Just listened to Manny on YouTube...

troyskiles

[]_[] Forever
I found it interesting how he said the mentality of the team has been "weak" the last couple years and the amount of praise he laid on Zion! He must really be playing well. I am gaining more confidence in LT due to all the good reports on Zion. RT, not so sure.

My point, Manny saw we were a little weak mentally last couple seasons and Zion in going to be fun to watch for 3 year. :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

Advertisement
Just gives a better understanding of why Manny jumped ship... I mean look, anytime you get offered a HC gig as a position coach you're gonna jump at it but Manny knew he couldn't change CMR's mentality and had to walk away.... Now he has a chance to do it his way all the way and so far he's made all the right moves... But.. it has to translate to on field performance... It has to...

Advertisement
Zion was 5'11 185 when he got here, now he's 6'5 285. Feeley doing work
before-and-after.jpg

I found it interesting how he said the mentality of the team has been "weak" the last couple years and the amount of praise he laid on Zion! He must really be playing well. I am gaining more confidence in LT due to all the good reports on Zion. RT, not so sure.

My point, Manny saw we were a little weak mentally last couple seasons and Zion in going to be fun to watch for 3 year. :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

You mean rhe same team Manolo was the DC for?

So unless he is talking about the O....

Advertisement
He really was around 220 a year ago though. Think he got to campus in the 240 range. I didn’t think weight gain like that was possible without messing your body up.

Advertisement
Consistency, the key word Manny always preaches. We get the offense to play in similar fashion as we do defensively - man, this is going to be a helluva ride this season. Zion is showing all he’s come to work, I’m praying his work ethic is rubbing off on the other OL as well. We’ve all seen the transformations being in Feeley’s S&C program has done, especially the big boys. Add in some nastiness to the ingredients and we have a formula for a winning year coming up. But in order to accomplish it, we’ve got to show consistency in practice, and translate that to game day.

I forgot to put in the original, sorry.
I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

:stormwarningflag-sm::neonu::11263272045-489f4f7972-o:
Long live real hip hop!!

Advertisement
That’s the HC’s job. Assistant coaches don’t set the tone for the whole team. The HC is the boss, and the team follows his lead.

Agreed and I've been saying same since...

Forever.

My point was, as DC he takes his que from the then HC [Richt], and sets a further tone (within the left and right edges) of how his defense's attitude would be (appeared night v day of Richt's O).

In turn, the DL, LB (ok Manolo), and DBs took their cues from HC and DC.

His subtle, and not so subtle, shots at Richt's leadership just lesd one to believe at best their relstionship was "meh" if not borderline "you arent my cup of tea".

Manny should hopefully have hired a staff that can support, and even better, extend his tone throughout the org top to bottom...equipment managers to OC/DC.

We all imagine what could have been if our Canes had used a Manny-type on O pass 3 years.

Richt would likely still be HC (shudder the thought).

I hope Manny's O and D skin those f[]cking lizards alive on 8/24 and then look at the camera with "who is next?".

Go Canes.

Advertisement
Back