Jumbo package

KyCane38

Redshirt Freshman
Anyone excited about what could be our best jumbo package in a long time? Brevin, Will, Irvin and George in a set I’d like to think we could just pound it in every time we get to 1st and goal

Advertisement
Anyone excited about what could be our best jumbo package in a long time? Brevin, Will, Irvin and George in a set I’d like to think we could just pound it in every time we get to 1st and goal
Throwing out of that set on the goal line would be confusing for teams

Ultimately it will come dwn to the hogs in the front. I wrote awhile back the we should be able to pound it on the inside against anyone in the ACC(exception being Clemson but they did lose alot up front)especially in the coastal. A rotation of Gaynor, Donaldson, Traore, and Reed is very intriguing.

On the goal line however I would replace Irvin with Evidence and line him up wide. Evidence has the potential to be a nightmare in the redzone.

Advertisement
Strongly against jumbo packs in short yardage situations. I think unless your OL/TEs are clearly superior to their DL/LBs that's a bad strategy. Much better off spreading it out and having less hats in the box. Probably going to get people mad here but that's something Mullen does really well especially on the QB power/draw plays

On one hand it is truly demoralizing to bring in the jumbo package and just pound the rock into the end zone. On the other hand, spreading defenses out causing less defenders along the line is acceptable. Hopefully Enos calls a variety of both - nothing crushes the will of a team like ramming it down their throats, even with more defensive players around the ball.

Advertisement
Few teams can use a three tight end set and have 2 downfield threats. I hope to see a lot of Eagles like plays. It is interesting the transformation the tight end has made in recent NFL offenses.

Advertisement

Yes. Last year at this time. Maybe it will be different now.

Advertisement
I do want to see Realus used this year, even in a more modern offensive scheme. I felt like we barely saw him on the field last year. I'd assume he is getting beast under Feeley as well. So let's let him go crack some skulls!

For the life of me, I don't understand why Miami fans want to take fast, skill players off the field and replace them with lumbering, blocker types. Even our tight ends (the good ones) are more receivers than blockers. Lining them all up tight and running into a crowded box is pointless.

Defenses make substitutions based on personnel packages. I'd like to see Miami break the huddle showing 22 personnel and then proceed to split both tight ends out. Make the defense sub their short yardage personnel and then force them to play in space.

Ultimately it will come dwn to the hogs in the front. I wrote awhile back the we should be able to pound it on the inside against anyone in the ACC(exception being Clemson but they did lose alot up front)especially in the coastal. A rotation of Gaynor, Donaldson, Traore, and Reed is very intriguing.

On the goal line however I would replace Irvin with Evidence and line him up wide. Evidence has the potential to be a nightmare in the redzone.
So we should be able to pound the ball with 3 guys that have barely played

Advertisement
Back