Just Dreadful

View as article
Advertisement
I hate to break it you guys, but I don't think this years Miami Hurricanes are winning another game. Yeah, I said it. This offense is broken, and they have a quarterback thatr can't be fixed.

Tonight Miami lost to 20-6 versus the North Carolina State Wolf Pack, in what was a defensive slog for much of this contest at Carter-Finley Stadium in Raleigh, to drop to 6-3.

But here's the worst thing about watching this years 'Canes. They have become dreadfully boring to watch. Yeah, I can handle the wins and loses, that goes with being a fan. I get that. But as my laptops were on the Alabama-LSU and Washington-USC games, I kept thinking to myself,''Look at those fun and entertaining offenses."

Alright, maybe there was some bad defense invovled (after all, it was the Trojans I was watching) but what I saw from those four squads was wide-open and imaginative systems, that also employed some tempo. They went up-and-down the field consistently and produced points. Whether you are a fan of any of those programs didn't matter, they are fun to watch.

Under Mario the Methodical, it almost seems as though the goal is to win every game 17-13, while winning the time of possession battle every week. Is it just me or does our current offense under Shannon Dawson seem like it plays 10 yards at a gime. The big plays we saw in September as UM rolled up big points and yards seems like a decade ago.

Now, to be fair, they have quarterback with the yips, who is now a full-blown turnover machine. Tyler Van Dyke in September was performing at an extremely high level. But since that Georgia Tech game, he has been a guy that simply can't protect the football. Every game since that point with him starting has felt a bit like the infamous '87 Fiesta Bowl.

Yeah, think about that, a whole month full of that game.

The defense for much of the game was dominating the Wolf Pack. Going into the fourth quarter they had all of five second half yards. Miami was actually controlling the game, but simply could not produce points. As Mark Fletcher (who played a strong game) was stuffed on 4th and one near the NC State goal line, you got the sinking feeling that it was the begining of the end.

The defense would proceed to give up a 98 yard touchdown drive to make the score 17-6.

It felt insurmountable.

Because it was.

I'm just a fan, but in my view I think Van Dyke's run as the Miami starter should come to an end. Realistically, given the depth chart (which features a true freshman, and another player who wants to be redshirted) that probably isn't going to happen. But no matter whatr Cristobal will say to the media, the team has lost faith in TVD, and the fan base is certainly ready to move on without him.

Cristobal preaches about being physical. To a point where some mock him for it (fyzical!!!). On nights like this, it's hard to argue with those detractors.
If Miami had any of those QBs from the games you were watching on your laptop, we would be 9-0.

My fear is that is what we’re going to expect to see year in and year our under Mario unless he gets lightning in a bottle with a qb and he has a bad track record with QBs.

Kyler Van Dight experiment is over. Time to move onto Emory.
You mean time to break emory

infinity war fight GIF

Advertisement
Even our wins are painful to watch. This team is really testing my fandom - I already gave up on going to the stadium as I‘ve left Hard Rock ****ed about 80% of the time the last few seasons.

If they think Emory can be the guy going forward you can not roll him out there vs FSU. Let’s not kill this kid’s confidence. Like you said above can’t be bad and boring. Looks like we don’t even practice passing the ball.
The FSU defence is not better than the Clemson defence.

Neither is the NC St defence.

They're not benching TVD for reasons I can't fathom, but killing Emory's confidence shouldn't be a concern.

I hate to break it you guys, but I don't think this years Miami Hurricanes are winning another game. Yeah, I said it. This offense is broken, and they have a quarterback thatr can't be fixed.

Tonight Miami lost to 20-6 versus the North Carolina State Wolf Pack, in what was a defensive slog for much of this contest at Carter-Finley Stadium in Raleigh, to drop to 6-3.

But here's the worst thing about watching this years 'Canes. They have become dreadfully boring to watch. Yeah, I can handle the wins and loses, that goes with being a fan. I get that. But as my laptops were on the Alabama-LSU and Washington-USC games, I kept thinking to myself,''Look at those fun and entertaining offenses."

