Junior Day A Parents Perspective

UknowWhat

Senior
It was exciting to see all the kids that could help the U to return to its former glory. Quarterman, McCloud and Pinkney hit it off immediately like three peas in a pod. You could see that all the kids were a bit excited about seeing and meeting each other, if that makes any sense. Cager was very interactive with all and Mullins seemed to be very excited Sam Bruce got lots of love as well… I feel he (Bruce) is the keystone for the SoFL kids. I got one photo that included Patrick Bethel… Talked with him he was quick to say that he has not made a commitment yet, but I got the feeling he was feeling the magic and excitement in the air. I had a long talk with Zach McCloud and Jack Allison parents. Both groups seemed very excited. Zach and Mike saw Shaq taking a picture with Jack… they came up and asked Shaq who the guy was and Shaq said this is Jack Allison and Mike was like oh he is going to be our QB… they then exchanged pleasantries then up comes Bruce, Cager and Mullins the preverbal icing on the cake. A quick foreshadow of what could one day be.

Advertisement
****-in-my-pants-******-300x222.jpg

It was exciting to see all the kids that could help the U to return to its former glory. Quarterman, McCloud and Pinkney hit it off immediately like three peas in a pod. You could see that all the kids were a bit excited about seeing and meeting each other, if that makes any sense. Cager was very interactive with all and Mullins seemed to be very excited Sam Bruce got lots of love as well… I feel he (Bruce) is the keystone for the SoFL kids. I got one photo that included Patrick Bethel… Talked with him he was quick to say that he has not made a commitment yet, but I got the feeling he was feeling the magic and excitement in the air. I had a long talk with Zach McCloud and Jack Allison parents. Both groups seemed very excited. Zach and Mike saw Shaq taking a picture with Jack… they came up and asked Shaq who the guy was and Shaq said this is Jack Allison and Mike was like oh he is going to be our QB… they then exchanged pleasantries then up comes Bruce, Cager and Mullins the preverbal icing on the cake. A quick foreshadow of what could one day be.
Thank you sir, this bunch will get us over the top.

If you cant get excited about this post, then why even follow the **** team? Im sure most on here have better things to do with their life. This post gives me hope that either Al or some other coach will have the talent needed to turn this thing around quickly. Thanks for sharing.

Advertisement
Thanks Poppa Shaq. We are all so down it is great to hear upbeat stuff like this. Everyone is excited about the killer 2016 class. Sometimes we forget this is THE U and all it takes in that one moment, that one coach, that one MORE player and bammmm we are in to win again.

Thanks so much for sharing... We are so glad your family is becoming part of ours! I almost wish we could fast forward things by 1 year...
Go Canes!

Your perspective (and discretion) are always appreciated. I noticed a few posts saying the atmosphere is electric, which helped with a lot of the commitment. Besides the above, would you mind sharing what did UM do so well as hosts?

Your perspective (and discretion) are always appreciated. I noticed a few posts saying the atmosphere is electric, which helped with a lot of the commitment. Besides the above, would you mind sharing what did UM do so well as hosts?
Huricano i was trying to figure that out myself...I think it was mostly getting them all there and the little nudge by the staff to get them to interact with one another sparked the excitement...from that point it seemed if they were already on the same team...each supplying and absurbing energy from one another... i thought i was forcing the hand at getting Mike Shaq and Zach together...they where all excited to meet one another then it was like they knew each other for years...i thought it was just me...but when i introduce myself to Zach his parents os like where is Shaq we want to meet him...Jack's mom is the kinda person everybody likes and Jack has the same disposition. .. it could be great. ..i know I'm running on but what's really nice is the majority of the group want to come early

Advertisement
Huricano i was trying to figure that out myself...I think it was mostly getting them all there and the little nudge by the staff to get them to interact with one another sparked the excitement...from that point it seemed if they were already on the same team...each supplying and absurbing energy from one another... i thought i was forcing the hand at getting Mike Shaq and Zach together...they where all excited to meet one another then it was like they knew each other for years...i thought it was just me...but when i introduce myself to Zach his parents os like where is Shaq we want to meet him...Jack's mom is the kinda person everybody likes and Jack has the same disposition. .. it could be great. ..i know I'm running on but what's really nice is the majority of the group want to come early

I saw all you guys chilling out by the hecht when I walked to the library. I assumed it was the guys still on an OV. Didn't know it was junior day. There were a lot of highly rated guys their.
I'm sure anytime you get 4 commits in a day, the excitement level should be pretty high.
I just hope these guys stick it out. Did you get the impression these guys were commited to Golden? or Miami? ...In case he's gone this year.

I saw all you guys chilling out by the hecht when I walked to the library. I assumed it was the guys still on an OV. Didn't know it was junior day. There were a lot of highly rated guys their.
I'm sure anytime you get 4 commits in a day, the excitement level should be pretty high.
I just hope these guys stick it out. Did you get the impression these guys were commited to Golden? or Miami? ...In case he's gone this year.
Cali... I think the kids love the U but want to play for the coach that recruited them (translated to: the coaches that want them) right now Al Golden is at the helm and want them... In college football you can never commit to a coach ... attritition is so high you never know what is going to happen.

As a father of a lower division college athlete, my best advice was to tell my son to go to college somewhere you wouldn't mind living after graduation. ITs the best way to take advantage of the business network of your alma mater. It's cool to go to college in a little university town like a Gainesville or Tuscaloosa, AL or Athens, GA, etc. but what happens when you graduate? IF you don't play a pro sport, you have to go out and find a career. Having an an alumni network in a market you'd want to live in can be quite advantageous. Moreover, to have been a star college athlete in that market can makes things even better for your first job out of college.

Something to think about if the NFL thing doesnt happen.

As a father of a lower division college athlete, my best advice was to tell my son to go to college somewhere you wouldn't mind living after graduation. ITs the best way to take advantage of the business network of your alma mater. It's cool to go to college in a little university town like a Gainesville or Tuscaloosa, AL or Athens, GA, etc. but what happens when you graduate? IF you don't play a pro sport, you have to go out and find a career. Having an an alumni network in a market you'd want to live in can be quite advantageous. Moreover, to have been a star college athlete in that market can makes things even better for your first job out of college.

Spot on nail on the head...

Advertisement

agree. except I wouldnt include Athens in there. Its like 70 miles from Atlanta.

Advertisement
sam bruce has that old school miami swagger...from that personality to the way he plays.....miami fans will LOVe the kid..HE IS A MUST GET.

Hey poppa shaq quick question did you guys get to meet cager at all, im just trying to figure out the influence he has on so many recruits it seems they always mention him his personality must just click with everyone

Thanks for any input

Advertisement
Back