2024 Julian Sayin 5* QB from CA

That's not entirely true. The language in a contract can be misleading. It could be worded in a way that allows the originator to cancel or void the agreement at any time for any reason.

If you've ever had a mortgage, you know you have payments for a certain amount and time. Unless you are an attorney or in the mortgage business, you know very little about all the documents you signed even though they were explained to you.

Bro, I guess u don’t know my profession, nor do I expect u too. Do u know how many attorneys are in my circle, how many sports agents? Do u know how many NIL contracts I’ve reviewed? I’ve been speaking out against this current form of NIL well b4 it became a thing for very good reason.

A lot of these NIL contracts are loaded, & filled w/ ambiguous language that allows for loop holes b/c these are booster deals. These are not NIL deals w/ companies such as Coca Cola, Card Companies, Sports Apparel, etc. The vast majority of the NIL deals discussed are from shiesty boosters pooling funds together to get player A to come to their school w/ a slew of contingencies involved.

Advertisement
Bro, I guess u don’t know my profession, nor do I expect u too. Do u know how many attorneys are in my circle, how many sports agents? Do u know how many NIL contracts I’ve reviewed? I’ve been speaking out against this current form of NIL well b4 it became a thing for very good reason.

A lot of these NIL contracts are loaded, & filled w/ ambiguous language that allows for loop holes b/c these are booster deals. These are not NIL deals w/ companies such as Coca Cola, Card Companies, Sports Apparel, etc. The vast majority of the NIL deals discussed are from shiesty boosters pooling funds together to get player A to come to their school w/ a slew of contingencies involved.
Of course I don't know your profession. What does that have to do with kids not understanding contracts? I'm not sure if your saying the same thing or opposing what I'm suggesting. The kids and their families are not NIL savvy and need help. I don't think pro athletes sign contracts without legal representation. Why should these kids?

I understand that there is a much greater likelihood of booster being shady versus a well known company. The contract with Dr. Pepper or whomever may not be in a person's best interest to sign even if it's a legit deal. It may be a bad deal such as the company having NIL ownership for the beverage industry preventing other potential sponsors or even the athlete starting his/her own beverage company. There are also college athletes that have signed away their NIL rights for peanuts that they can't profit beyond their original deal and now are well known professional athletes loosing out on millions in endorsements.

I believe all NIL contracts need at minimum a legal review so the athlete and his/her family fully understand the contract.

Last edited:

At this point in time, NIL candidates provide very little value for big companies. Only for maybe a very small handful of well established nationally prominent college players would there even be an incentive for a big company to dip their toe in this water? Don’t you think?

Advertisement
At this point in time, NIL candidates provide very little value for big companies. Only for maybe a very small handful of well established nationally prominent college players would there even be an incentive for a big company to dip their toe in this water? Don’t you think?

Not sure; haven’t seen their portfolios.

Advertisement
Back