Joyner’s position

Canesfan0024

Recruit
Banned
I’m confused why he was sold on being the only linebacker in his class then being moved to DE. DE is was stacked last year and even moreso this year going into next. Why didn’t they just leave him at LB. He looks like he has great instincts but looks huge out there and will have problems in coverage. Hopefully they leave him there and he leans out over the summer.

Advertisement
I always thought he should be a LB. I think that’s the position that he has the highest ceiling. Putting him at DE, limits him since he’s like 6’2 and 225. Make him a permanent LB, he’s physically ready now.

I’m confused why he was sold on being the only linebacker in his class then being moved to DE. DE is was stacked last year and even moreso this year going into next. Why didn’t they just leave him at LB. He looks like he has great instincts but looks huge out there and will have problems in coverage. Hopefully they leave him there and he leans out over the summer.
Because he was a bit of a tweener coming out of HS... 6'2" / 205. He looked good to me... We really need a backup for Shaq and maybe we found it!

We have a very creative staff. Very smart to have multiple dudes take snaps at center for Murphy’s law scenarios. Having a dude that’s gifted is a plus and you want him used to playing both. I’m sure he’ll end up at lb and a **** good one at that.

Advertisement
Diaz has mentioned in 2 interviews recently that Joyner was recruited for both - LB and DE - and that they still see him at this point as someone who could play either.

Apparently this was one of the selling points for him.

Advertisement
Diaz has mentioned in 2 interviews recently that Joyner was recruited for both - LB and DE - and that they still see him at this point as someone who could play either.

Apparently this was one of the selling points for him.

Sure, except you have to have much different skill-sets and body types to play each position in an even front defense. Do you see Mike Pinckney or Shaq Quarterman spelling one of the defensive ends? Why didn’t we see Joe Jackson playing the Will last year?

If they pick one position for the kid and he attacks it, maybe he can be a player. Unfortunately, he was a tweener when he was recruited, and he’s a tweener 2 years later. I hope he proves me wrong but I don’t see this kid ever being an impact player here.

Sure, except you have to have much different skill-sets and body types to play each position in an even front defense. Do you see Mike Pinckney or Shaq Quarterman spelling one of the defensive ends? Why didn’t we see Joe Jackson playing the Will last year?

If they pick one position for the kid and he attacks it, maybe he can be a player. Unfortunately, he was a tweener when he was recruited, and he’s a tweener 2 years later. I hope he proves me wrong but I don’t see this kid ever being an impact player here.

“Jack of all trades, master of none.”

Joyner is going to be another in a long list of players that’s written off after a year or so and still emerges as an important contributor.

Advertisement
Joyner is going to be another in a long list of players that’s written off after a year or so and still emerges as an important contributor.
I haven’t seen anyone write him off. He redshirted and everyone knows he has a ton of talent including myself.

6'2 225 is not huge at linebacker.
He looks good there. Probably have to work on coverage skills.

Advertisement
He immediately stood out once he stepped on the field yesterday.

He looked good. Physical at POA & passionate. Mallory & throw were just better.

I hope he stays at MLB.

Advertisement
Back