Jun 5 vs USF (NCAAR) 6:30 ESPN3

UM's hitting coach needs to be fired!!! Just a terrible approach to hitting IMO.

Does ND have better players than we do? Better approach to hitting? Better coaching?

No way a northern team should be raking runs the way they do.

Gino needs to take a serious look at what his team hitting philosophy is. It's a failure. All these less talented teams outperforming UM offensively. A team that can play year round ought to be one of the top offensive teams in the country. We're not even middle of the pack. The hitting coach has to go. Period!!!

Advertisement
Toral's Perfect Game report:
Alejandro Toral is a 2017 1B/OF/LHP with a 6-2 220 lb. frame from Davie, FL who attends Archbishop Edward McCarthy HS. Big and strong build, mature physically. Left handed hitter, creates big bat speed with ideal lower half use, hands are loose and smooth coming through the zone, has some lift in his swing without selling out for power, will hit the ball the other way and drive it with authority, polished and mature hitter with outstanding swing mechanics. 7.37 runner, moves well for his size at first base, advanced footwork with soft hands and good balance, will be an asset defensively at first. Can also play left field. Very good student, verbal commitment to Miami. Selected for the Perfect Game All-American Classic.
Moves well for his size 🤣🤣

Advertisement
this team hasn't hit all year but when you come out of a weather delay and go 1,2,3 and out on 6 pitches!!! they threw a puss monster. Toral faking a throw to second on a sack bunt. 8 runs scored and the last 4 games. they suck

Toral's Perfect Game report:
Alejandro Toral is a 2017 1B/OF/LHP with a 6-2 220 lb. frame from Davie, FL who attends Archbishop Edward McCarthy HS. Big and strong build, mature physically. Left handed hitter, creates big bat speed with ideal lower half use, hands are loose and smooth coming through the zone, has some lift in his swing without selling out for power, will hit the ball the other way and drive it with authority, polished and mature hitter with outstanding swing mechanics. 7.37 runner, moves well for his size at first base, advanced footwork with soft hands and good balance, will be an asset defensively at first. Can also play left field. Very good student, verbal commitment to Miami. Selected for the Perfect Game All-American Classic.
This illustrious coaching staff has removed all these traits! From every player they coach. Thank goodness CDC was only here one year and was our best hitter....hmmmm

Advertisement
UM's hitting coach needs to be fired!!! Just a terrible approach to hitting IMO.

Does ND have better players than we do? Better approach to hitting? Better coaching?

No way a northern team should be raking runs the way they do.

Gino needs to take a serious look at what his team hitting philosophy is. It's a failure. All these less talented teams outperforming UM offensively. A team that can play year round ought to be one of the top offensive teams in the country. We're not even middle of the pack. The hitting coach has to go. Period!!!
It’s not the hitting coach. It’s Gino DiMare. Gino was the hitting coach for all of those years. The hitting philosophy we’re watching is his. Don’t scapegoat the hitting coach. This is far and away a head coaching issue.

People have to be able to see that Gino was running this program when we missed the tournament in 2017-18. Jim Morris was enjoying his new son and his million dollar salary. Gino was running the team. And the guy who ended the greatest postseason streak in history is now blowing it as the actual head coach.

It’s not the hitting coach. It’s Gino DiMare. Gino was the hitting coach for all of those years. The hitting philosophy we’re watching is his. Don’t scapegoat the hitting coach. This is far and away a head coaching issue.

People have to be able to see that Gino was running this program when we missed the tournament in 2017-18. Jim Morris was enjoying his new son and his million dollar salary. Gino was running the team. And the guy who ended the greatest postseason streak in history is now blowing it as the actual head coach.
Just ridiculous to say Morris wasn't really coaching the team because he had a kid. GMAFB!!
Gino wasn't the head coach when the team missed the postseason, so that's not on him no matter how much you want to put it on him. It's not!!!

To his credit, the team made it to a regional in his first year as head coach and last year's team may have been Omaha bound if not for the season cut short.

