Julian Armella

Advertisement
Both his dad and uncle played at FSU, an with his Dad trying to stir the young man's recruitment this maybe better to cut bait. This video was a year ago, but since then it seems like he is just giving Miami lip service in his recruitment as the local school.

Go Canes

I may be in the minority but tbh I think this kid is quite a bit overrated. He has a great frame but his footwork looks suspect, he got beat regularly by speed rushers & d ends with more advanced hand usage. He's definitely a take but he's not an all world type of prospect IMO.
Ehhh, that's debatable. (the overrated label)
I have seen him get absolutely raped by legit DE's in camp settings. So what you say has some truth.

He's still a take ALL DAY though.
I coached against him and you can't teach his size, frame or tenacity.

Ehhh, that's debatable. (the overrated label)
I have seen him get absolutely raped by legit DE's in camp settings. So what you say has some truth.

He's still a take ALL DAY though.
I coached against him and you can't teach his size, frame or tenacity.
Oh, I'd definitely take him 4 sure, I was just surprised how he performed against those pass rushers as you said. He'll get better.

Advertisement
New update from the 247 FSU site, so TIFWIW....but not much of a mention of Miami, other than he said he's not sure where he's going on June 1. It's either Miami or FSU, but he's not sure right now.

He's taking an official to LSU on 6/5 and one to Bama the weekend after that. He's also trying to plan an Ohio State OV, but no date yet. Says his top 7 are those 3, Miami, FSU, Clemson and the gator (no order, of course).

Says he "can't emphasize enough" how good of a relationship he has with Bama and LSU staff, and throws Atkins at FSU in there as well. No mention of any Miami coaches, but again it is an FSU site so who knows?

So we're in a 7 way battle with Ohio State, LSU, Bama, and Clemson along with the state schools. Better start leaning on this kid HARD. Would be really big to get him on campus for the cookout before he spends the next 2 weeks in $EC land.

New update from the 247 FSU site, so TIFWIW....but not much of a mention of Miami, other than he said he's not sure where he's going on June 1. It's either Miami or FSU, but he's not sure right now.

He's taking an official to LSU on 6/5 and one to Bama the weekend after that. He's also trying to plan an Ohio State OV, but no date yet. Says his top 7 are those 3, Miami, FSU, Clemson and the gator (no order, of course).

Says he "can't emphasize enough" how good of a relationship he has with Bama and LSU staff, and throws Atkins at FSU in there as well. No mention of any Miami coaches, but again it is an FSU site so who knows?

So we're in a 7 way battle with Ohio State, LSU, Bama, and Clemson along with the state schools. Better start leaning on this kid HARD. Would be really big to get him on campus for the cookout before he spends the next 2 weeks in $EC land.
Feels like FSU or OOS. Wherever his dad pushes him... which won't be us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Xavier Restrepo says hi.

How exactly did he benefit from going to Deerfield Beach?
  • The team he left went 15-0 and won a state championship
  • The team he went to lost in the same playoff round that it did the year before
  • He left ostensibly to graduate early and get a head start on his college career but COVID-19 cancelled spring practice and all summer activities which contributed to his invisible freshman year
He objectively got zero benefit from going to Deerfield Beach.

Advertisement
How exactly did he benefit from going to Deerfield Beach?
  • The team he left went 15-0 and won a state championship
  • The team he went to lost in the same playoff round that it did the year before
  • He left ostensibly to graduate early and get a head start on his college career but COVID-19 cancelled spring practice and all summer activities which contributed to his invisible freshman year
He objectively got zero benefit from going to Deerfield Beach.
He benefited from going to Deerfield Beach because he was able to graduate in December and enroll at UM early. If he stayed at STA he wouldn't have been able to be an EE.

He benefited from going to Deerfield Beach because he was able to graduate in December and enroll at UM early. If he stayed at STA he wouldn't have been able to be an EE.
I addressed that in case you didn't bother to read.

He got zero benefit from graduating early since he didn't get any spring practice or summer workouts.

I addressed that in case you didn't bother to read.

He got zero benefit from graduating early since he didn't get any spring practice or summer workouts.
I didn't read that far, my mistake. He is a bright kid and should have been able to foresee the Covid-19 pandemic prior to deciding to transfer from STA to Deerfield Beach HS in the spring of 2019.

One other benefit was that he played for Coach Macho.

Advertisement
Back