Just rewatched the game and....

sid the kid

Recruit
Other than the O-line....it was not as bad as I initially thought. For 2.5 quarters we actually looked like a decent offensive football team. The problem with this team is the absolutely ridiculous mental break downs that continue to occur time and again. I've never seen a team make so many dumb mistakes in my life and the worst part is its mostly the upper classmen. Don't get me wrong I am disgusted by losing 4 in a row and was ready to donate to the next banner yesterday, but as with all things time brings some perspective. We are what our record says we have been for the past 15 years.....mediocre. I don't care who we hired....no coach can turn this around in one offseason. On to next year........

Advertisement
I'll probably get negged a million times over for the post, but after losing my $h!t for the last 4 weeks I've decided take a deep breath and give this dude a chance. B!tchin and Moaning sure as **** hadn't gotten us anywhere....

Other than the O-line....it was not as bad as I initially thought. For 2.5 quarters we actually looked like a decent offensive football team. The problem with this team is the absolutely ridiculous mental break downs that continue to occur time and again. I've never seen a team make so many dumb mistakes in my life and the worst part is its mostly the upper classmen. Don't get me wrong I am disgusted by losing 4 in a row and was ready to donate to the next banner yesterday, but as with all things time brings some perspective. We are what our record says we have been for the past 15 years.....mediocre. I don't care who we hired....no coach can turn this around in one offseason. On to next year........

I was led to believe that it was the play calling was the only thing that was causing us to lose by all the experts on here. Are you saying that it is not illogical to think that 5 linemen should be able to protect the QB against a 3 man rush ?

Advertisement
I predicted 8-4 before the season, so I'm not completely surprised by the record. But what is discouraging is that the defense made such massive improvements that all the offense had to do was be as mediocre as last year. Instead things got worse. Not to mention we've blocked like 3 punts this year, have multiple non-offensive TDs, etc. And we're still just 4-4.

But I get it. Richt is a ground n pound coach, and until he gets his RBs and OLs here we won't have success offensively. 3rd and longs with Kayaa in the pocket are killing us. Just wish Richt would throw more on 1st and 2nd down. He opened the **** game with 3 straight run plays. Why? You aren't establishing a run game for the rest of the season. Accept it and play to Kayaa's strengths (shotgun, quick hitters, hitch routes, occasional deep balls, slants, TE seam, etc). We saw all of that in the 3rd quarter and it looked like a different offense.

This will be a different offense by years 3 and 4. Can't wait to have a real run game back in coral gables. Where we can actually put ourselves in 3rd and short situations (and then be able to convert them).

We'll get there. Gonna take some stud RBs and a few years developing Richt's style of OL.

Hope Felder is the real deal too. He's important here.

Last edited:
Flying banners is stupid

Am I ****ed yes but this banner thing makes us look like idiots

And we need to appreciate the investment the school has put in

Advertisement
Butch Davis knows how to put together a nice rooster

I guess that all 128 college football teams are just stupid then. Answer this Einstein. If he is such a great coach, then why hasn't any other team even offered him a job ? Also, a rooster is a **** chicken , a roster comprises a team of players you idiot.

I guess that all 128 college football teams are just stupid then. Answer this Einstein. If he is such a great coach, then why hasn't any other team even offered him a job ? Also, a rooster is a **** chicken , a roster comprises a team of players you idiot.

Lol I think he knows how to spell roster.

That remains to be seen. Maybe he had some of Butch Davis's smegma in his eyes and he misspelled it. He was definitely thinking about cokk though.

Last edited:

That remains to be seen. Maybe he had some of Butch Davis's smegma in his eyes and he misspelled it. He was definitely thinking about cokk though.

Maybe [MENTION=9537]ButchDavis[/MENTION] actually knows what the fvck he's doing?

Maybe

Advertisement

I was led to believe that it was the play calling was the only thing that was causing us to lose by all the experts on here. Are you saying that it is not illogical to think that 5 linemen should be able to protect the QB against a 3 man rush ?

No one's giving them a pass either.

Offense came back, took the lead and we should have won the game. D let down in the end. Can't give D a pass on the outcome. On the other hand, D was on field way too much in first half....AGAIN NO ONE talking about 87 PENALTY YARDS AGAIN!

Advertisement
I was encouraged Saturday after the first 10 mins and up until the last 5 mins. We played solid football for about 45 mins. Still lack depth and talent and discipline. Discipline from many of the upperclassmen is lacking big time. If Jamal Carter scoops up the fumble he probably races to the endzone for the winning score. Kaaya SHOULD have thrown the ball away at the end. All we needed was about 10 - 15 yds for a realistic shot at a FG. Bottom line though, we need OL in a huge way. They are soft and don't open holes for the running game and do not give Kaaya time. We need all the big time OL we are recruiting to come. Also need a game changer at RB.

You guys are all acting like the team we just played isn't f*cking horrible. Good god.

I don´t give anybody a pass and I am fed up with the performace of the team, however if we fly a banner after 8 games guys like Finebaum (delusional fanbase, bad fans, etc.) win and everybody that hates Miami will love it watching that **** on television. So at least wait until next season with flying them planes.

Anybody else noticed that when Kaaya got the ball out of his hands sooner, the better the play calling looked? While the play calling isn't ideal, and having the worst looking OL I've ever seen in football, it didn't seem like the plays weren't working. I've just never seen a QB take this many sacks in my life, nor have I seen a lineman get dominated to this degree..something is up, and outside of a few bad drives against ND, i can't totally blame Richt for it. I don't care who's your QB and what play you call, there was a guy in the backfield within 2.8 seconds after the ball was snapped..

Advertisement
Back