cook fumbled, Bobo Wison fumbled and what they still won. Why? Because The players refused to lose. Why? Because Jimbo refused to lose. He kept attacking because he and his team wanted it more and it showed in how they played in the 2nd half. On the other hand Golden gets comfortable and tries not to lose with 30 minutes left in the game up by 13 instead of going for the kill shot. Read and compare the post game comments from our players and FSU players. FSU players we know we would win, we expected to win. UM we fought hard, we were almost there. Players take on the personality of their coach.

Excellent examples. Fsu had opportunities, dropped sure td's, fumbled a bunch of times etc etc yet still won.

Advertisement

Fellow mope here. I had no problem with the way the game was called last night. On defense, the death by a thousand cuts wasn't awful, it was actually smart. On offense, I liked how we pressed to run the ball, and eat clock. FSU adjusted to a bunch of stuff and the plays weren't there as much as in the first half. Ultimately they executed and took advantage of their breaks and we didn't.

Now while I thought the game was called fine, that still doesn't excuse the loss or what Al has done as a HC. We are 6-4 with a top three roster in the conference. I don't care Kaaya is a true freshman, he is twice the player already that Morris was and we have a worse record than last year. We are in year 4, we have to be better than this. The staff needs to be fired, keep Coley and a couple others if you must but we aren't going anywhere with this staff.......

I haven't rewatched the game, but sitting in the East Endzone last night, I felt UM played a B-minus game.
Plays were left on the field by UM and the bad tip ball that went for a TD did not help. Still, there were chances and I would've liked to have seen UM be a bit more aggressive...

Advertisement
Back