Josh Pate On Which Teams Are Playoff Contenders (Late Kick Cut)

I have a feeling that we’re going to go into the Doak as unbeaten Dogs, which is exactly where Mario would want us.
Mario leading his Stormtroopers into the packed trailer stadium as undefeated dogs:

IMG_6382.jpeg

Advertisement

Saw this and saw Canes at +7000 to make CFP. Checked online and saw DraftKings and BetMGM have Canes at +8000 (+8000 means if you bet $100 you win $8,000 if they make CFP).

I’m not a gambler, but I bet a couple hundred on the Canes and have a few friends who came in with $50 each.

I’m drunk on September Koolaid 😳.

LFG Canes!

Edit: I was wrong odds are to win the chip not make CFP. Cancelled the bet lol. Love the canes but not sure about winning a chip this year

There were guys at TCU sitting around talking about this same bet last year ...and hit.

His list is too big. Two teams he includes (just my opinion) that cannot win the natty are USC, and UNC neither team can stop a nose bleed. Better play some defense if you are going to win it all. I do not think OSU or Penn st can win it all either.

Advertisement
2017 UCF was a perfect example; []__[] don't need the best talent, but you have play fast and to do what you do better than everyone else does what they do.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I think a better example would have been Cincinatti a few years back. They actually made the CFP and didnt have to manufacture a championship.

His list is too big. Two teams he includes (just my opinion) that cannot win the natty are USC, and UNC neither team can stop a nose bleed. Better play some defense if you are going to win it all. I do not think OSU or Penn st can win it all either.
Wasn’t his list, “to make the playoffs” not win it all

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I think a better example would have been Cincinatti a few years back. They actually made the CFP and didnt have to manufacture a championship.

That belies the point, UCF beat every team they faced to end the season undefeated; including no. 7 ranked Auburn (Peach Bowl) who, weeks earlier, defeated the no.1 (Alabama) & 2 (UGA) teams in the country.

You can discredit UCF's claim to a national championship while acknowledging the fact they were a well-coached football team.

Last edited:
Advertisement
😭😭😭 i fcked up
I NEVER bet on sports, but when I saw the 8000+ to make the playoffs I was like '****, even I don't mind throwing down $100 to have a chance at $8000' but forgot about the post until now when I just downloaded the app, setup up my account, funded it and then saw the odds weer +1000! Came back here to see what the **** was going on saw this post - lol.

Advertisement
We beat Bethune Cookman.
We beat the real Miami.
We beat Temple.

And we have a playoff thread.

We beat Bethune Cookman.
We beat the real Miami.
We beat Temple.

And we have a playoff thread.
We also beat TAMU and we took care of business for the first time in YEARS against everyone.

Tonight sucked and many people did their best to blow the game, but whatever bro I’m a Miami fan and I was excited. I’ll be back here cheering next week too.

Notre dame lost to Louisville. Bama lost to Texas who lost to Ou. A loss won’t sink our season. If we keep playing like sht we’re fcked but season isn’t over yet even though it was a TERRIBLE game

We also beat TAMU and we took care of business for the first time in YEARS against everyone.

Tonight sucked and many people did their best to blow the game, but whatever bro I’m a Miami fan and I was excited. I’ll be back here cheering next week too.

Notre dame lost to Louisville. Bama lost to Texas who lost to Ou. A loss won’t sink our season. If we keep playing like sht we’re fcked but season isn’t over yet even though it was a TERRIBLE game
I understand that but that does not equate to ****** CFP talk. 1 real team means nothing.

Advertisement
I understand that but that does not equate to ****** CFP talk. 1 real team means nothing.
Yeah and I said in this thread I didn’t think we’d make the playoffs but 80 to 1 odds were worth the bet. Obviously I misunderstood the odds.

No one said we were going to the playoffs we said we had a chance (which we did).

This game sucked almost everything went wrong. Pivotal moment for our team in how we respond next week. Get a win and we’ll still be on track for what most of us thought we’d be before the season started

Yeah and I said in this thread I didn’t think we’d make the playoffs but 80 to 1 odds were worth the bet. Obviously I misunderstood the odds.

No one said we were going to the playoffs we said we had a chance (which we did).

This game sucked almost everything went wrong. Pivotal moment for our team in how we respond next week. Get a win and we’ll still be on track for what most of us thought we’d be before the season started
We never did. Mario and TVD have proven to be one thing and that is unreliable. If someone shows you who they are believe them.

We never did. Mario and TVD have proven to be one thing and that is unreliable. If someone shows you who they are believe them.
You have a point there. Looked like things were finally lining up for us. Not going to lie I didn’t see this cluster fck coming at all

Advertisement
Back