Alright, maybe there was some bad defense invovled (after all, it was the Trojans I was watching) but what I saw from those four squads was wide-open and imaginative systems, that also employed some tempo. They went up-and-down the field consistently and produced points. Whether you are a fan of any of those programs didn't matter, they are fun to watch.

Under Mario the Methodical, it almost seems as though the goal is to win every game 17-13, while winning the time of possession battle every week. Is it just me or does our current offense under Shannon Dawson seem like it plays 10 yards at a gime. The big plays we saw in September as UM rolled up big points and yards seems like a decade ago.

Now, to be fair, they have quarterback with the yips, who is now a full-blown turnover machine. Tyler Van Dyke in September was performing at an extremely high level. But since that Georgia Tech game, he has been a guy that simply can't protect the football. Every game since that point with him starting has felt a bit like the infamous '87 Fiesta Bowl.

The defense for much of the game was dominating the Wolf Pack. Going into the fourth quarter they had all of five second half yards. Miami was actually controlling the game, but simply could not produce points. As Mark Fletcher (who played a strong game) was stuffed on 4th and one near the NC State goal line, you got the sinking feeling that it was the begining of the end.

The defense would proceed to give up a 98 yard touchdown drive to make the score 17-6.

It felt insurmountable.

Because it was.

I'm just a fan, but in my view I think Van Dyke's run as the Miami starter should come to an end. Realistically, given the depth chart (which features a true freshman, and another player who wants to be redshirted) that probably isn't going to happen. But no matter whatr Cristobal will say to the media, the team has lost faith in TVD, and the fan base is certainly ready to move on without him.

Cristobal preaches about being physical. To a point where some mock him for it (fyzical!!!). On nights like this, it's hard to argue with those detractors.
Responds to my comments in other threads about elite QBs avoiding Miami. They want to showcase their talents en route to the NFL and know that won't happen at Miami. That hasn't happened at Miami since the 1980s and 1990s. Maybe in the early 2000s, but certainly not in the last 15-20 years.

Advertisement
For me, this is the lowest I’ve ever been. Not because we haven’t hit low points over the past 20 years. We could list them all… The pain comes from the understanding that this is it. This is who we will be for years to come. Mario will play down to the level of talent we play against. He will pull out some great wins, his ceiling is 9 wins. That’s all we will ever be. We’ve always pushed on the admin to invest in football, we paid this stupid fck 8m a year. This game and gt are a billion percent on him.

Anyways, my wife will be happy because I don’t have to schedule our Saturday’s around this buklsht anymore. God bless all of you. I’ve invested to much time, money and brainpower into this program. Se acabo

If they think Emory can be the guy going forward you can not roll him out there vs FSU. Let’s not kill this kid’s confidence. Like you said above can’t be bad and boring. Looks like we don’t even practice passing the ball.
He should have had him
Playing the past
Two weeks

That is the big miss….you leave tvd on the **** bench

Advertisement

It felt insurmountable.

Because it was.

Tyler made his money, I don't feel bad about this. Welcome to pay for play.

For me, this is the lowest I’ve ever been. Not because we haven’t hit low points over the past 20 years. We could list them all… The pain comes from the understanding that this is it. This is who we will be for years to come. Mario will play down to the level of talent we play against. He will pull out some great wins, his ceiling is 9 wins. That’s all we will ever be. We’ve always pushed on the admin to invest in football, we paid this stupid fck 8m a year. This game and gt are a billion percent on him.

Anyways, my wife will be happy because I don’t have to schedule our Saturday’s around this buklsht anymore. God bless all of you. I’ve invested to much time, money and brainpower into this program. Se acabo
I highly suggest you live your life and not have it revolve around this bs program.
I went and played golf again this week (76😊)….and then come home and zip thru the game
So I don’t have to agonize and endure four hours of bull****, atleast it’s condensed to 90 minutes!

I will not be spending a ******* dime on this team until I see legitimate top 10 team performing week After week….and it starts w getting a g dam QB

Advertisement
The FSU defence is not better than the Clemson defence.

Neither is the NC St defence.

They're not benching TVD for reasons I can't fathom, but killing Emory's confidence shouldn't be a concern.
You might be right but I don’t want to play a freshmen QB on the road when we don’t have to.

Advertisement
Back