Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The only thing about portal linemen is that itā€™s still a crap shoot. Thereā€™s not a ton of plug and play offensive linemen waiting to transfer. Youā€™re getting one of two types out of the portal: The small school guy looking to improve draft stock or the P5 player whoā€™s essentially been a bust at his current school. Miamiā€™s portal linemen have run the gamut from ā€œpretty solidā€ (Jarrid Williams) to ā€œmehā€ (Ousman Traore) to ā€œholy crap you suckā€ ( Tommy Kennedy).

They did catch a break picking up that kid that was originally at Oregon but heā€™s hardly a lock to start here.

JMO, but my money is def on him starting. He was getting 1st team reps at Oregon prior to injury. I think him and Rivers hold down the OG spots.

Got even MORE love for Coach Gattis...bruh born on my exact birthday
Go Capricorns Go Hurricanes!

best of luck to coach Gattis and the whole staff

Advertisement
3E143D33-B4A6-4DE8-9F8C-B5A57987349E.jpeg

None of you know exactly what Gattis will run here OR what Mario asked of him during the interview process to say " we need this type of player, we need this type of line".

You guys have no clue what the fall Saturdays will look like with Gattis at the offensive helm so please shut up about it.

As soon as he comes out in 5 wide trying to put all the weight on TvD shoulders and the kid throws 3 pics in the 1st quarter yall same porsters are going to be begging for some semblance of a run game.

Stop saying what we need to be successful with Gattis. You don't know and you can only guess yet you type so matter of factly.

Let the man install his system and call his plays. If it doesn't work then bytch. Yall not even being objective and balanced. Just bytchn

Last edited:
Ion know

I just gotta wait and see about Mr Steele and Gattis.

Mario didnā€™t f*ck it up. He did good with these.

I am just not sure he did great. Remains to bo seen for me. I am not gonna sit up and front like ā€œoh yea these are homeruns.ā€ Ion know
If you don't know then keep those fingers still my boy. Cuz this post said a whole bunch of NOTHING

Advertisement
Im waiting to jump on any poster who says Kendal Briles. Jesus christ, he should send this site 10% of his raise because he was made out to be a God on here for a good month. I thought we were getting the 2004 version of Norm Chow if you let them tell it
Smh bruh,

I asked this dude who would be his choice for OC that wouldnā€™t put him in wait and see mode. This is what he said . . .

Briles would be a good example. Not saying I would have preferred Briles, just that he is a much more proven commodity and runs an offensive style that is more immediately suited to our talent.

It is always worth knowing what people have done in the past rather than what they say. What Mario is saying is basically ā€œ we want to do everything wellā€, well it rarely plays out like that. Coaches almost always go back to their bread and butter or have a preference, precisely what you said harbaugh did because that is his background. The only exception Iā€™ve seen is saban, he revolutionized his offense to keep up with opponents. Marioā€™s is a physical run game based on his time as a hc, and I donā€™t know what his backup plan is because when Utah and Stanford stood up to Oregon, they didnā€™t have one. It will be interesting to see what happens this year but Iā€™m always going to go with what people do over what they say
I quoted Marioā€™s interview where he laid out his vision for the offense. It doesn't get any clearer than that. So, looking at Michigan and trying to extrapolate their offense to what Mario wants doesn't serve a purpose. It's the HC's decision on what he wants. Mario's not Harbaugh. He quoted Alabama's offense not Michigan's.

I quoted Marioā€™s interview where he laid out his vision for the offense. It doesn't get any clearer than that. So, looking at Michigan and trying to extrapolate their offense to what Mario wants doesn't serve a purpose. It's the HC's decision on what he wants. Mario's not Harbaugh. He quoted Alabama's offense not Michigan's.
Not only that, (and trust me, hearing this was a relief) Gattis said he tailored his run heavy scheme more to what Michigan had available and it makes sense. Talented, veteran line and questionable quarterback talent? You better rely on the run game to carry your team. I think the endgame here is to be more like Alabama 2018 and less like Michigan/Miami 2021.

Advertisement
Mario proved what big time programs are supposed to do after losing guys.... our fans are just not use to having coaches get promoted or leave to good p5 jobs...told y'all to be patient there are still several options out there.... Shemar was just one (sacrificial) recruit no need to panic let him go...Mario made a power move for future purposes...with this great recruiting staff Mario has put together the 23 class should be top 5....

Advertisement
I donā€™t pretend to be an expert on Michigan football but I do remember there being this big deal when Gattis got hired because he was going to modernize the offense. Then once they started playing, Michigan fans were upset that Harbaugh was supposedly handcuffing him and keeping things conservative. I really hope thatā€™s was the case. If you watch the offense from his first two seasons at Michigan itā€™s not inspiring. I donā€™t want us to have to wait until we have the best line in America just to be able to move the ball. I really hope he has a bit more freedom here.
I'm cautiously optimistic because he will have a much better QB here in Miami. Michigan has not been able to find a quality QB since Harbaugh began coaching there.

@htownkidd i know you asked if Gattis coaching WRs and he is, just read it on 247

Interesting because it eliminates a coach. If weā€™re sticking with 10 coaches, we donā€™t need guys to double up. Iā€™d addae is doubling up (STs, maybe) and Gattis is doubling up, where are you going to hire the other coaches to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back