Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
****ā€™s acting like Bama, Clemson, UGA, OSU donā€™t run the ball and Mario is bringing a wishbone to Miami.
these are the same geniuses that a few weeks ago were saying Kirby sucked and couldnā€™t win ever and his being in final4 consistently meant nothing. We could hire Belichick in his prime and theyā€™ve be complaining.

Air raid teams donā€™t do the Defense any favors. Is there an ā€œair raidā€ team that has won anything?
Nope not off the top of my headā€¦ Mike leach disciples look great filling out the stat line and making the team mascot do a ton of push ups on the sidelines but empty trophy cases

Defense and a reliable running game is needed

You guys do realize that you have to run the ball to defeat inferior teams, right? The reason our previous coaches have lost to mediocre ACC teams is we haven't been able to physically dominate the LOS and impose our will. Whatever you think of Kirby, UGA puts away inferior opponents by running it down their throats.

We stole the BROYLES AWARD winner from a blue blood program - anyone who knows anything about college football knows what a big freakin' deal that is.

Last edited:
Advertisement
****ā€™s acting like Bama, Clemson, UGA, OSU donā€™t run the ball and Mario is bringing a wishbone to Miami.
We got some porsters thinking Bama is now Air Raid.

Saban can make elephants fly!

Speaking of Air Raid...obligatory the Pirate would kill it at Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lake art.:

ā€œWe will have a balanced attack,ā€ Cristobal said. ā€œ[Coach Gattis] morphed a system at [Alabama and Michigan]. It came together with a lot of time and research.

ā€œIt is really explosive, it mixes tempo with the ability to go really fast and slow it down when you have to. It is a true power, spread offense where you can get downhill on the running game and create explosive plays on the outside.ā€

Gattis has coached within many different type of systems and has proven to be a coach that can adapt a scheme to the personnel.

At Michigan, Gattis played to the strength of a Wolverines group that was based on power principles as UM averaged 228 passing yards and 214 rushing yards per game.

Gattis also understands how to build an offense around explosive playmakers at wide receiver as well. At Alabama, Gattis was a co-offensive coordinator in 2018 for an offense that featured five receivers that totaled at least 690 yards in a season: Jerry Jeudy (1,315 yards), Jaylen Wadden (848 yards), Henry Ruggs III (741 yards) Irv Smith (710 yards), and DeVonta Smith (693 yards).

That Alabama team could also win with power, averaging 198 rushing yards per game.

When Cristobal was at Alabama from 2013-16, the Crimson Tide transitioned from a pro-style offense to a power spread type of attack.

Thatā€™s the type of offense Cristobal wants to run at Miami.

ā€œThat has always been the vision,ā€ Cristobal said of running a balanced attack that features a power run game and an explosive passing game like Alabama. ā€œTaking the steps to be an explosive and efficient offense that plays with physicality while taking advantage of all the explosive players that live in South Florida.ā€

Cristobal will inherit one of the best quarterbacks in the ACC in Tyler Van Dyke, who threw for 2,931 yards with 25 touchdowns and six interceptions in ten games in 2021.

There will always be a learning curve with any new offensive system, but Cristobal plans to be balanced between the pass and the run, which has always been the recipe for success with the championship Hurricanes teams.

ā€œWith a great quarterback, we plan to be balanced and in an ideal world, we plan to be 50-50, but whatever percentage gets us the win will be at a premium,ā€ Cristobal said.

Ok, sooooo whoā€™s lunch did Lanning not eat this past year? They won the Natty. Lanningsā€™
D cucked Bamaā€™s O, too in the title game. UGAs defense was a machine ā€¦.. with real talent on every level. One game doesnā€™t paint a true picture. Every coach has warts on their resume. Every one! You may not like his offensive philosophy. Thatā€™s cool. You may hate his run/pass ratio. Thatā€™s cool, too. I like more screen game, than heā€™s shown. Thatā€™s my opinion. But I like what Iā€™ve seen otherwise. We all wanna win (well, most of us) games at the end of the day, If he can help us do that, Iā€™m good.

