Josh McDaniels new HC for UF...?

Advertisement
I had Gator friends showing me messages from " inside sources " that said Gruden was in serious talks with John Gruden. This came from a bot member, he'd be named the coach by weeks end.

I proceeded to laugh and say " that's so three years ago, that isn't happening". They got mad and showed me the message, I told them " I've read that same message five times , last time was at a Vols site".

Last edited:
Belichick didn't overreact and brought him back. Just like Saban didn't overreact to Kiffin's reputation. Just like Chip Kelly didn't overreact to Sanchez' public reputation.

It's like Al Davis' old theory with the Raiders, to grab somebody who was once considered elite now that the market value is significantly lower than previously, and likely lower than it should be. Davis became a laughingstock to younger fans but those of us who remember his heyday have a vastly different opinion of him.

I don't know what to think about this. McElwain scares me because he could make a difference quickly. McDaniels is more of a gamble but if you hit with a young guy like that he could rule the state for a decade or more. Florida obviously wants an offensive guy.

Belichick is supposedly tight with the Gator program. I don't doubt that Jeremy Foley inquired about McDaniels as Muschamp faltered, and that Belichick gave a positive appraisal.

Advertisement
Pat Forde ‏@YahooForde 9m9 minutes ago

Y sources: Jet en route from Gainesville to Fort Collins, home of CSU coach Jim McElwain.

Belichick didn't overreact and brought him back. Just like Saban didn't overreact to Kiffin's reputation. Just like Chip Kelly didn't overreact to Sanchez' public reputation.

It's like Al Davis' old theory with the Raiders, to grab somebody who was once considered elite now that the market value is significantly lower than previously, and likely lower than it should be. Davis became a laughingstock to younger fans but those of us who remember his heyday have a vastly different opinion of him.

I don't know what to think about this. McElwain scares me because he could make a difference quickly. McDaniels is more of a gamble but if you hit with a young guy like that he could rule the state for a decade or more. Florida obviously wants an offensive guy.

Belichick is supposedly tight with the Gator program. I don't doubt that Jeremy Foley inquired about McDaniels as Muschamp faltered, and that Belichick gave a positive appraisal.

I wouldn't be surprised if Foley goes the McElwain route. SEC ADs love to hire guys with SEC experience. The irony is Foley's best hire was Meyer who came into the SEC cold. McElwain is a crap shoot in my opinion.

Advertisement

Y sources: Jet en route from Gainesville to Fort Collins, home of CSU coach Jim McElwain.

Forde is so full of ****; hasn't he realized by now (see Petrino) that flight plans have to be filed. Checked two sites, no flights between those destinations is shown.

Forde is a Chucky Robinson cohort at YahBS sports, I'm glad he has **** on his face.

I wouldn't be surprised if Foley goes the McElwain route. SEC ADs love to hire guys with SEC experience. The irony is Foley's best hire was Meyer who came into the SEC cold. McElwain is a crap shoot in my opinion.

I don't know much about McElwain--practically nothing. I'm going to do a little research.... Why would he be a crap shoot?

Advertisement

Forde is so full of ****; hasn't he realized by now (see Petrino) that flight plans have to be filed. Checked two sites, no flights between those destinations is shown.

Forde is a Chucky Robinson cohort at YahBS sports, I'm glad he has **** on his face.

Breaking: UF's Jeremy Foley flies to Colorado to meet with top Gators coaching target Jim McElwain

UF athletic director Jeremy Foley flew to Fort Collins, Colo., to meet with Colorado State coach Jim McElwain on Tuesday about the Gators' head coaching job, two sources told the Orlando Sentinel.

A flight plan shows a chartered flight from Jacksonville left Gainesville at 12:16 p.m. for Joplin,. Mo. From there, the flight was destined for Fort Collins. The website OnlyGators.com first reported the flight plan.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...jeremy-foley-jim-mcelwain-20141202-story.html

Can't ever look at the guy without thinking of Neidermeyer from Animal House. Neidermeyer might be a better hire.

mcdaniels0302.jpg

metcalfanihouse2.jpg

We'll end up back on double secret probation.

Advertisement

I don't know much about McElwain--practically nothing. I'm going to do a little research.... Why would he be a crap shoot?

Because the SEC is a huge jump from the Mountain West. He is just as much a product of John L. Smith as with Nick Saban. Did a reasonably good job at Michigan State. Did an excellent job at Alabama, but they didn't miss a beat with Doug Nussmeier as his replacement. I don't know what Michigan paid Nussmeier but he's about to be unemployed. Good job to date at Colorado State. Seems to be a good offensive mind.

Because the SEC is a huge jump from the Mountain West. He is just as much a product of John L. Smith as with Nick Saban. Did a reasonably good job at Michigan State. Did an excellent job at Alabama, but they didn't miss a beat with Doug Nussmeier as his replacement. I don't know what Michigan paid Nussmeier but he's about to be unemployed. Good job to date at Colorado State. Seems to be a good offensive mind.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the info.

Advertisement
Back