Just bought my first home. Man cave ideas

Advertisement
@OriginalCanesCanesCanes ...this is the one I have now....
17-1-1.jpg

Advertisement
@OriginalCanesCanesCanes ....I rarely Grill/Smoke in the summer...too F-ing Hot....but its on come Nov-March....I have a Super nice Grill/Smoker combo...had an even nicer one, but gave it to my Son...
Your thoughts on electric smokers?

Techno trash to purists or an evolution?

Have a friend who has a very high-end one (BBQ Guys I think)... good eat'n but feels almost like cheating to me...

Your thoughts on electric smokers?

Techno trash to purists or an evolution?

Have a friend who has a very high-end one (BBQ Guys I think)... good eat'n but feels almost like cheating to me...
I'm a purist to the 10th degree....Low & Slow from Smoking, too Prime Rib...I use Lump Wood Charcoal, and Hickory...Love Lump Charcoal because of the Heat....Never owned a Gas Grill, because nothing beats the flavor of Charcoal...I realize the cleanup is easier with Gas...but I couldn't care less....its all about flavor in my eyes....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Building something like that is hardcore. No way you’re doing it without a grownup welding setup. I’m guessing it weighs well over 300

That’s incredible. Did you have a set if plans you used? I imagine that you need to know something about welding.
No plans. Got the idea from a stacked smoker setup. One 55gal on top of another. We decided to get creative and upped the anti to 3 drums. A buddy of mine is a welder and I've learned a lot from him. He helped me along when I got into a rut. You would be surprised how much you can learn about welding on you tube. Lot's of trial and error but in the end I ended up with a bad *** smoker.

Go Canes!!

No plans. Got the idea from a stacked smoker setup. One 55gal on top of another. We decided to get creative and upped the anti to 3 drums. A buddy of mine is a welder and I've learned a lot from him. He helped me along when I got into a rut. You would be surprised how much you can learn about welding on you tube. Lot's of trial and error but in the end I ended up with a bad *** smoker.

Go Canes!!
Yeah…. It’s got to be rewarding as **** to eat stellar food you cooked in your own creation. I bet the first time you used it that it was some of the best smoked meat ever. Lol

Building something like that is hardcore. No way you’re doing it without a grownup welding setup. I’m guessing it weighs well over 300 lb
My welding rig ran me right around 8 hundo. The whole thing only weighs 200lbs. Took a little over a year to complete. Weekends here and there. I wasn't in a rush which was a good thing considering the amount of mistakes I made along the way.lol

Go Canes!!!!

Yeah…. It’s got to be rewarding as **** to eat stellar food you cooked in your own creation. I bet the first time you used it that it was some of the best smoked meat ever. Lol
Funny you say that. The 1st meal tasted like what I thought was the best smoked bbq I've ever eaten. And then I learned how to cook on it and now that I've got it dialed in, it's a wrap. There's definitely an art to smoking food. A friend has a digital smoker and his food comes out tasting pretty fn awesome. So n9 knock on the digi"s. We've done some blind taste testing a few times and the food coming off my smoker usually gets the nod when we tally the scores. Something about that deep smoked taste just puts it over the top.

Go Canes!!!

Advertisement
Back