Jun 6 vs South Alabama (NCAAR) noon ESPN3

Advertisement
Crazy how Rivera just completely fell off. He had that few week stretch where he looked great then it turned into a **** strike out every single time up...would have been nice to see that light tower power to tie it up...

I'll point it out again. Rivera takes strike 2 on an off speed pitch in the strike zone. This is the problem. They are conditioned not to swing at off speed pitches early in counts. I just think it's a bad philosophy. I was tought zone hitting. It didn't matter what the pitch is as long as it was in my hitting zone. You time for fastballs, but you know you have plenty of time to adjust on off speed and still hit the ball hard. Our guys just don't swing at anything other than a fastball unless it's 2 strikes. The problem is you don't get better pitches to hit with 2 strikes and your behind in the count.

Advertisement
Hindsight is 20/20 but wouldn't have minded if they started Fed today instead of Garland...never been a fan of Garland starting in big games

Fed throws up another zero. He’s giving us a chance. 2,3,4 have to do something with it.

Man, Federman looks great!!!! The bottom fell out on his slider for strike 3 to end the inning. Let's see if the offense can gain some momentum.

This is soooo disappointing. Think about the state of Miami sports right now. Hoops-laughing stock of ACC. Baseball-can’t beat half the teams on our schedule and USF’s *******. Football-underperforming (but at least Manny makes changes), the rest-who looks forward to swimming? Oh wait, never mind. we always have women’s hoops-sort of.

Until the ACC stops paying us to be the Washington Generals to UNC, Duke, and the rest of Tobacco Road we will be content to take it up ……….well you get it. Rant over for now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
The problem is the hitting philosophy. They teach them to take a lot of pitches and hit fastballs which they don't do well either. Off speed, forget about it. They don't swing at off speed pitches with less than 2 strikes even if it in the strike zone unless they're just fooled thinking it's a fastball. This just my observation not any insider info.
Correct. Obviously they are harping on OBP, working counts, and swinging at fastballs. But we don’t do any damage and don’t hit those anyway. So throw 4 off speeds, land 2 for strikes, elevate FB or throw another breaker. Easy innings

After flopping as a starter, Fed really did respond with some of the best baseball of his career

Advertisement
Back