Judge throws out evidence against Cook

SpikeUM

Head Meshuggah
Premium
Florida State football: Dalvin Cook trial has no new evidence - College Football - SI.com

A Leon County, Fla., judge has decided prosecutors will not be able to present new evidence against suspended Florida State running back Dalvin Cook at his trial Monday for a misdemeanor battery charge, reports Safid Deen of the Tallahassee Democrat.

Cook was suspended indefinitely by FSU last month after reports emerged he would be served an arrest warrant for punching a woman outside a Tallahassee bar in June. Cook denies the charges and says he left the area before the argument between other Florida State football players and the woman escalated.

On Friday, four men and two women were selected as jurors for Cook’s trial, which is set to begin Monday. The Tallahassee state attorney’s office tried to introduce screenshots of posts from a fake Twitter account, Cook’s juvenile records and business records as evidence, but those items will not be included in testimony.

Florida State players Deondre Francois​, Da’Vante Phillips and Travis Rudolph may testify in the case.

Cook led FSU with 1,008 rushing yards as a freshman in 2014. He has not participated in any team activities since his suspension following the arrest.

Florida State opens the season Sept. 5 against Texas State. Cook’s lawyer believes the trial will be over by Tuesday.

- Christopher Chavez

Advertisement
Just wanted to get out of practice in that Tally weather...Judge has season tickets in the VIP section...

What say the lawyers here?

There's no real details but it looks like the prosecutors tried to introduce a bunch of evidence after they were supposed to have turned everything over to the defense. Typical.

Advertisement
There are FSU fans on the jury, he is going to be acquitted for sure. It doesn't matter what evidence they have against him.

The judge is a graduate from FSU, the six jurors are from Trailerhassee. Do you expect a fair trail? lol....

Advertisement
Not a chance he gets charged with anything. I could see the woman getting jail time for making a false statement before I would believe a jury up there would convict him of anything.

image.jpg

Advertisement
The day an FSU football player is convicted of anything that town, I'll be shocked. It's as bad as it's ever been there, these days, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Clearly an FSU player punched this woman in the face repeatedly, unprovoked and completely inexcusably. But, since they don't have it on tape, no one can say WHICH player is guilty. So they all walk .... and their fans claim the victim is chasing $$. Guess she punched herself in the face in the hopes of an undersized RB making it to the NFL 3 years from now on a rookie contract, so she can sue and get 50k. Sounds logical to me.

If Cook gets dismissed from FSU, is there any way Miami would honor his financial aid agreement? He may be interested now...

The judge is a graduate from FSU, the six jurors are from Trailerhassee. Do you expect a fair trail? lol....

A fair trial for Cook? Yea. A fair trial for the victim? **** no! Tallahassee gon Tallahassee!

Advertisement
Cooks punishment will be to miss the opening offensive series of each game for the entire year. FSU will make an example out of him.

Advertisement
Back