July Commitment dates

He did say recently that he was 60/40 on announcing on July 4. I was just going with an article on 247 today which had Nelson announcing at noon. If he decided to push his announcement back, I think that's better for UM.
I think he decided to wait.

Advertisement
Struck out on Spells and Durant? Not a surprise really though I could see is getting Durant still.
These guys were both considered highly likely to end up Canes. If someone hasn’t been on the board the past 3 days it’s definitely a huge surprise we lost out on both.
Now Cull pushed back his date. Reading between the lines… Cull wants a legit Bama or UF offer and is holding out for one.

Current state of recruiting in Miami…
The wife just woke me up at 3am and said she heard something break downstairs. I’m not hitting the panic button or calling 911 yet. But I’m quickly moving downstairs with my .45 ****ed, safety off, and one in the chamber. She’s got her phone ready to press the button if anything else sounds out of the ordinary.

Advertisement
I think he decided to wait.
Screenshot_20210704-160820_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
These guys were both considered highly likely to end up Canes. If someone hasn’t been on the board the past 3 days it’s definitely a huge surprise we lost out on both.
Now Cull pushed back his date. Reading between the lines… Cull wants a legit Bama or UF offer and is holding out for one.

Current state of recruiting in Miami…
The wife just woke me up at 3am and said she heard something break downstairs. I’m not hitting the panic button or calling 911 yet. But I’m quickly moving downstairs with my .45 ****ed, safety off, and one in the chamber. She’s got her phone ready to press the button if anything else sounds out of the ordinary.
Spells? That was the opposite of a surprise. There's bigger fish than him at CB and we're only taking 2-3. The math never added up and I posted this 2-3 weeks ago. Durant was a surprise

So, we still have only 3 commitments! WTF?
A few weeks back Coonsey said in an interview this class would be small,maybe as small as 16.Most here said he was lying and would be 19-21.Seems most here are coming around and are now expecting that small class.

Advertisement
A few weeks back Coonsey said in an interview this class would be small,maybe as small as 16.Most here said he was lying and would be 19-21.Seems most here are coming around and are now expecting that small class.
The number being 16 isn't bad if the proper concentration of high end talent is acquired where we need it most: the trenches, linebacker, secondary.

Advertisement
I‘ll stick with my 18-20 number , I don’t see 16. I said that before his interview

I‘ll stick with my 18-20 number , I don’t see 16. I said that before his interview
A few weeks back I would have agreed with that.But with our situation at wr,lb,ol,TE it's looking like we may need to reach with a few guys to get there.

Spells? That was the opposite of a surprise. There's bigger fish than him at CB and we're only taking 2-3. The math never added up and I posted this 2-3 weeks ago. Durant was a surprise
Yikes if Durant was a surprise to the staff who had him penciled in.

Advertisement
Back