2022 Joshua Conerly Jr, 5 ⭐️ OL, class of 2022 offered

That's good. Still an awfully high bar to expect this kid to start or even play significant PT. IME of watching CFB, having a true freshman start at a major P5 is rare unless they are exceptionally physically ready. But, I'd have to see the kid more to assess. Weight is part of the story. Is he strong? Is he top heavy? etc etc
All fair points. I have no idea what he can do, but I bet if he's 1/2 of what they claim, he can get some snaps on our 2-deep. Even if he plays this season at around 285-295.

Advertisement
That's good. Still an awfully high bar to expect this kid to start or even play significant PT. IME of watching CFB, having a true freshman start at a major P5 is rare unless they are exceptionally physically ready. But, I'd have to see the kid more to assess. Weight is part of the story. Is he strong? Is he top heavy? etc etc
Very rare that high school lineman maintain same weight in college. He can easily get to 300 in a college program. Idc about weight if he is better than the bums we have put him in.

Fluid athlete for a big boy. Not stiff at all. Quick feet and good length. He needs to get stronger and add 30-40lbs of muscle bulk. He has a bit of a nasty streak. He's not a day one starter but by year two it would be hard to keep him off the field. Equally good at run blocking and pass protection.

Advertisement

Is he committed to us?

As a very young child, I watched Star Blazers while eating breakfast. It was on in S Florida at 6:30am. I remember watching season 2 and getting to the penultimate episode which ended in an unbelievable cliffhanger. Somehow I missed the final episode, and then that same station pulled Star Blazers.

I had to wait 23 years to see how the episode concluded!
If it’s on any of the subscription services let me know please!!! I’d love that walk of nostalgia

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I think we've got a real good shot at Conerly. No reason other than some tea leaves
I Hope So Breakfast Club GIF

Advertisement
Back