Julio Derosier update

Advertisement
So I presume you agree that Derosier is a desperate reach to fill an obvious deficiency, which is the premise of my initial comment.

I know...trust our coaches evaluations, like king, briscoe, etc.

I'm not all negative...we have a chance to outscore everyone.

Pimp, I think we all feel your frustration, but incessantly complaining and making snide jokes about it doesn't help. DT is tough to evaluate from high school to college because it requires the big body. Rare that high school kids come in ready to play from a physical standpoint. They are either heavy with bad weight of simply underweight. Either way, it takes time.

Man, DT's are like my Mary J plants. You germinate a bunch of seeds hoping to get a few good looking prospects and from there you put em under the lights and see how they do.

All you need is a few nice ones and you're sittin pretty. Patience. We have 3 good ones for this year and some prospects so I expect that both in the recent and distant future, the situation will be better.

So I presume you agree that Derosier is a desperate reach to fill an obvious deficiency, which is the premise of my initial comment.

I know coaches are supposed to be perfect.

There is an open spot, you can always show him the door if he is terrible. How does this hurt?

How do we have a deficiency in DTs? Maybe you don't know the definition of the word.

Porter, Robinson, Pierre, Moore, King and Ivery.

Then you have DL like Grimble and Hamilton.

8 scholarship players who can play DT, should we have 12 at a position where we have two on the field at once.

You may mean a lack of talent, which is a diffetent issue altogether.

Advertisement
KL,

I'm with you. I just wonder if there may be a systemic weakness (or perceived weakness) that other schools are exploiting to keep the top-shelf DT's out of Coral Gables. We're about 2.5 years into this, and Pierre appears to be the best we have attracted. With that said, maybe we've been a bit unlucky and a commit or two will bounce our way soon.

PDC, Lol at the desperate troll attempt. Glass half empty or are just a butt hurt Nole who's ****ed about not getting Mike Smith? Oh wait he's front 7 right?

There is an open spot, you can always show him the door if he is terrible. How does this hurt?

How do we have a deficiency in DTs? Maybe you don't know the definition of the word.

8 scholarship players who can play DT, should we have 12 at a position where we have two on the field at once.

The best three on that list are upperclassmen & the others have barely been here. DT is 3-4 year position, meaning they won't show sh#t until their Jr year. I.e. Pierre, who by all accounts is pushing Porter. Player development. You think all of the DT's at Bama walked in & started as Freshmen & Soph's?

The best three on that list are upperclassmen & the others have barely been here. DT is 3-4 year position, meaning they won't show sh#t until their Jr year. I.e. Pierre, who by all accounts is pushing Porter. Player development. You think all of the DT's at Bama walked in & started as Freshmen & Soph's?

logic. not seen around these parts

Advertisement
briscoe is soft. he had all the natural talent plus we wanted his boy here too. King is too early to judge. I think Pierre was a steal regardless. he is a starter and played well towards the end of year.

For the record, Bama's depth at NT is a soph. Followed by 2 Fresh., and a deficiency must not be quantitative. I realize Bama's youth at the position is unusual.

Yeah because they lost half their defense last year. Their DL will struggle this year, mark my words

Advertisement
and most of their fresh are redshirted so they have a year to grow and develop. we havent redshirted dl guys at all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back