Just my opinion (JMO) on 2021 college baseball

DiMare has not "failed miserably" as a coach. He had one chance as head coach and we got put in an impossible regional that we did not deserve to be in. I had the guy on ignore for good reason, this just reminded me why I did,

Advertisement
DiMare has not "failed miserably" as a coach. He had one chance as head coach and we got put in an impossible regional that we did not deserve to be in. I had the guy on ignore for good reason, this just reminded me why I did,
Hes failed miserably as a day to day skipper. Lost a handful of games in his first 2 seasons because of his decision making. That's tough to do in baseball. If you don't think he needs major help in regards to bullpen management I don't know what to tell you.

"Impossible regional" LOL We blew a massive lead to UNC and deserved exactly what we got. Not to mention losing to that scrub *** CMU team with the lame *** rituals.

Last edited:
Will be intersting to see how the NCAA handles this? Yes, they have given players an extra year, but given that scholarship limits were already Draconian, what happens now? Are Unniversities put in the position of funding either a 5th year senior or true Freshman within the 11.5? to scholarships available? Or will the NCAA open up a one year increase in total scholarships to address this issue?

With the 5 Round MLB draft this takes on a whole different picture. There is an opportunity to build up College Baseball by allowing a one time increase in 2021 scholarship limits, then reevaluate for 2021. IMO, many College Baseball could become a small net positive monetary program if the NCAA stopped tying its scholarship limits to Womens Golf, etc - aka. Title 9.

MLB is dying slowly. Am sure they would love colleges to reduce their minor league costs. But do they pony up and donate to College Baseball. Can they due to Title 9? In the end game if College Baseball brings in more money that can only help womens sports, but try to explain that to many women that can't understand why the WNBA players don't get the same salary as Lebron?

Intersting times we live in. Do these times bring out a focused and intelligent view of the world or a Libbie fairy tale, money grows on trees and this is how we think theeasy picking money should be distributed?
What's a Libbie fairy tale?

We lost to Central Michigan in that regional.

Well we had 1 and 2 more than covered, so of course we had a shot, anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't watch much CWS baseball. I go to Omaha every June and I have watched teams like Fresno St, Coastal Carolina and a UCLA team that hit .200 as a team win it. Would we have made it or won any games, who knows. But we had 2 early MLB draft picks as starting pitchers and maybe the best Friday night arm in the nation so we had a chance. That is not deniable.
Now we rebuild the rotation and hope to shore up the defense. I got a feeling we will need to score some runs next year as the rotation will be green. Hopefully the USC transfer and JC guys slide right in help and guys like Gates, AMac, Palmquist, Garland can build off of last season.
That said you do not just replace a rotation of BVB, CMac and Slade, so I doubt we are as good as last year unless the bats explode.
The problem is you don't want #3 to be weak if the main advantage your relying on is #1. Weak/bad fielding can really blunt your advantage in pitching. Most staffs don't have three power (strike out) pitchers that can go deep into a game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back