Just my opinion on a dark horse coach

Goldengirlz

Band
Banned
1. Told everybody on twitter I would be rooting for a blow out every week!!!! cuz its what we needed ( happened ) >>>>> GOLDEN GONE...IT WAS SIMPLE
2. I am telling you rumors here in Cincinnati is Hue Jackson our OC has a lot of interest in the job and its all over sports shows, been talking about it for over 2 weeks
3. Last Tues Hue was on a talk show and was asked about it, he would not comment on it, BUT HE DID NOT DENY IT

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don't know much about him. Here's his 'Coaching Tree':

NFL head coaches under whom Hue Jackson has served:
Marty Schottenheimer, Washington Redskins (2001)
Steve Spurrier, Washington Redskins (2002–2003)
Marvin Lewis, Cincinnati Bengals (2004–2006) (2012-present)
Bobby Petrino, Atlanta Falcons (2007)
Emmitt Thomas (Interim), Atlanta Falcons (2007)
John Harbaugh, Baltimore Ravens (2008–2009)
Tom Cable, Oakland Raiders (2010)

Don't know much about him. Here's his 'Coaching Tree':

NFL head coaches under whom Hue Jackson has served:
Marty Schottenheimer, Washington Redskins (2001)
Steve Spurrier, Washington Redskins (2002–2003)
Marvin Lewis, Cincinnati Bengals (2004–2006) (2012-present)
Bobby Petrino, Atlanta Falcons (2007)
Emmitt Thomas (Interim), Atlanta Falcons (2007)
John Harbaugh, Baltimore Ravens (2008–2009)
Tom Cable, Oakland Raiders (2010)

I like him a lot

Advertisement
He makes offenses great. I am hoping the Miami Dolphins consider him for the job if they still look for a new coach. His one year in Oakland that team went 8-8 and made a top 10 offense with **** pieces. I would be ecstatic to have him.

College is a different animal than the NFL, specifically off the field.

So far, there is ONE CANDIDATE that we know has the goods.

His name is Butch Davis.

I wouldn't hate it but I wouldn't love it either.

His tenure with Oakland was spotty in terms of personnel and the main aspect of a college job is identifying and developing talent.

Schematically and personality wise I think he passes the test but I'm not sold fully.

(Don't think he would take the job anyway, will probably have NFL offers.)

Advertisement
Hue is going to get NFL offers for what he is doing in Cincinnati so he probably won't come here.

What sports talk stations are you listening to?

The ones I listen to continue to suggest the Bengals are going to promote Hue Jackson to HC, and Marvin will become the GM ...

Advertisement
Well, at least he sounds like a decent coach. I have a preference (strong preference) for great defensive coaches, though....

However, if we get a great offensive-minded coach who hires a high quality DC I wouldn't be upset....

1. Told everybody on twitter I would be rooting for a blow out every week!!!! cuz its what we needed ( happened ) >>>>> GOLDEN GONE...IT WAS SIMPLE
2. I am telling you rumors here in Cincinnati is Hue Jackson our OC has a lot of interest in the job and its all over sports shows, been talking about it for over 2 weeks
3. Last Tues Hue was on a talk show and was asked about it, he would not comment on it, BUT HE DID NOT DENY IT

Butch Davis built the greatest college football team of all time.

1. Is Hue Jackson better than Butch? No.
2. Is Hue Jackson equal to Butch? No.
3. Fuggetabouit.

Rick is that you?

12115566_881084875318351_8513875428990082248_n.jpg

Its me who goes there?

Advertisement
Hue Jackson would be a great hire , but he'll be coaching playoff football you want your coach to be hired in jan ? He'll have no time to put a staff together before nsd

I would like this hire, but I prefer Butch. We need to get a coach with proven HC experience and success.

I like Herman, but he has been a head coach for 6 games. I don't want to take that kind of risk.

Hue Jackson would be a great hire , but he'll be coaching playoff football you want your coach to be hired in jan ? He'll have no time to put a staff together before nsd

I don't think he has to stick around the NFL if he's hired for Miami. Besides, this seems all too good to be true.

Advertisement
Back