Josh Pate On Which Teams Are Playoff Contenders (Late Kick Cut)

Advertisement
Low chance but I didn’t think Heat would make the finals or Canes would make Final 4 and I think we’re being underestimated because of the mess from last year.

Would take a lot of balls bouncing our way but we’re overdue for a lucky bounce year IMO and I didn’t bet more than I can afford to lose so it’s fun to try it out this year
There’s a lot of voodoo with Miami’s sports teams rn. Honestly with the success of the entire city the past year I’d put a bet on it

we need to win 2 of 3 from UNC Clemson FSU, and handle business with everyone else....we do that and we will be in the ACC Ship

Advertisement
Are there 12 teams in the playoffs this year? If so, Miami is making it in and im throwing some money down at +8000.

Totally disagree.

Lose close to FSU in Tallahassee to finish the year 11-1 and beat them in a rematch in Charlotte to win the ACC, Miami is making the playoffs at 12-1 and a P5 champion with their only loss to a 12-1 FSU team, on the road.

We're obviously getting hypothetical here but I'm just saying that Miami doesn't need to be undefeated to make it.

What if A&M wins the SEC? The Bear tweeted yesterday he bet them at something like +800 or less, I can't remember. What if Miami (OH) wins the MAC? They're 4-1. UNC is undefeated, what if they win 10 games? We can have the resume to get there with 1 loss.

Which is preferable for playoff chances : your first scenario or beating FSU, Clemson, and NC, and then have a Cristobal special of losing to a mediocre team like NC St / Louisville for our one loss.

Saw this and saw Canes at +7000 to make CFP. Checked online and saw DraftKings and BetMGM have Canes at +8000 (+8000 means if you bet $100 you win $8,000 if they make CFP).

I’m not a gambler, but I bet a couple hundred on the Canes and have a few friends who came in with $50 each.

I’m drunk on September Koolaid 😳.

LFG Canes!

Must you live in a state where gambling is legal to make that bet?

Advertisement

Saw this and saw Canes at +7000 to make CFP. Checked online and saw DraftKings and BetMGM have Canes at +8000 (+8000 means if you bet $100 you win $8,000 if they make CFP).

I’m not a gambler, but I bet a couple hundred on the Canes and have a few friends who came in with $50 each.

I’m drunk on September Koolaid 😳.

LFG Canes!

DK has us at +7000 to win the natty, they got at +1000 to make the playoffs. You sure you made the right wager my man.

Advertisement
DK has us at +7000 to win the natty, they got at +1000 to make the playoffs. You sure you made the right wager my man.
I owe you $200 + $50 each for my friends 😂. Called my bookie and cancelled the bet lol. Love the canes but not to win the chip

IMG_3038.jpeg

I like Pate… but that was one of the most playing it safe segments I’ve ever heard. Said a whole lot without saying much
I think his point is that all you ****ers counting chickens on these top 5 teams might be lucky to see one of em actually make it into the playoff.

Unlike past years where it's been Bama/UGA/LSU, OSU/Mich, Oklahoma/Clemson/rare alternate 4th seed

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like Pate… but that was one of the most playing it safe segments I’ve ever heard. Said a whole lot without saying much
This statement is the reason ESPN and Fox each have 15 shows a piece that are trying to emulate Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless.

Everybody wants some jackass yelling “hot takes” in August about how Colorado is going to win a National title only to look foolish 4 weeks later in September. But it’s ok. Nobody will hold their feet to the fire about it anyway.

Pate is by no means my favorite. I only watch his stuff when it’s posted here but give me reasonable and levelheaded takes like Pate 95 times out of 100. It’s reminiscent of late 90s very early 2000s ESPN when it was actually good.

Advertisement
Back