July Commitment dates

He may not come to Miami but this is not a shot at us. It’s a defense for his top 4. He’s trying to legitimize all 4, and he’s doing it defensively because he’s young.
After rereading it does seem like a kid who is just saying I want to be the first Kaden Helms not the the next Mark Andrews, Greg Olsen or Jimmy Graham

Advertisement
After rereading it does seem like a kid who is just saying I want to be the first Kaden Helms not the the next Mark Andrews, Greg Olsen or Jimmy Graham
Yeah. His delivery was awkward but I got that, too. Basically he just wants to make his own name but confused that idea with some weird, displaced analogy between athletic stereotyping and positional success.

OU feels pretty good but have also heard UNC is favored by his mother. Likely one of those two

LOL... so F the former players...

Yeah he may not want to choose Miami after that.

July 17th for Helms. Doesn’t sound like Miami based on quote

Helms has four favorites in Arizona State, North Carolina, Oklahoma and Miami. He has visited all of those programs taking officials to all but the Sun Devils in June.

“I want to go somewhere where I can make my own legacy and form my own name without the help of previous players and stereotypes formed by former players, hence why some of the schools I’m taking officials on aren’t necessarily known for being the most prestigious tight end schools but are showing me how they are presently using them and are showing me their plan for me if I were to chose their college,” Helms recently told 247Sports.
This a verbatim recruiting line from a school/coach that has not had the success UM has had. Only way they can try to steer kids away from the legacy that UM has had over the past 40 years is to try and convince them that this culture we've built is somehow a detriment to the kids future success and he needs to forge his own path. The kid does not need or want support from people who have already climbed the mountain.

If the kid bought that line, good luck to him. He is easily influenced with marginal logic.

Advertisement
Lol ***** outta here with that holier than thou mentality, kid sounds like a year 1 transfer candidate already with that attitude. He might get upset that a current player gave him pointers in practice or somethin, if the thought of going to a school with success at your position is that triggering.

Sounds like he wants to go anywhere that doesn’t have a TE tradition. I much rather see him go to OU than Carolina. Can’t see ASU or Miami unfortunately.

That quote sounds like it was fed to him on a giant spoon by Mack Brown.

Like buying the first car off the assembly line from a wheelbarrow manufacturer.

???

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back