Julian Armella

Advertisement
Advertisement
For real.
I've coached against both. Columbus' offense was way better overall than STA's. Their O-line was tougher for sure.
They have gone thru a few OL coaches in Harriot's years there. At one point the OG Jay Connolly came back and coached the OL but I believe he retired for good. Not sure who is there this year but there was a change.

They have gone thru a few OL coaches in Harriot's years there. At one point the OG Jay Connolly came back and coached the OL but I believe he retired for good. Not sure who is there this year but there was a change.
They had/have Torrian Wilson. I know he got in soem recruiting trouble a year ago...not sure if he was still there

But he literally trains UM offensive lineman in the offseason

Advertisement
They had/have Torrian Wilson. I know he got in soem recruiting trouble a year ago...not sure if he was still there

But he literally trains UM offensive lineman in the offseason
Yeah but I don’t believe he’s there anymore.

I was listening to the podcast and Dmoney and Stefan were talking about Armella dropping off before bouncing back last season. It reminded me of seeing Marcus state the off-season after his sophomore season. It was a 7v7 tryout, I think SFE, and they had a big man competition. Tate was being beat by real nobody defensive ends because his feet really couldn’t keep up. I guess the moral of the story is sometimes these big guys take a while to catch up to their body. Don’t make a final judgment too early.

I was listening to the podcast and Dmoney and Stefan were talking about Armella dropping off before bouncing back last season. It reminded me of seeing Marcus state the off-season after his sophomore season. It was a 7v7 tryout, I think SFE, and they had a big man competition. Tate was being beat by real nobody defensive ends because his feet really couldn’t keep up. I guess the moral of the story is sometimes these big guys take a while to catch up to their body. Don’t make a final judgment too early.
But if their knees touch like Lucas run for the hills

Advertisement
@gogeta4 @Coach Macho Curious, what is the perception concerning how Columbus compares in terms of resources to STA and the other schools in South Florida? Columbus has put in a lot of money over the last several years into the school, the facilities, the gym, etc. It wasn't like that when I was there but the changes in the last decade or so have been dramatic.

@gogeta4 @Coach Macho Curious, what is the perception concerning how Columbus compares in terms of resources to STA and the other schools in South Florida? Columbus has put in a lot of money over the last several years into the school, the facilities, the gym, etc. It wasn't like that when I was there but the changes in the last decade or so have been dramatic.
I don't know much about the resources, but considering their cult-like fan base, I wouldn't doubt it if their resources were outstanding. Columbus people seem to be "all in" for their program. For Christ's sake, every time we play them they have 300 people on their sideline.

Advertisement
They can be one of the best in the state and still be a downgrade from STA

Both can be true but if you say they are on par with STA I’m probably wrong then
Columbus hasn't scored more points than STA in a decade. And that was the worst offense maybe in recent STA history.

The kid will be fine at Columbus for sure but no decent kid leaves STA and is better off.

The only two schools in the Archdiocese that operate in the black: STA and Columbus.

Bot big schools with good administrations and involved alumni bases.

Advertisement
Back