Josh Witt Sr. Highlight Film

Advertisement
Wow his senior tape looks a lot better than the previous one. Definitely looks like a player.

Hopefully this is emblematic of Golden's evaluation skills.

He probably has a better burst and looser hips than some of our current Safeties.

He has a lot of nice attributes to work with...

...would be interested to see him worked in as a Strong Side Backer. If we move to a 3-4 at times, he's the ideal ILB.

If he's the ideal LB in a 3-4 why wouldn't he work at MLB in a 4-3?
Two diff types of LBs

He plays the same position in HS that Jordan Futch played (Same coach). However, Futch only made plays rushing the QB and unblocked. This kid plays in space much better and has good instincts. Essentially, I see him becoming everything we thought Futch would be.

Advertisement
I like what I saw, specially his speed and decisiveness, but am I the only one that thinks he needs to put on some serious weight to play MLB?

Don't get me wrong, I really like the pick up, but he needs some size before he can be a legit contributer for the U...

Kid plays with a mean streak looking to take people's heads off. I like that. I think he's gonna end up being a good pick up or us.

Advertisement
Get him living in the weight room for the next couple of years and we could have a beast on our hands.

I like what I saw, specially his speed and decisiveness, but am I the only one that thinks he needs to put on some serious weight to play MLB?

Don't get me wrong, I really like the pick up, but he needs some size before he can be a legit contributer for the U...

He won't be playing MLB, he'll be playing OLB. Just picture a lineup with Perryman, Kirby, Witt. Figure Perryman will be about 230-235, Kirby about 240-245 and Witt around 240-245 and that's a pretty big and pretty solid linebacker crew. I'm excited about the future with them.

He won't be playing MLB, he'll be playing OLB. Just picture a lineup with Perryman, Kirby, Witt. Figure Perryman will be about 230-235, Kirby about 240-245 and Witt around 240-245 and that's a pretty big and pretty solid linebacker crew. I'm excited about the future with them.

I imagining that same but with Reggie Nothrup in the middle... Either way, it looks like we are on the right path..

Advertisement
He plays the same position in HS that Jordan Futch played (Same coach). However, Futch only made plays rushing the QB and unblocked. This kid plays in space much better and has good instincts. Essentially, I see him becoming everything we thought Futch would be.

I hope you are right because I had some pretty high hopes for Futch.

Great lunch-pail type linebacker. Love his motor and how he doesn't give up until the whistle blows. I think he is actually bigger than he looks, too.

Seems like swagger gets you more stars than being a true blue-collar guy. A couple camps most likely woulda helped his recruitment too.

Advertisement
The thing that stands out to me the most is his ability to diagnose plays quickly. We need guys like that. I like his future

Kid's the perfect recruiting formula. Born in Florida, sent over to Texas to get a little football sizzle, then move back to Florida just in time to commit to the U. I like it.

Advertisement
Back