June 23rd Full Camp Report

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
**Carol City ATH Trayone Gray came into the day without an offer and left as a Miami commit. Gray started off working with the quarterbacks early on, but Al Golden pulled him aside and shortly after that conversation he was switched to the receivers/defensive backs group. Gray worked with both groups, but more as a receiver, which I see as his college position. I personally love this get by the staff. He is as impressive physically as it gets and has produced in the toughest district in the country. He will put up monster numbers for Carol City this season, as he will be in control of the offense at quarterback. You can read Gray's commitment story here: http://canesinsight.com/threads/53622-Carol-City-s-Gray-commits-to-Miami

**Miami Northwestern WR JoJo Robinson was at camp as a participant, but he did not not work in the one-on-ones portion of the day. He was spending a lot of the day with Gray.

**Two other Northwestern receivers, Tanares Robinson and Jabari Downling were two of the more impressive receivers in the one-on-one session. Look for those two to blow up this season. Both are quick and very precise route runners who would be a great fit as a slot receiver in the spread at the next level. I expect big things from them.

**2015 Timber Creek RB Jacques Patrick attended camp and did not lace up until one-on-ones. Patrick looks the part as one of the top running backs in the country for his class. He moves very well for his size too.

**St. Thomas Aquinas DT Anthony Moten (UF commit) was a non-participant today. The coaches were all over him and he was seen with Anthony Chickillo and Shayon Green as well. Moten says his commitment to UF is solid, but Miami will not give up.

**One of the prospects that I was most impressed with today was 2014 Dwyer DL Daikwon Fuse. He was built like a truck and could really move. I hadn't heard anything about him before today, but he performed well enough for the staff to monitor him down the line. Arguably the best looking kid there from a physical standpoint.

**Longtime 2014 commit Trevor Darling was at camp and competing. He was nearly unbeatable in one-on-ones and looked lighter on his feet than I've seen in the past from him. I still don't know if I like him at guard or tackle better, but Miami got a great prospect. He's a forgotten kid in this class because he's been committed since last summer, but he is big-time.

**Two Gulliver Prep kids caught my eye. 2015 LB Dominic Sheppard is built like a college backer already and Miami has offered him. 2016 ATH Dionte Mullins is an electric player, who was making plays as a receiver. He will be a big-time prospect.

**Cypress Bay's Deion Hallmon came to camp today hoping to get an offer, but it doesn't look like that came. He worked with the wide receivers, which was interesting because most schools want him at corner.

**Travonte Valentine was at his third camp today, but did not participate because of a minor knee injury.

**Immokalee LB Jimmy Bayes (USF commit) was competing at camp for the 2nd time. He looks the part, but struggled in coverage at times.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No one who went through the late Coker/early Shannon years will ever forget about a top OL commit like Darling. This OL class could be the best ever with him, McDermott and Gibbons.

Peter, do you know what kind of interest Trent Harris has? I seen the pic u posted of him and Golden. Haven't heard his name, but he's got a helluva offer list.

Advertisement
Peter, do you know what kind of interest Trent Harris has? I seen the pic u posted of him and Golden. Haven't heard his name, but he's got a helluva offer list.

If it's the kid I think it is, they were all over him and he looked very good. Don't know about interest but I'll find out.

Harris named a final six a couple of days ago.

Seems like a weird time to visit.

Pete, out of all the camps, top 5 (or 10 if you want) players you were impressed with. Top 5 who were not on your radar who made a name for themselves. Go.

Advertisement
After receiving our 2nd and 3rd LB commit this weekend, Would they take Jimmy Bayes if he tries to commit?

Advertisement
Great Job by both Pete,Tito & whoever else I'm missing for giving us the constant updates. It is greatly appreciated!!

Advertisement
Back