Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
What board are you reading? I'm on 247board and just went through 12 pages. It's a lot of "well that's what Harbaugh gets for flirting with the NFL" and generally positive stuff about Gattis.

Some sentiment that Matt Weiss will be a good replacement and this not being the end of the world. But outside of a few random guys, I don't see much "hate" there. Sounds like you're just having a rough Sunday and over-exaggerating for no reason. Take the day off brother. Bounce back next week.

People are exaggerating the hatred towards Gattis? This sounds so unlikely...

...****, even if some Michigan posters are now expressing negativity towards Gattis, when are some of our porsters going to learn that sour grapes are a part of the PR spin game once a school loses a recruit or coach...how about we see what the Michigan fans said around the time that Michigan qualified for the Playoffs?

You & Cd acting like some bi*** man ****..people are wrong song sometimes so what who cares…things change on the fly..like you said keep it moving stop complaining…
Only speaking for myself here.

I appreciate each and every poster who brings something more than opinion to the board. If their info is legit awesome. If not it is at least interesting and gives us something to read and discuss. The number 1 guy @Cribby has been wrong before. Not very often but it happens because sometimes people lie, change their mind, get a bag whatever. I would never shiit on anyone for being wrong.

What I shiit on is someone who has no inside info, no sources no nothing. Someone who reads Twitter and requests info from people like Jay and Cribby via DM and then acts like they have some clout by repeating that info. People like that are pathetic and yeah, I will call that out.

Advertisement
Tale of the tape:

Lashlee Recruiting Tree:

Gattis Recruiting Tree:

Miami’s Offense 2021-22:
✅-Total O: 19th
-Sacks Allowed: 89th
-Rushing: 97th
✅-Passing: 10th
✅-Passing/Completion: 37th
-Scoring: 23rd
-Red Zone: 51st
-1st Down O: 41st
-3rd Down Conversion: 50th
✅-4th Down Conversion: 8th
-TFL Allowed: 108th

-Michigan’s Offense 2021-22:
-Total O: 25th
✅-Sacks Allowed: 5th
✅-Rushing: 15th
-Passing: 68th
-Passing/Completion: 41st
✅-Scoring: 16th
✅-Red Zone: 24th
✅-1st Down O: 27th
✅-3rd Down Conversion: 16th
-4th Down Conversion: T-66th
✅-TFL Allowed: 1st

To me, this seems like a very, very solid hire both from a schematic & recruiting standpoint.

Is it perfect? No, but what offense is? This ain’t an Enos situation; Enos didn’t call any plays for that Bama team, & he sucked as a recruiter, OC, & former HC. Don’t allow what UGA did to UofM taint how solid their O was. Honestly, UofM should’ve had 1 loss this season against UGA (or they probably wouldn’t have played UGA being undefeated). The refs blew the game against MSU.

The other thing to consider is while I appreciate Harbaugh as a coach, my boy couldn’t get a QB worth a **** to save his life. Gattis will have at his disposal one of the best QBs in the game. Give TVD balance, & TVD might re-write history books.

Listen, just like some have become star-whores (& stars matter), but we’ve seen what happens when we focus on stars vs. other nuances to get a proper assessment. Well, w/ coaching, it appears we’ve focused on some “****” names vs. understanding philosophy & fit to align. Cohesion is important. Being on the same page is important.

Personally, I like both hires at DC & OC. With that being said, I’m also not in the 15-0 boat or even the 10+ win boat. If we won 10+ games in yr 1, I would be pleasantly surprised; we’re introducing a new HC, new offensive terminology, new defensive terminology, new S&C regimens, w/ some position holes on our team. That’s a lot; I think we win 9 games including a bowl victory, & by yr 2, we rock the world. Jmo
These metrics indicate Gattis (at least at Michigan) based his scheme on a reliable pass/run capable OL. Miami (today) has a barely serviceable pass block OL (really TVD makes it go more than they) and essentially a non-functional run block against conpetent DL/LBs.

Let's see what he does in 22....

lmao, I can't believe some people actually found a way to find a negative in hiring the best assistant in the country :pgdead:

Who hurt yall
I think it essentially boils down to the fact that we just figured out that there were a bunch of masochists who came to the wrong board and being negative and in pain is how they get off

Only speaking for myself here.

I appreciate each and every poster who brings something more than opinion to the board. If their info is legit awesome. If not it is at least interesting and gives us something to read and discuss. The number 1 guy @Cribby has been wrong before. Not very often but it happens because sometimes people lie, change their mind, get a bag whatever. I would never shiit on anyone for being wrong.

What I shiit on is someone who has no inside info, no sources no nothing. Someone who reads Twitter and requests info from people like Jay and Cribby via DM and then acts like they have some clout by repeating that info. People like that are pathetic and yeah, I will call that out.
So are you calling yourself out then I take it (j/k)

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'll be happy if we are running ~75 plays per game and TVD is allowed to get the ball to his playmakers. He should average 300+/game in 2022.
None of that has anything to do with Gattis. That will be about Mario and his philosophy. Gattis coached with Locksley and Saban was good with giving Tua the reins. At Michigan in 2019 with Shea Patterson that was closer to Gattis' offense. Patterson averaged about 30 attempts per game. McNamara this year just over 23. If Mario wants to throw the ball Gattis will be happy too.

I’ve said this 1 million times. I have no insight no sources no nothing. I know a little about football so I will talk some scheme and compare players etc. but never once in my time on any board have I played the role of insider.
I hear you a man - I’m still trying to come to terms with your name and that you’re not the worst to ever do it. I assume your namesake is still on that other train wreck of a site but I don’t really know

Advertisement
I hear you a man - I’m still trying to come to terms with your name and that you’re not the worst to ever do it. I assume your namesake is still on that other train wreck of a site but I don’t really know
I can’t change my name again until next month so the jokes on me I guess.

He is still on there and the penguin calls him a legend on his podcast regularly. I imagine he ran quite a few people away from the site with his rumble young man rumble bs and I’m the greatest to ever do it nonsense.

None of that has anything to do with Gattis. That will be about Mario and his philosophy. Gattis coached with Locksley and Saban was good with giving Tua the reins. At Michigan in 2019 with Shea Patterson that was closer to Gattis' offense. Patterson averaged about 30 attempts per game. McNamara this year just over 23. If Mario wants to throw the ball Gattis will be happy too.
So you are saying Mario is going to micro manage the offense.

Interesting note:

Feldmann was sitting on the story for 72 hours........ I just listened to a podcast by the Athletic about the hire - it was said there.

EDIT: Miami paid a $500,000 buyout for him.
We still have 100k from the UGA buyout for B*tch-Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back