2025 Josh Petty 5* OT from Roswell, GA

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know reports are that he grew up a Vols fan, curious if that helps us here but I know OL is a speciality of Mario’s so I assume you guys are going to be in almost every big OL battle.

Are we past the timeframe where we can’t expect HS blue chip OTs after our 23 class?
Very well played. Lol. I hope Mario does try to make this a blue chip level OL class because this is the class that comes in when most of that unit will be in their 3rd or 4th year and on to the NFL. This years class was very heavy on developmental guys. We need a couple of plug and play/sure thing types in 2025.

Advertisement
Are we past the timeframe where we can’t expect HS blue chip OTs after our 23 class?
I think this year we could get 1 elite OT prospect. Hopefully we get an elite Center prospect too (though that’s usually mid to low 4star at best) though, cause that’s the biggest need I see in our current depth.

Anyways if we get 1 Top OT he’d be looking at sitting 1 season which is fine. Olineman generally don’t expect to walk in and start. Sitting a year or two isn’t crazy. But I think after getting two top 3 players at the position in 23, there was no chance of repeating in 24. Plus we have to consider NIL allocation to the position. Paying a top OT prospect after just securing 2, knowing 1 is sitting the bench 2 yrs doesn’t make much sense.

Last edited:
Very well played. Lol. I hope Mario does try to make this a blue chip level OL class because this is the class that comes in when most of that unit will be in their 3rd or 4th year and on to the NFL. This years class was very heavy on developmental guys. We need a couple of plug and play/sure thing types in 2025.
We need the development guys to develop! We need more talented depth if anything

I think this year we could get 1 elite OT prospect. Hopefully we get an elite Center prospect too (though that’s usually mid to low 4star at best) though, cause that’s the biggest need I see in our current depth.

Anyways if we get 1 Top OT he’d be looking at sitting 1 season which is fine. Olineman generally don’t expect to walk in and start. Sitting a year or two isn’t crazy. But I think after getting two top 3 players at the position in 23, there was no chance of repeating in 24. Plus we have to consider NIL allocation to the position. Paying a top OT prospect after just securing 2, knowing 1 is sitting the bench 2 yrs doesn’t make much sense.
Wish that kid that flipped to auburn stuck . Wasn't he a C?

Advertisement
We won't back down from his recruitment.

If we don't get his committment, we'll all be telling him don't come around here no more or don't do me like that. Yet if we do get his committment, the haters will say "You got lucky" or "even the losers get lucky sometimes."

Turned 16 yeaars old on August 28, 2022. Kid will be huge when he fills out in a college S&C.

Advertisement
Geo had a really encouraging update on Petty potentially coming down for the spring game. Loy says he's on the verge of a CB for UGA. Distance is a big factor in this recruitment.

Advertisement
Back