Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Time to celebrate.
sexy weed GIF
i use a water pipe but that makes me want to roll a big j and bang that chick

Because that is what Mario did when they had Herbert. He had an elite NFL Pro Bowl QB and they only threw for ~250ypg in Herbert's 2 years there.

Bro style HC meets a OC we have only seen bro style from, legit worry there.

People love to buy into this Justin Herbert hype.

Advertisement
I’m so confused by posters…

Do y’all want an elite OC who had top production and is an elite recruiter to boot…

Or do you want some Mike Leach air raid offense just… we’ll idk because?

Some of y’all would be ****ed still if we hired Kyle Shannhan or Sean Mcvay because they still run under the center….

Idc what the offense does just be successful score points, high 3rd down conversation rate, and red zone efficiency….

Tale of the tape:

Lashlee Recruiting Tree:

Gattis Recruiting Tree:

Miami’s Offense 2021-22:
✅-Total O: 19th
-Sacks Allowed: 89th
-Rushing: 97th
✅-Passing: 10th
✅-Passing/Completion: 37th
-Scoring: 23rd
-Red Zone: 51st
-1st Down O: 41st
-3rd Down Conversion: 50th
✅-4th Down Conversion: 8th
-TFL Allowed: 108th

-Michigan’s Offense 2021-22:
-Total O: 25th
✅-Sacks Allowed: 5th
✅-Rushing: 15th
-Passing: 68th
-Passing/Completion: 41st
✅-Scoring: 16th
✅-Red Zone: 24th
✅-1st Down O: 27th
✅-3rd Down Conversion: 16th
-4th Down Conversion: T-66th
✅-TFL Allowed: 1st

To me, this seems like a very, very solid hire both from a schematic & recruiting standpoint.

Is it perfect? No, but what offense is? This ain’t an Enos situation; Enos didn’t call any plays for that Bama team, & he sucked as a recruiter, OC, & former HC. Don’t allow what UGA did to UofM taint how solid their O was. Honestly, UofM should’ve had 1 loss this season against UGA (or they probably wouldn’t have played UGA being undefeated). The refs blew the game against MSU.

The other thing to consider is while I appreciate Harbaugh as a coach, my boy couldn’t get a QB worth a **** to save his life. Gattis will have at his disposal one of the best QBs in the game. Give TVD balance, & TVD might re-write history books.

Listen, just like some have become star-whores (& stars matter), but we’ve seen what happens when we focus on stars vs. other nuances to get a proper assessment. Well, w/ coaching, it appears we’ve focused on some “****” names vs. understanding philosophy & fit to align. Cohesion is important. Being on the same page is important.

Personally, I like both hires at DC & OC. With that being said, I’m also not in the 15-0 boat or even the 10+ win boat. If we won 10+ games in yr 1, I would be pleasantly surprised; we’re introducing a new HC, new offensive terminology, new defensive terminology, new S&C regimens, w/ some position holes on our team. That’s a lot; I think we win 9 games including a bowl victory, & by yr 2, we rock the world. Jmo

Last edited:
So many mopes on this board. Glad to have the ignore button.

If you can’t even give the guy the benefit of doubt until you know, he actually calls a game. What’s the point of being a fan? Find something else to do with your life.

Advertisement

Do y’all want an elite OC who had top production and is an elite recruiter to boot…

Some of y’all would be ****ed still if we hired Kyle Shannhan or Sean Mcvay because they still run under the center….

Idc what the offense does just be successful score points, high 3rd down conversation rate, and red zone efficiency….

I prefer a college offense that fits the recruiting base.

remember when the meltdown of losing bmac happened? lmao good times
Make you wonder..did we really 'lose' B- Mac, or did he see the writing on the wall with the Gattis prospective hire and either he or Georgia were opportunistic? And Michigan's emphasis on the run would further his recent negative recruiting message to receivers about Cristobal. Interesting to think this may have played out differently than we thought.

Two tight ends?

You mean like Mallory and Arroyo?
I’m calling it right now. Mallory and Arroyo will keep Skinner off the field as a TE and he will get reps at WR and not look back. Think a more athletic Mike Williams from SC back in the day.

Also, I live in the Detroit burbs, yes it’s miserable it’s for work, and the reviews from fans were that he never got to implement what he wanted and that he was forced to run an offense Harpaw wanted.

The worry is that TVD is wildly successful in this type of offense and changing that would slow him and the recievers down. Also that the O line and RB room isn’t good enough to do what Michigan did.

Its a legit concern. But that concern could also be shut down if our O line and backs look all world after they get coached up. Or Gattis comes out 5 wide and lets TVD throw for 400+ every game.

Nobody knows what’s gonna happen until we see it. So to say either side is dumb or wrong is ridiculous.

Advertisement
Anyone know who Gattis’ agent is? Couldn’t find it on google.

Just curious whether he shares an agent with Mario. This seemingly happened pretty quickly, with Gattis going from probable harbaugh replacement to inked with Miami. Makes me think either he reached out to Mario, or they share an agent that facilitated the deal.

Advertisement
Make you wonder..did we really 'lose' B- Mac, or did he see the writing on the wall with the Gattis prospective hire and either he or Georgia were opportunistic? And Michigan's emphasis on the run would further his recent negative recruiting message to receivers about Cristobal. Interesting to think this may have played out differently than we thought.
Nah, don’t think Gattis was on the radar then. Credit to Mario to pivoting when he got rejected by his first options and end up getting an OC in the same tier as his first choices. That is the overall impression I got out of this and it’s certainly impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back