Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Siiiiiiiiiigh. He was 73rd this recruiting cycle b/c he only had 1 recruit; he only had one recruit b/c Harbaugh kept UofM in limbo. I have three frat bros, including one former high profiled player, & my baby cousin who are all GoBlue alums. We talked about how Harbaugh hamstrung UofM’s class this yr by telling kids he may or may not go to the NFL. Instead of using this momentum to turn UofM’s recruiting into a top 7,
Siiiiiiiiiigh. He was 73rd this recruiting cycle b/c he only had 1 recruit; he only had one recruit b/c Harbaugh kept UofM in limbo. I have three frat bros, including one former high profiled player, & my baby cousin who are all GoBlue alums. We talked about how Harbaugh hamstrung UofM’s class this yr by telling kids he may or may not go to the NFL. Instead of using this momentum to turn UofM’s recruiting into a top 7, they were stagnant & lost out on several high profiled guys.

Also, per 247, Gattis has either P-recruited or S-recruited 44 players, & 50% of them were 4 stars or higher. I’m not sure how that’s not impressive, but to each it’s own.
Rell gettting to the business !!!!💯💯💯💯 tellem

65th in the country?
That’s what they were in plays per game when someone said they were uptempo and were near the top of the country in plays per game. I said they weren’t and used that stat as proof. Team rankings.com is a great site

Last edited:
Advertisement
Say this with me muppets...

ALABAMA and GEORGIA are power run, ball control offenses, that happen to be very good at the pass game also.
You can’t be serious…bama is 13th in pass attempts per game, Georgia is 107. Bama isn’t a ball control offense, not for the past 5 years at least. Saying those two offenses are the same or similar is ridiculous

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's your opinion.

On a factual basis, he is indeed the best assistant coach in the country by virtue of winning the Broyles Award.

You can disagree, but people with a lot more knowledge and credentials than you have...say otherwise.
Some of the stuff being cried about is pointless. They might as well re-cry about the Mario hire at this point. Once that was the hire, we weren’t getting 70% pass…. and I wanted more pass than run too.

That said, seems to me that Mario got a guy at the top of the food chain for the type of offense he wants to run. We’re gonna need OL help in the portal now.

And who cares if he was the number 1 assistant or number 5 assistant in all of CFB last season. Seems to me like we’ve taken huge steps ahead in staff level from 3 months ago but let em cry on and tune them out.

The only reason Enos didn’t work out is because we had one of the worst OLines in UM history! That’s won’t happen With Mario! One we get a decent to good o line we can run a pro style

He was also forced to coach a lazy bum @ QB, who rather smoke Weed than dedicate himself to becoming better. I think that had a little bit to do with it as well. Just a little bit

Imagine how much better his Offense would've been @ MIA, if he actually got a chance to coach the QB he singlehandedly recruited to MIA, TVD?

5th highest rated offense in 2021.
1st in plays over 50 yards
Avg 35.8 PPG

And that's with a mediocre QB. I don't know how you get low-scoring, ugly games from that
No lie people remember how we’ve run the ball since Richt and we got PTSD.

Our run game is about to look a lot different. And Mario was smart enough to get a stable of backs when Manny had us out here looking crazy at the end of last year.

Advertisement
5th highest rated offense in 2021.
1st in plays over 50 yards
Avg 35.8 PPG

And that's with a mediocre QB. I don't know how you get low-scoring, ugly games from that
We dont have an OL remember? Did you see any push on a single run play last year? Mirabel/Mario are a great combo for crootin and coaching OL but they arent miracle workers in 1 offseason. Hope im wrong

You can’t be serious…bama is 13th in pass attempts per game, Georgia is 107. Bama isn’t a ball control offense, not for the past 5 years at least. Saying those two offenses are the same or similar is ridiculous
Nope, I am serious (but not surely).

I respectfully stand by it.

Bama and Georgia are first and foremost built for ball control run game, they choose to pass/run as they see fit and those percentages are obviously different, but doesn't change their foundations.

We could cherry pick back and forth for ages.

Por examplo...in the natty...both teams early tried to establish dominance via the run...Georgia did a better job stifling Bamas ground game forcing them to throw (and I'd offer more than they wanted to).

If memory serves, Georgia was able to keep an overall balanced attack and I think ended up with about 50/50-ish* pass/run mix whereas Bama was forced more into a 70/30-ish* mix.

My greater point, has ham handed as I'm making it, is that both those teams' base philosophy is they have the ability to ram it down the Ds throat if they choose/when rhey have to.

*rounded, we could go back to stats and be more precise...I believe I'm reasonably close

You can win more and still not maximize you win opportunity.

E65CC01F-09BF-4788-A442-562E06BF023E.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
RUMOR: Well now Michigan fans are saying some of his recruiting tactics were "questionable". Interesting. Read the comments....

It's such a load of bullcrap.

If you have a COORDINATOR who is such a "problem" that you have to remove him from recruiting, you don't RETAIN him for more than a month after the season is over.

The reality is that he was a candidate for HC jobs elsewhere (UVa the most well-known) and Harbaugh likely did not want a guy who was leaving to continue to be a key recruiter (ask Oregon how that goes, if a couple of things broke differently, as much as half of Mario's first recruiting/transfer class at Miami could have been former Oregon recruits and/or players).

I have no doubts that a certain faction of Michigan fans will now empty their bowels of sour grapes on Gattis. Don't care, doesn't matter. Let's move on with our lives, shall we?

Our oline have to get their **** together.

I believe we have better talent than many posters believe.

Our “soft” practices under Manny were a big reason our guys struggled on gameday. It creates a situation where the difference between practice and game is too big and the team is never sharp.

The lines need difficult, aggressive practices more than the other positions. This change alone from Mario will reap huge returns very quickly. Guys are going to be much more physical and consistent. The difference will be immediately noticed.

I think I was pretty thorough w/ outlining everything. Lol. I actually talked about Michigan’s QB issue.

The fact is, Michigan’s OL was incredible to the point that it made Cade Mac look competent. U’re right, if u put TVD behind that OL, then Michigan’s #’s r even better. But, we don’t live in hypotheticals; the fact is, TVD is not going to be behind Michigan’s line. He’ll be behind our OL, which will be improved, but imo, still not elite. My post was actually in defense of Gattis, showing that he was able to have better statistics, offensively, w/o a NFL caliber QB. With that said, TVD thrived being 2 yrs in a system; he’s going to have to learn a new system, so we “might” see some growing pains to start off for our O.

The whole team is learning new things, which is y there’s overwhelming data showing teams taking two-three yrs to develop into contenders, no matter how great the coach is.
I think its a trade off between Michigan's superior O-line and our superior QB. Our O-line did not improve as the season transpired (Gaynor out may have helped) as much as it looked better with TVD because the defense had more to be concerned about and could not dare us to throw as teams did with King.

I just think that personnel is so important, especially at the QB position, that to evaluate OC’s when they are working with different personnel is very hard to do. Its like trying to figure out the best chef even though they are making the same dish with different ingredients. TVD is filet mignon. The QB at Michigan was a skirt steak. Is the chef cooking the filet better, or is it that he is cooking with a filet and the other guy has skirt steak? And if you switch the beef which chef is better, and what would each chef do differently with the different beef?

Too many variables for us to know for sure how this will work out, but I am hopeful because Gattis turned the skirt steak into a very good meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back