Just back from the game. Some 1:30AM thoughts

Advertisement
Agree on all points except end of 4th qtr approach . If we lost he would have been crucified . Again mario blows his timeouts needlessly and he handcuffs himself which forced him to play for. OT. He will cost us more games than the acc refs which all should quit for being unqualified.
In fairness to Mario, one of the timeouts in the second half he had to take because Emory/offense did not get set up on time.

Also, if we’re going to be objective, the refs not looking at the Clemson fumble at the goal line was incredibly peculiar. They review all sorts of meaningless plays; that that one didn’t get reviewed surprised me.

In fairness to Mario, one of the timeouts in the second half he had to take because Emory/offense did not get set up on time.

Also, if we’re going to be objective, the refs not looking at the Clemson fumble at the goal line was incredibly peculiar. They review all sorts of meaningless plays; that that one didn’t get reviewed surprised me.

The con game goes all the way to the ACC replay control room in Charlotte.... this is outright cheating that goes on. Coaches could lose their jobs over this nonsense.
Needs to be addressed .. where is our media??

Advertisement
the great news, highlighted by reuben bain in his presser

Guidry and the team identified that Clemson averaged 8 yards a carry when running the counter this year and we shut it down

there's another team that runs the country pretty heavily coming up... and it's great to see we defended it so well

Advertisement
I was just thumbnailing it. I'd be curious as to what the official attendance number was. It looked about 10-12% less full than the TAMU game.
question for the board - do you think they handled Emory perfectly? I had questions early on but when I saw the light bulb seemed to go off in the second half I thought it was the perfect strategy for his first game. he looked very uncomfortable early and even emory said the game seemed to slow down for him as he got more in game reps.

The acoustics in that stadium since the roof was added really keep the noise in. During the TAMU game I noted that the 2000 or so TAMU fans sounded loud when they were cheering for their defense.

If we fill that stadium up, visiting teams will shrink.
Dabo called time out at least once on 3rd down because of the noise

Just ridiculousness, the Athletic Dept. is going to have to quit smiling while they take it up the *** from these clowns!

We will never be officiated fairly in the ACC. This is beyond criminal. Its too bad UM's administration is a bunch of headless, leaderless, pieces of **** who care only about their own political clout.

Advertisement
The acoustics in that stadium since the roof was added really keep the noise in. During the TAMU game I noted that the 2000 or so TAMU fans sounded loud when they were cheering for their defense.

If we fill that stadium up, visiting teams will shrink.

Agree. That roof adds another dimension. That stadium can get crazy if canes start to win and fill it up!

Perhaps my favorite win since Notre Dame 2017. The way the team played, the Emory Williams factor, the game ending on a goal line stand. Just awesome.

• Emory Williams was playing a step slow early, even on handoffs. He caught up to the speed of the game as it went on. As well, he never looked lost or confused. He was in control of the offense throughout.
  • Clemson's D was solid. We had very few times when there was anyone truly open. The fact that we wore them out was amazing.
  • Once again, the Canes were the more physical team. And make no mistake, Clemson is a physical team.
  • I completely agreed with Mario's approach at the end of regulation. We had those guys, you could see it in the body language. Clemson's D was wilting.
  • Perhaps the most one-sided officiating Ive ever seen.
    • The block below the waist on Lee - he was tripped by the Clemson LB. When TV showed the replay, they started the video just after the trip.
    • Bad PI call on 3rd and 20 where the DB got his head around and hand on the ball.
    • No call on intentional grounding before their first TD.
    • The Safety. Absolute ACC cheating bull****. My seats are right along the goal line. I had a perfect view of that.
    • During the nine minute drive, at one point a Clemson player drops to the ground, clearly faking an injury, and the ACC Network immediately jumps in with a three minute commercial break. Giving Clemson's D a free timeout. It just seemed coordinated. lol
    • It seems to me that the worst officiated games are the ones on the ACC Network.
  • What a great defensive effort.
  • I totally agreed with Mario's approach at the end of regulation.
  • Perfect first play call by Dawson to start the game. Let Williams throw a safe pass to Brashard Smith.
  • It looked to me like Dawson tried to run a bunch of throws that Williams was used to making in his high school offense. Lots of horizontal stuff.
  • Pretty energetic crowd but not great attendance. I'd guess 38K with 2K being Clemson fans.
Imagine how bad the ACC afternoon game officiating crew must be for next week. Like the afternoon shift of dive bar strip club.

Imagine how bad the ACC afternoon game officiating crew must be for next week. Like the afternoon shift of dive bar strip club.

Again, my theory is that its easier for the ACC to cheat when the game is broadcast on the ACC network. The block below the waist on Lee was a perfect example. Thousands of people in the stands saw the Clemson linebacker intentionally trip Lee but the TV replay started the replay just after the trip.

BTW - That was clearly a key focus of Dabo's defensive game plan, trying to prevent Lee from getting to the outside to block on those horizontal pass plays. I have no doubt that trip was intentional.

Advertisement
Perhaps my favorite win since Notre Dame 2017. The way the team played, the Emory Williams factor, the game ending on a goal line stand. Just awesome.

• Emory Williams was playing a step slow early, even on handoffs. He caught up to the speed of the game as it went on. As well, he never looked lost or confused. He was in control of the offense throughout.
  • Clemson's D was solid. We had very few times when there was anyone truly open. The fact that we wore them out was amazing.
  • Once again, the Canes were the more physical team. And make no mistake, Clemson is a physical team.
  • I completely agreed with Mario's approach at the end of regulation. We had those guys, you could see it in the body language. Clemson's D was wilting.
  • Perhaps the most one-sided officiating Ive ever seen.
    • The block below the waist on Lee - he was tripped by the Clemson LB. When TV showed the replay, they started the video just after the trip.
    • Bad PI call on 3rd and 20 where the DB got his head around and hand on the ball.
    • No call on intentional grounding before their first TD.
    • The Safety. Absolute ACC cheating bull****. My seats are right along the goal line. I had a perfect view of that.
    • During the nine minute drive, at one point a Clemson player drops to the ground, clearly faking an injury, and the ACC Network immediately jumps in with a three minute commercial break. Giving Clemson's D a free timeout. It just seemed coordinated. lol
    • It seems to me that the worst officiated games are the ones on the ACC Network.
  • What a great defensive effort.
  • I totally agreed with Mario's approach at the end of regulation.
  • Perfect first play call by Dawson to start the game. Let Williams throw a safe pass to Brashard Smith.
  • It looked to me like Dawson tried to run a bunch of throws that Williams was used to making in his high school offense. Lots of horizontal stuff.
  • Pretty energetic crowd but not great attendance. I'd guess 38K with 2K being Clemson fans.
Emory validated your first point in the post game interview and said the game slowed down for him as it progressed.

I appreciated the lack of self-inflicted wounds. Other than the INT and fumble, we played a pretty clean game.

The refs could’ve called taunting on Clemson at least three or four times. A couple of times a ref is looking right at the Clemson player getting in the Cane player’s face. Yet Flagg gets a penalty against Georgia Tech for ‘saying something’.
THIS. If any Cane would have been talkiing **** or in an opposing player's face like that Clemson CB was in Horton's towards the end if regulation, they definitely would have been flagged. It's ridiculous at this point. Also, what is a safety anymore?! The ****!

Advertisement
Back