Julian Armella Class of 2022

Advertisement
Ummmm hmmmm!
Bigger athletically(whether it's from SPORTS, pole dancing, working on the farm, etc) built Women have a higher probability of producing athletic linemen.

a65fbfd54bb5ae365748552ec4128e39.jpg

516c92c8263f9eaebc7d9b5fc5f2224e.jpg

Go Canes

Paranos is right.

These poor babies get stuck in the womb for, like, 15 or 16 months, they have to build up massive in-utero strength to be able to push those enormous thighs aside and come into the world.

Future football players, for sure.

New Wiltfong article today. Look, the bottom line is, we can talk Manny and Baker and scheme and who calls the plays and blah blah blah. Yes, it’s important, but recruiting is the absolute lifeblood of a program. So of course this is on the coaches as well, but there needs to be about 90% less posts on who calls plays and 90% more posts about this. This kid is how you win. You wanna compete with Clemson and Bama, etc? Sign this kid and those like him. In college football, there’s a reason why the same teams win every year, and it’s not because of who coaches their outside linebackers. This is how you win. Get this kid at all costs.

Chicken vs. egg, walking in a vicious cycle, IMO. Winning leads to better recruiting, which leads to more winning, which leads to even better recruiting. Sure. But if we all agree that it's having good recruits that makes the most impact in determining who wins, then how do we win without these types of elite recruits? It's a bit of a conundrum.

That said, if we did a better job getting the most out of the kids we managed to recruit, and put them into complementary schemes on both sides of the ball, we'd win more (which could start the avalanche in our favor). My $.02.

Historically, we've done well at Columbus. Deon Bush, Bandy, Ryan Rodriguez, Jabari Ishmael, Elijah Roberts, etc. Columbus isn't as wealthy as Gulliver, Ransom, Heritage, STA where a lot of the graduates have the ability and means to go all over the country for school. The fact that a lot of his classmates will stay local should bode well for us.

Chicken vs. egg, walking in a vicious cycle, IMO. Winning leads to better recruiting, which leads to more winning, which leads to even better recruiting. Sure. But if we all agree that it's having good recruits that makes the most impact in determining who wins, then how do we win without these types of elite recruits? It's a bit of a conundrum.

That said, if we did a better job getting the most out of the kids we managed to recruit, and put them into complementary schemes on both sides of the ball, we'd win more (which could start the avalanche in our favor). My $.02.

That $0.02 is worth a lot more than that because you're 1000% correct, and it's a conversation we've had on this board forever. We've been stuck in your conundrum for 15 years. But you start to pull yourself out of these types of situations by hiring elite recruiters. Just as there are football coaches who are better than others, there are recruiters who are better than others. Firing people like Mike Rumph and hiring people like T-Rob is a step in the right direction.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know Jon was your kid (coached him that is) and you got him and Miami connected.

We could be so lucky to land a kid that plays like him out of our backyard. IIRC Jon played every position on our OL at some point in time during his career and he was above average to almost really good everywhere on the OL. IMO his best work was as a frosh at RT
He actually volunteered for that spot.
They were having a hard time finding a RELIABLE Right Tackle at the time and Feliciano said "let me do it."

He's played Center and Guard in the NFL depending on team needs.

I'd kill to have that unit with him, Linder and McDermott right now.

Dad is fsu alumni...if we lose him to them i kinda get it.

If he is open to everyone else we should be all over and he should be top prority by multiple staff members Manny included

I though he was having problems with dad, which is why he moved in with Mom (in Coral Gables) and as it Columbus, because dad wanted to him STA ( i believe it was last year). So I am thinking dad's influence is waning fast.

Go Canes

He actually volunteered for that spot.
They were having a hard time finding a RELIABLE Right Tackle at the time and Feliciano said "let me do it."

He's played Center and Guard in the NFL depending on team needs.

I'd kill to have that unit with him, Linder and McDermott right now.
One of the biggest shames of the last 18 years, and there have been many, was letting that year’s OL go to waste.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back