Josh Priebe (Offer) 2020 OT Michigan

AllAboutTheU

Junior
Premium

Like the frame on these kids that Berry is offering.

6'5, 265 and a powerlifter. Michigan State offer, but probably a tough pull from Southwest Michigan. The board will definitely be much more expansive than under these past OL coaches.

Kid plays with a nasty *** streak on film. Pulls out and gets to the 2nd level with ease.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There were tons of early and out of state offers last couple years under prev staff. That whole interpretation is a farce...if you’d go back a year on this message board you would be suprised at how many OOS kids LCE and others reported over and over again from jan to june

Problem imo was not expanding board by early summer and believing kids were coming in

Last edited:
3rd guy we offered from Michigan in 2 days. Offered another 2020 OT and a Top100 2021 RB yesterday.

Advertisement
3rd guy we offered from Michigan in 2 days. Offered another 2020 OT and a Top100 2021 RB yesterday.
I was going to post on the RB Donovan Edwards, but I couldn't find any of his stats & he seems to be a Michigan/Mich St/ Notre Dame lean.

There were tons of early and out of state offers last couple years under prev staff. That whole interpretation is a farce...if you’d go back a year on this message board you would be suprised at how many OOS kids LCE and others reported over and over again from jan to june

Problem imo was not expanding board bu early summer and believing kids were coming in
For Oline offers, simply not true. We threw our hat in the ring for a number of national prospects like Wanya Morris, Pierce Quick, Quinn Carroll, Stacy Wilkins, Warren McClendon and Darnell Wright. Guys that we likely had no shot at. Barry and Enos have deep Michigan ties, having coached there. Not the same in the least bit as throwing an offer behind a 4/5 star national name from Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, etc. And some of the 3 star guys were offers that went out when we started scrambling later.

You can look at the offers are the link below.

https://247sports.com/college/miami/Season/2019-Football/Offers/

For Oline offers, simply not true. We threw our hat in the ring for a number of national prospects like Wanya Morris, Pierce Quick, Quinn Carroll, Stacy Wilkins, Warren McClendon and Darnell Wright. Guys that we likely had no shot at. Barry and Enos have deep Michigan ties, having coached there. Not the same in the least bit as throwing an offer behind a 4/5 star national name from Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, etc. And some of the 3 star guys were offers that went out when we started scrambling later.

That offers link means nothing. It is not accurate... if it was Kenny Logan, Ashton Pierre, would all be Canes. And Searles (who I’m not defending) was offering nationally and places he had ties (which were many) and Richt had ties

Advertisement

Yes, but look at the OL coach and OL game plan...hopefully that changes some now.

That offers link means nothing. It is not accurate... if it was Kenny Logan, Ashton Pierre, would all be Canes. And Searles (who I’m not defending) was offering nationally and places he had ties (which were many) and Richt had ties
Comparing local backup plans at DB to the national offers on oline that I'm referring to? Clearly offers differ between commitable versus not committable are a thing. Point remains. Most of the oline offers that went out early were for nationally sought after recruits. Barry and Enos specifically have deep Michigan ties. Not even saying that its certain that they'll land any of these guys, but I much rather prefer this method than just tagging every big name national OL with an offer. The guys I listed in a last post we didn't even stand a chance with. Think we got Neal and maybe Wilkins on campus out of all of those kids?

Comparing local backup plans at DB to the national offers on oline that I'm referring to? Clearly offers differ between commitable versus not committable are a thing. Point remains. Most of the oline offers that went out early were for nationally sought after recruits. Barry and Enos specifically have deep Michigan ties. Not even saying that its certain that they'll land any of these guys, but I much rather prefer this method than just tagging every big name national OL with an offer. The guys I listed in a last post we didn't even stand a chance with. Think we got Neal and maybe Wilkins on campus out of all of those kids?

We’ll just agree to disagree. There were midwest offers too and offers places Searles had ties too. And also there have been and will be more than just the michigan kids

Not disagreeing he has Mich ties obv...But Searles and Richt had ties too. It will be a combo of both as it was with them

When that happens it might mean we have a coach traveling up there right now and going to different schools and evaluating by looking at film, talking to the coaches, etc.

Advertisement
When that happens it might mean we have a coach traveling up there right now and going to different schools and evaluating by looking at film, talking to the coaches, etc.
We do...Butch Barry is up there right now.

We’ll just agree to disagree. There were midwest offers too and offers places Searles had ties too. And also there have been and will be more than just the michigan kids

Not disagreeing he has Mich ties obv...But Searles and Richt had ties too. It will be a combo of both as it was with them
Yea, but the only kids he landed OOS were backup plans or lower rated kids. It probably is a bit of overrating the new guys just because of the unknown on my behalf. I'm willing to admit that as well. But the fact of the matter is that Searels only signed 3 4-star recruits during his time here, and two were Navaughn and Scaife, who would've come here regardless. Credit to him for the work put in on Cleve Reed and John Campbell, but those are in-state kids too. We reaped the benefits of his OOS connections mostly on backup plans.

Yea, but the only kids he landed OOS were backup plans or lower rated kids. It probably is a bit of overrating the new guys just because of the unknown on my behalf. I'm willing to admit that as well. But the fact of the matter is that Searels only signed 3 4-star recruits during his time here, and two were Navaughn and Scaife, who would've come here regardless. Credit to him for the work put in on Cleve Reed and John Campbell, but those are in-state kids too. We reaped the benefits of his OOS connections mostly on backup plans.

Fair observations, i just think we all tend to say “look at the new staff it’s automatically doing things much more intelligently then a$$head old staff”. Trust me we were excited with the old one and there were many of OOS offers posted

But we shall see. I wouldn’t be suprised if Diaz and Enos have a better process ready to go.

Advertisement
What do we (i.e. the coaches) need to do (other than winning more games on a regular basis) to start landing top level OTs & DTs on a consistent basis?

Advertisement
Back