JUCO DT List

Advertisement
Need to make sure Willis comes back. Bethel, Ford, Willis, Silvera and Briggs is a good core group. Definitely need to add a Juco to the rotation as well unless Norton or McIntosh shock us and return.

I have a hard time believing both Norton and RJ would leave after this year. If I had to pick I would bet it's RJ that would be able to leave.

we still need a juco dt regardless. Im not counting Willis as a guy in the rotation. We need a talent upgrade in our depth...we have current guys like Tyriec Martin and Ryan Fines who likely cant even steal 10 snaps a game right now. Fines being close though as a 1 tech

we still need a juco dt regardless. Im not counting Willis as a guy in the rotation. We need a talent upgrade in our depth...we have current guys like Tyriec Martin and Ryan Fines who likely cant even steal 10 snaps a game right now. Fines being close though as a 1 tech

Fines oughta catch on with a 3-4 Group of 5 program as a grad transfer.

*cough* Houston *cough*

Advertisement

*cough* Houston *cough*

I know he sucks but we still need bodies next year. If Willis, Norton, and Mcintosh leave we're in deep ****.

I have a hard time believing both Norton and RJ would leave after this year. If I had to pick I would bet it's RJ that would be able to leave.

RJ is probably gone but there's no way Norton leaves , it would be foolish. He disappears games at a time. He's not ready.

But then again that's never stopped kids before.

Last edited:

*cough* Houston *cough*

I know he sucks but we still need bodies next year. If Willis, Norton, and Mcintosh leave we're in deep ****.

Willis isn't going anywhere

Too soon to say that Fines sucks. He's still developing into a proper NG. But you also can't count on him yet.

Cribby, I agree. Norton should not lead based on his body of work. But at this time last year, no one expected Njoku to leave either, much less be a first round draft choice. He may still break out in ACC and bowl games. You know both want to go early if they grade out high enough, so have to hope they play exceptionally well for us without hitting the NFL's top 10 by position lists.

Advertisement

RJ is probably gone but there's no way Norton leaves , it would be foolish. He disappears games at a time. He's not ready.

But then again that's never stopped kids before.

To be fair Norton frees up RJ to make plays and Norton makes his fair share as well playing that position shade 1 tech does all the grunt work

Nesta has day one rotation talent. Ford will have another year in the S&C. The more I think about it D.J. being a DT doesn't seem to far fetch because Garvin is for sure our starting DE opposite of JJ next year.

Nesta has day one rotation talent. Ford will have another year in the S&C. The more I think about it D.J. being a DT doesn't seem to far fetch because Garvin is for sure our starting DE opposite of JJ next year.

Garvin will rotate with Jackson and the other side will Jackson and Johnson. DJ is a perfect fit to takeover the role that Chad Thomas plays now.

Advertisement
UM needs to stay away from the JUCO NT/DT's, they could be a 1 and done deal especially on the dline with the system Miami runs an then we are scrambling again big time in 2019.

There are plenty of DT/NT prep players available that Miami should be and is in the Top 5 discussion to land their signature.

Go Canes

Not sure we need a judo dt tbh
If we close on silvera and Briggs and add a guy like Trevor trout/tyler Friday or someone else we are more than fine

Next year we will have
Junior Patrick bethel
Redshirt junior Gerald Willis
Sophmore jon ford
Freshman nesta silvera
Freshman Dennis Briggs
Freshman(whoever else we land)
Djack has been playing some inside as well this year
If you can convince one of our starting dts to stay then we are more than fine
Senior Ryan fines
Redshirt sophmore tyreic martin

I am all about developing players but fines need to move on as grade transfer to a program that runs a 3-4 and Tyreic I like his effort but needs to look for a group of landing spot.

Miami needs to add two more 300lbers that can run in addition to Briggs for the 2018 class. I will drop a few names later I like for our system.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Not sure we need a judo dt tbh
If we close on silvera and Briggs and add a guy like Trevor trout/tyler Friday or someone else we are more than fine

Next year we will have
Junior Patrick bethel
Redshirt junior Gerald Willis
Sophmore jon ford
Freshman nesta silvera
Freshman Dennis Briggs
Freshman(whoever else we land)
Djack has been playing some inside as well this year
If you can convince one of our starting dts to stay then we are more than fine
Senior Ryan fines
Redshirt sophmore tyreic martin

"If" being the key word here.

Miami needs to kick the tires on the possibility of flipping 2018 DT Calvin Avery , who wants out of Texas apparently. He would be a very nice pick up along with adding Trevor Trout to pair with Nesta Silvera. Would give Miami an insane NT rotation.

[video=youtube_share;g3WwJLgbct0]https://youtu.be/g3WwJLgbct0[/video]

Advertisement
Back