July Commitment dates

Advertisement
Demario Tolan commits july 8 and it’s kinda strange no one really knows where he’s going it’s either us or L$U

Advertisement
So are we hoping for 1 commit, Durant, this weekend? Sounds like we've cooled on the rest announcing this weekend or they've cooled on us.

Hoping for Durant then Tolan & Graves the following week!

So are we hoping for 1 commit, Durant, this weekend? Sounds like we've cooled on the rest announcing this weekend or they've cooled on us.

Hoping for Durant then Tolan & Graves the following week!
Would be ecstatic with that haul. Mostly because of Tolan, he is f'ing legit.

You realize there is a really good chance Durant, Graves, Cull and Richardson all commit next month and a good chance Horton, Tolan and to a lesser extent Spells commits?

How many commits do you want in a month?
I’d like to be on par with the other elite teams like Clemson, Bama, OSU, etc with at least 8-9 commits already. Anyone saying 3 commits right now is okay is lying to themselves. 2 of them didn’t get offers from LSU and they’re from LA. Another didn’t have a UGA offer and is from GA. We don’t have a commit from 1 local kid in the “State of Miami.” You think JJ or Schnelly would be okay with that right now?
The same people saying be patient are the same ones that said we’d clean up in June. It’s comical to be praising the staff at this point. Every post on here is stroking TRobs nut sack. So far we’ve gone on a ton of dates…it’s time to start closing the deal. It’s at the point where we’re likely losing a local kid who many here had as a top priority to Indiana or West Virginia.
3 commits this month ain’t gonna cut it. I’d like to see at least 5…preferably 7-8. We’ve already burned through 36 OVs. It’s too late in the game to start sending out a bunch of new offers unless we want a class full of Rumph specials. Speaking of Rumph, we’re feeling the effects of having him on the staff in the RECRUITING department.

Advertisement
I’d like to be on par with the other elite teams like Clemson, Bama, OSU, etc with at least 8-9 commits already. Anyone saying 3 commits right now is okay is lying to themselves. 2 of them didn’t get offers from LSU and they’re from LA. Another didn’t have a UGA offer and is from GA. We don’t have a commit from 1 local kid in the “State of Miami.” You think JJ or Schnelly would be okay with that right now?
The same people saying be patient are the same ones that said we’d clean up in June. It’s comical to be praising the staff at this point. Every post on here is stroking TRobs nut sack. So far we’ve gone on a ton of dates…it’s time to start closing the deal. It’s at the point where we’re likely losing a local kid who many here had as a top priority to Indiana or West Virginia.
3 commits this month ain’t gonna cut it. I’d like to see at least 5…preferably 7-8. We’ve already burned through 36 OVs. It’s too late in the game to start sending out a bunch of new offers unless we want a class full of Rumph specials. Speaking of Rumph, we’re feeling the effects of having him on the staff in the RECRUITING department.
Jacurri did have a UGA offer, they just already have a borderline 5 Star QB already committed to them in Gunner Stockton. Rogers was literally committed to LSU and then decommitted and we pulled him out of SEC territory. Ibieta worked out for LSU and they were trying to get him to hold off on committing after seeing his work out and reevaluating things on their end. Not to mention they have 3 WR committed already. Of course having more than 3 recruits right now would be great, but Manny just came out and said they are doing this by design and not pushing for commits like in years past. We have a slew of targets announcing this month and I highly doubt we leave the month without having a total of 6-8 kids committed. Some of our biggest targets are waiting until later in the fall to announce as well which is something we'll have to get used to if we want to keep going after big ticket kids.

From the tea leaves it appears we will have at least 5 announce in our favor this month, with a few unknowns where maybe 1 or 2 could announce albeit a kid like Jackson may wait till August. Not sure when Flip or Agbo will decide. This is a unique recruiting year & we have to adjust accordingly.

You okay?

This how u feelin right now huh
08C7D8B0-02D8-4054-8755-96A8F82E2B58.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Billy Crystal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Jacurri did have a UGA offer, they just already have a borderline 5 Star QB already committed to them in Gunner Stockton. Rogers was literally committed to LSU and then decommitted and we pulled him out of SEC territory. Ibieta worked out for LSU and they were trying to get him to hold off on committing after seeing his work out and reevaluating things on their end. Not to mention they have 3 WR committed already. Of course having more than 3 recruits right now would be great, but Manny just came out and said they are doing this by design and not pushing for commits like in years past. We have a slew of targets announcing this month and I highly doubt we leave the house month without having a total of 6-8 kids committed. Some of our biggest targets are waiting until later in the fall to announce as well which is something we'll have to get used to if we want to keep going after big ticket kids.
Jacurri did have a UGA offer, they just already have a borderline 5 Star QB already committed to them in Gunner Stockton. Rogers was literally committed to LSU and then decommitted and we pulled him out of SEC territory. Ibieta worked out for LSU and they were trying to get him to hold off on committing after seeing his work out and reevaluating things on their end. Not to mention they have 3 WR committed already. Of course having more than 3 recruits right now would be great, but Manny just came out and said they are doing this by design and not pushing for commits like in years past. We have a slew of targets announcing this month and I highly doubt we leave the month without having a total of 6-8 kids committed. Some of our biggest targets are waiting until later in the fall to announce as well which is something we'll have to get used to if we want to keep going after big ticket kids.
I know all this… neither Brown or Rogers had committable offers to those schools. You can believe Rogers just left. A lot like Quan Lee just left Miami. Rogers didn’t fill out like LSU thought he would have by now and the rest is what it is. I personally love the pickup for us but there’s no denying what happened.

I know all this… neither Brown or Rogers had committable offers to those schools. You can believe Rogers just left. A lot like Quan Lee just left Miami. Rogers didn’t fill out like LSU thought he would have by now and the rest is what it is. I personally love the pickup for us but there’s no denying what happened.
LSU has that luxury cuz they've been recruiting CB at an elite level the last 10 years. They can afford to drop a kid if he doesn't check every single box, we don't have that luxury, khamauri still checks a strong majority of the boxes so their loss is our gain.

Advertisement
Brown potentially I agree as he doesn’t seem to “fit” what UGA wants at QB and that is also a highly selective position. However I disagree with Rogers and LSU. Dude is a top 100 player and de committed back in December he still had another year to “fill out” maybe they cooled on him slightly or he wasn’t #1 any more but I think he could have gone there if he wanted.

Advertisement
Back