2022 Joshua Conerly Jr, 5 ⭐️ OL, class of 2022 offered

If something cost $17.03 and I give the person $20.03 it’s like I have just asked for said person to solve an enigma wrapped in a riddle. And then I get back bills, change, bitcoin and gold…
Man, where do you shop? Bitcoin and gold lol. I've had to tell the clerk what the price is with 30% off before...good thing I'm honest

Advertisement
The Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2022 might not be quite done.

Well, at least that’s what the Canes hope.

2022 Seattle (Wash.) Rainier Beach High School 5-star OT

Josh Conerly, Jr. put off signing in February so he can take visits to Oregon and USC this month.

CaneSport spoke with Conerly’s father, Josh Sr., for the latest on the thinking with the high priority lineman.
“We will be on two more officials - Oregon March 11-13 and then USC the 25th to 27th,” Josh, Sr. said. “There’s not an exact date he’ll announce, but I’d say before April.”
In other words, soon after that USC visit.
And while there’s some recent speculation that USC might be the team to beat, dad says that’s not the case. After these final two visits the family will sit down, Josh Jr. will go over the pros and cons of each and make a decision.
icons_rivalsdatabase_modal_icon-7f81eaad159f68dda2a1cb9e46f24b8969cc8ace21937f305991261fc7959215.svg

moqsviddtfa8bjhwozhn

NATL
ST
POS
JOSH
CONERLY JR.

UNDECIDED
6'6" | 275 LBS | OT | 2022
RAINIER BEACH
SEATTLE, WA

“All five that he took officials to (including Miami, Michigan and Oklahoma) are in it,” dad said, adding of UM that “Miami’s still pretty high. Joshua speaks highly of the visit, really had a great time with the relationships he has with (Mario) Cristobal and (Alex) Mirabal and the addition of (Josh) Gattis coming in. It’s positives all the way around.”
Josh, Sr., says Cane coaches are in a group chat with the family and that “It’s been consistent, a daily thing.”
“It’s Cristobal, Mirabal, Gattis - we have a pretty good relationship with Gattis from him being at Michigan. He’s pretty excited and fired up about the opportunity at Miami,” dad said. “We got to know him pretty well. Joshua was in contact with coach Gattis quite a bit being the offensive coordinator at Michigan and just with how much they did put into their line there. He’s a good guy.”
CaneSport’s take
Miami’s still very much in this but has to weather these last two visits. We also asked dad if he’d be surprised if the Canes wind up the pick in the end. “I mean, I wouldn’t, but I put this all in Joshua’s hands,” Josh, Sr., said. “I told him this is all about you, your life and we’ll be there to support you. When we talk he’s sort of quiet, but I think this will be 100 percent his decision. I know Miami’s across the country, but I’ve spent a lot of time with him and I’ll trust him no matter where he goes. He'll be okay in Miami if he chooses to go there.”

Josh Conerly, Jr. put off signing in February so he can take visits to Oregon and USC this month.

CaneSport spoke with Conerly’s father, Josh Sr., for the latest on the thinking with the high priority lineman.
“We will be on two more officials - Oregon March 11-13 and then USC the 25th to 27th,” Josh, Sr. said. “There’s not an exact date he’ll announce, but I’d say before April.”
And while there’s some recent speculation that USC might be the team to beat, dad says that’s not the case. After these final two visits the family will sit down, Josh Jr. will go over the pros and cons of each and make a decision.
icons_rivalsdatabase_modal_icon-7f81eaad159f68dda2a1cb9e46f24b8969cc8ace21937f305991261fc7959215.svg

moqsviddtfa8bjhwozhn

NATL
ST
POS
JOSH
CONERLY JR.

UNDECIDED
RAINIER BEACH
SEATTLE, WA

“All five that he took officials to (including Miami, Michigan and Oklahoma) are in it,” dad said, adding of UM that “Miami’s still pretty high. Joshua speaks highly of the visit, really had a great time with the relationships he has with (Mario) Cristobal and (Alex) Mirabal and the addition of (Josh) Gattis coming in. It’s positives all the way around.”
Josh, Sr., says Cane coaches are in a group chat with the family and that “It’s been consistent, a daily thing.”
“It’s Cristobal, Mirabal, Gattis - we have a pretty good relationship with Gattis from him being at Michigan. He’s pretty excited and fired up about the opportunity at Miami,” dad said. “We got to know him pretty well. Joshua was in contact with coach Gattis quite a bit being the offensive coordinator at Michigan and just with how much they did put into their line there. He’s a good guy.”
CaneSport’s take
Miami’s still very much in this but has to weather these last two visits. We also asked dad if he’d be surprised if the Canes wind up the pick in the end. “I mean, I wouldn’t, but I put this all in Joshua’s hands,” Josh, Sr., said. “I told him this is all about you, your life and we’ll be there to support you. When we talk he’s sort of quiet, but I think this will be 100 percent his decision. I know Miami’s across the country, but I’ve spent a lot of time with him and I’ll trust him no matter where he goes. He'll be okay in Miami if he chooses to go there.”
prayer GIF

Advertisement
Negative…. I think the world of Wes but we need a stop gap Mike LB this year
I agree. I think we're mike LB away from being a serious playoff threat this year. I have no illusions about being on the same level as Bama and UGA, but we can hang with just about anyone else if we get the mike. That said, Connerly would be a huge get for the Canes. Not holding my breath.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree. I think we're mike LB away from being a serious playoff threat this year. I have no illusions about being on the same level as Bama and UGA, but we can hang with just about anyone else if we get the mike. That said, Connerly would be a huge get for the Canes. Not holding my breath.
Bama and UGA would still bully us in the trenches, we aren’t close to a playoff team yet. I see acc championship game tho

Advertisement

moqsviddtfa8bjhwozhn

NATL
ST
POS
JOSH
CONERLY JR.

UNDECIDED
RAINIER BEACH
SEATTLE, WA

CaneSport’s take
Props to Dad for handling this the right way. Not too confident here but I'm not ever counting Mario out.

Advertisement
Washington is the potential UOV
Correct. He has never shyed about Washington being the UOV. Looks like a courtesy to me. If we had a local stud who took all 5 OVS to Michigan, USC, Oregon, Oklahoma and Clemson, but then took a UOV here, this board would have simply moved on.

Advertisement
Back