Just rewatched the game and....

No, the play calling really is that bad.

You guys act like other college teams don't have dropped passes, penalties, non dominate OL, etc

Unc had 11 penalties and droped passes.. they just had better players when it mattered

And trubinsky missed a lot of passes. Difference is they keep attacking in that system.

Our defense is just so much better than UNCs defense though. UNC could drop 60 on their own defense. Richt dropped 13

Excellent point on Trubisky missing throws. Like you said, that's a philosophical difference between an aggressive HC like Fedora and a conservative one like Rick. When Fedora's QB misses he just dials up another throw. When Kaaya misses we go I formation run into the A gap.

Advertisement
Kaaya missed 2 TDs. WRs dropped passes. Offense **** the bed. Richt has to kill the RPO because there is not threat of Kaaya slow as running. O-Line sucks. RBs running into the back of the lineman. Unbelievable that we couldn't score more that one TD against UNC

Defense held UNC to 20. They did their job. Manny and Coach Kool are doing their job.

Kaaya's footspeed has nothing to do with RPO. It's either a run with the RBs or a pass. RPO and read option are 2 completely different things. A coach would have to be an idiot to call a read option with a QB as slow as BK. It'd be like calling one with Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

I'm starting to feel bad for Diaz, who would probably win coordinator of the year for this defensive improvement.

The North Carolina result shouldn't have been surprising. I've mentioned this trend in prior years: Upstart teams that are unbeaten well into the season tend to have a letdown once they suffer the first loss.

In our case it just happened to be Florida State in 2013 and again this year. I doubt it would have mattered. Once you start believing the hype and high national ranking, there's a jarring jolt of reality once the balloon pops.

Preferable to have the loss earlier. Of course, most preferable of all is to be ranked very high in preseason, and therefore most likely legitimate. That Florida State game was a classic case of how to use preseason rankings. The unranked team from preseason was now a midseason 3 point favorite over a team ranked in the Top 5 preseason. Best of luck with that.

Advertisement
Not saying the play calling is great, but go watch the game again and you will be sick at how often we shoot ourselves in the foot. I'm so **** tired of having a team that is weak mentally, and can't seem to get the little things right. Stupid play after stupid play......****

A mentally weak team doesn't continuing to step up and stop their O when their own offense is ****ting the bed.

You can make all the excuses you want, these last 2 loses were on 1 person, Mark Richt. If we still had James ****ing Coley as our offensive coordinator we would be 6-0. And guess what, Coley is not a good OC, that tells you how bad our head man has been.

C'mon man......

Richt's play calling has been bad in my opinion, but in your assessment, great play calling makes up for atrocious execution...sorry, doesn't work that way.

Even the perfectly timed play call has to be run worth a ****.

Richt is coming up short calling plays for an adequate OL, and he doesn't have one...he hasn't left Athens in his mind I guess. Sad at $4 mill per he is just figuring that out, but that doesn't excuse missed assignments, dropped balls and stupid f-cking penalties.

Back to your point, it all falls back on the head coach to some degree, but it is hardly ALL play calling.

Bottom line, each and every fan that thought there wouldn't be growing pains with a coach calling plays for the first time in like 8 years and a team that has a losing mentality thanks to Folden and a history of sloppy careless **** was fooling themselves. All we could hope for was much less of it against better teams.

If it helps to **** Richt off, I'm all for it.

UM

Advertisement
Back