Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest question:

Will you guys be happy when TVD's opportunities and production are down next year?
Did mario get hired to pad TVD's stats or to win football games?

I can tell you don't have a full understanding of the offense that Gattis even runs based on your comments

So I guess you're thinking we should hire mike leach and go full air raid and finish the season 7-6?

Advertisement
Know who else doesn’t care about his stats as long as we win?

TVD
Yup.

People clamoring for us to throw it like Leach at Texas Tech all day are missing the point.

TVD would probably be the first one to say hey, we need to win. Even if it means running the ball down people's throats all game.

Just win.

Last edited:
The worry is that TVD is wildly successful in this type of offense and changing that would slow him and the recievers down. Also that the O line and RB room isn’t good enough to do what Michigan did.

Its a legit concern. But that concern could also be shut down if our O line and backs look all world after they get coached up. Or Gattis comes out 5 wide and lets TVD throw for 400+ every game.

Nobody knows what’s gonna happen until we see it. So to say either side is dumb or wrong is ridiculous.
You do realize we were in shoot outs weekly because our defense was a wet paper napkin getting ran through….

Yes TVD performed remarkably well but having zero semblance of balance isn’t conducive to winning 10+ games…. Y’all are so **** bent on running some air raid Mike Leach offense yet you see time and time again those complete 90%+ plus air it out offenses struggle when they meet a competent defense

Advertisement
If you watched the B10 CG this year against Iowa, Mich was up 25 midway through Q4. And they called a flee flicker which they completed for 33 yards. Then at the end of the game when they had it 1st & G, instead of kneeling, they punched it in for a TD. Can't decide if it's classless playcalling or just super aggressive. Wonder who called those plays, Harbaugh or Gattis. Harbaugh is hated throughout college and NFL. Started when he was at Stanford when he pulled the same stunt against USC.

Advertisement
Did mario get hired to pad TVD's stats or to win football games?

I can tell you don't have a full understanding of the offense that Gattis even runs based on your comments

So I guess you're thinking we should hire mike leach and go full air raid and finish the season 7-6?

Well Mario has experience under utilizing an elite QB and underperforming because of it.

Honest question:

Will you guys be happy when TVD's opportunities and production are down next year?
Honest question will you be happy no matter what happens or is it only contingent upon whether he gets 10 more yards again? Personally I think a stronger running game is going to help his stats increase

Not sure what to even think bout this hire... thought Miami was going to s spread but a power attack... now we yeazrs away if Cristabol is the guy we need which I'm not even sure about that. gattis ain t nothing special
I have to give it to you- in a thread with a lot of great posts but some of the worst takes I’ve ever seen you just took the lead for the dumbest analysis and worst post in the thread

Advertisement
Why would Gattis choose to come here if he was **** bent on bringing a run oriented offense? We’re not exactly built for that. You think he’s going to see our elite QB mixed with our below average OL and be like yea we’re going to ground and pound this thing?

I just don’t see that happening.

Maybe because Mario promised TreVonte Citizen that he would be the starter?

[sarcasm]

Last edited:
Honest question will you be happy no matter what happens or is it only contingent upon whether he gets 10 more yards again? Personally I think a stronger running game is going to help his stats increase

I'll be happy if we are running ~75 plays per game and TVD is allowed to get the ball to his playmakers. He should average 300+/game in 2022.

Advertisement
Interesting note:

Feldmann was sitting on the story for 72 hours........ I just listened to a podcast by the Athletic about the hire - it was said there.

EDIT: Miami paid a $500,000 buyout for him.
Which podcast

The 2019 Gattis offense was what he ported over from Alabama. After their bad covid year playing Joe Milton and McNamara in 2020 Harbaugh wanted things to change.

Harbaugh hired a guy from the Raven offensive staff to bring over those run schemes and the tight formations and run-heavy stuff became more prominent in 2021. They won games so now credit is being given to different people and losing Gattis is "no big deal".

I've said it before but if you think what Alabama has run since Tua got there is too pro-style you're not gonna like what Gattis brings.

If you watched the B10 CG this year against Iowa, Mich was up 25 midway through Q4. And they called a flee flicker which they completed for 33 yards. Then at the end of the game when they had it 1st & G, instead of kneeling, they punched it in for a TD. Can't decide if it's classless playcalling or just super aggressive. Wonder who called those plays, Harbaugh or Gattis. Harbaugh is hated throughout college and NFL. Started when he was at Stanford when he pulled the same stunt against USC.
It is not classless when you have a committee in a room trying to decide who is the best team based on their eyes and ears and observational subjective standards.

I think any smart coach should try to run up a score in a Championship situation like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back