Idc what anyone says, jawja doesn't beat bakkka with Metchie & Williams playing lolol. Bama wins that game again if those two play. Lanning ain't eating tihs lol. When they lined up man for man bakkka took their brkfst, lunch & dinner lol

Hold up. I coulda swore yā€™all told me Mario was missing on everyone and going to have to settle for Ponce as OC. No way he went and got this years Broyles Award winner right? Right??

Chicken little asses.

Mario vs mopes:

VID-20200428-WA0008_1.gif

You guys do realize that you have to run the ball to defeat inferior teams, right? The reason our previous coaches have lost to mediocre ACC teams is we haven't been able to physically dominate the LOS and impose our will. Whatever you think of Kirby, UGA puts away inferior opponents by running it down their throats.

We stole the BROYLES AWARD winner from a blue blood program - anyone who knows anything about college football knows what a big freakin' deal that is.
This. You pass to open up the run when playing good teams, like Clemson when they beat Bama in the National championship

Advertisement
They could still get the #1 spot or at least stake claim to it and would have had a choice to play anywhere they want to and could have made Bama played UGA in the Semi as a result.

I know it was not likely but I do not blame them at all for thinking they could still get a #1 if they put up more points.

Also it was not 100% certain they would stay ahead of Notre Dame so the more points you score the better.
Prior to the start of the Mich game, Bama had just handily beat the consensus #1 team in the nation on a neutral field. Bama was going to be #1 no matter how many points Mich would have scored. And it was definitely 100% certain they would stay ahead of ND. No way would the Domers with their weak SOS have jumped Mich unless they lost. So the last minute of the game where Mich had it 1st and G, up 35-3, they punched it in for a TD because they thought a 32 point margin of victory was insufficient to ensure ND wouldn't leapfrog them???

Offense is similar to moorehead they have a connection when they were at penn stateā€¦Michigans offense was mixed with the ravens heavy personnel power run scheme. I assume he gets rid of the ravens stuff and open up more cause that doesnā€™t fit us at all. I hope we look like 2018 bama or even the penn state/oregon moorehead stuff more than the Michigan stuff.

When the mario rumors got serious mid season i wasnā€™t against bringing moorehead here, I really liked some of the stuff they ran but there qb just wasted it all and the offense looked dumbed down. My mindset with bringing that style of offense is we should bring in someone with an air raid or a briles background as a pass game coordinator like likens to fit with tvd. Maybe we can get someone like that as a qb coach and bring in an analyst/QC.

Overall I like the hire but im in a wait n see mode, need to see the adjustment to our weapons.

Advertisement
We got some porsters thinking Bama is now Air Raid.

Saban can make elephants fly!

Speaking of Air Raid...obligatory the Pirate would kill it at Miami.
Alabama is not a traditional Air Raid offense but they incorporate a lot of the passing concepts into their scheme. They more closely resemble an Air Raid team than the pro style power rushing team they used to be 10 years ago though. Alabama runs a no huddle, up tempo offense that averages over 75 plays per game. They were also 30th in the nation in pass play percentage last year, meaning they were one of the 45 teams that threw the ball more than they ran it. Theyā€™ve been a no-huddle spread offense for a while now.

Idc what anyone says, jawja doesn't beat bakkka with Metchie & Williams playing lolol. Bama wins that game again if those two play. Lanning ain't eating tihs lol. When they lined up man for man bakkka took their brkfst, lunch & dinner lol
Possibly. But weā€™ll never know. The last time I checked, thUGA won the title. Injuries are as a part of football, as the QB/RB hand off.šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø

After watching a few of Michigan's games, you can see how Harbaugh forces some of his concepts into this offense. Gattis has alot of the stuff you saw Bama running during his time then you get the random 2 or 3 back stuff with a traditional fullback in the gun. Looks goofy lol

I would expect Gattis to run an offense that looks more like Lashlee's in formation but much more creative in the run game (provided we improve up front).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back