They have a new hitting coach this year and it isn't working out. The entire roster with the exception of 2-3 players is down in nearly every offensive category. Strikeouts are just ridiculous. The team just doesn't put the ball in play and when they do, it's a lot of weak contact. All is unacceptable.

I don't think Gino is a bad coach. I do think these guys get set in their ways of how successful teams of yesteryear were thinking the same formula will work. He needs to adapt and get some new approaches or get out of the way for someone who will. It ain't that hard. Just look at GT who is a league leading hitting team year in and year out. That's not by chance or luck. It's a philosophy. Look what ND has done this year. They rake at the plate in nearly every game under their new head coach. That's a different approach and mindset with a majority of the same players from the previous year. He needs to look at these top hitting teams and replicate what they do including hitting philosophy, the way they practice, and the way they train off the field. If Gino isn't willing to do that then he's got to go. He could be successful if he has the will to make changes the way Diaz has done with his football team.

Last edited:
Just ridiculous to say Morris wasn't really coaching the team because he had a kid. GMAFB!!
Gino wasn't the head coach when the team missed the postseason, so that's not on him no matter how much you want to put it on him. It's not!!!

To his credit, the team made it to a super regional in his first year as head coach and last year's team may have been Omaha bound if not for the season cut short.

They have a new hitting coach this year and it isn't working out. The entire roster with the exception of 2-3 players is down in nearly every offensive category. Strikeouts are just ridiculous. The team just doesn't put the ball in play and when they do, it's a lot of weak contact. All is unacceptable.

I don't think Gino is a bad coach. I do think these guys get set in their ways of how successful teams of yesteryear were thinking the same formula will work. He needs to adapt and get some new approaches or get out of the way for someone who will. It ain't that hard. Just look at GT who is a league leading hitting team year in and year out. That's not by chance or luck. It's a philosophy. Look what ND has done this year. They rake at the plate in nearly every game under their new head coach. That's a different approach and mindset with a majority of the same players from the previous year. He needs to look at these top hitting teams and replicate what they do including hitting philosophy, the way they practice, and the way they train off the field. If Gino isn't willing to do that then he's got to go. He could be successful if he has the will to make changes the way Diaz has done with his football team.
Um, Gino DiMare did not make it to a super regional in his first year as a head coach. When you can get the basic facts right we can continue this discussion.

Um, Gino DiMare did not make it to a super regional in his first year as a head coach. When you can get the basic facts right we can continue this discussion.
Corrected
Doesn't change the fsct that your statement is completely idiotic. I don't want to waste any more of my time on you. You can stop responding to my posts. I don't post for you.

Advertisement
Corrected
Doesn't change the fsct that your statement is completely idiotic. I don't want to waste any more of my time on you. You can stop responding to my posts. I don't post for you.
Look at Jim Morris’ first 15 years and then compare those to his last ten years and tell me that he was still running the show. Gino DiMare was the de facto head coach the same way Brad Kelley was in Ron Fraser’s last years. And the results are the same now that Gino is officially in charge.

There is good news. We have swept series this year against arguably better teams and we need to win 3 in a row against a #3 and #4 seed.

If the kids go up to the plate and say "Ok just forget about what they have been teaching me over the past couple of years and swing away like I did in high school" I think our bats can get hot. Just a little humor there.

Advertisement
There is good news. We have swept series this year against arguably better teams and we need to win 3 in a row against a #3 and #4 seed.

If the kids go up to the plate and say "Ok just forget about what they have been teaching me over the past couple of years and swing away like I did in high school" I think our bats can get hot. Just a little humor there.
Glimmer of hope I agree. But realistically what do we do with our arms?

To his credit, the team made it to a regional in his first year as head coach and last year's team may have been Omaha bound if not for the season cut short.

Who was actually coaching is really irrelevant. At a minimum, Gino had a massive hand in those two seasons. If he was not responsible in any way for missing the post-season, then by your same logic we should have kept Enos as our OC and Blake Baker as our DC. After all, they weren’t the head man so what role could they have played in our record. Bottom line, you do not promote the lead assistant off of a staff and program on a downward trend, and especially not without a search.

Advertisement
Back