Status
Not open for further replies.
great hire. as was steele. there's a lesson here for all u limdic mopes

Reactions: D7.
Advertisement
Mario right now....
Decent hire.
vroom GIF

only worry is a one and done type of season, but then again, if it is that, then we would have had one **** of a season so next year looks good.
Nonsense on him staying only one year. This kind of talk is not helpful to recruiting. No one has any idea.

He is 38 years old. He will need at least two to three years to develop recruiting relationships in South Florida - the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country.

He is talented and smart. I always assume that smart people think longer term than just 12 months. It is likely he stays several years even if we are very successful as I expect.

Advertisement
So supposedly in 2020 Gattis was throwing the ball too much and they went 2-4 he decided he needed to give the ball to his best play makers which are the Michigan running backs..

y’all have to use context when saying he doesn’t fit or don’t like this offense based on seeing one season

Care to enlighten me?

Still waiting for Shemar to sign. Same goes for Belk, Charlie Strong, Candle, Whipple, Golesh, Brady… **** so many names have been listed I can’t remember them all.

Ironically, the two actual hires were never mentioned…. Once.

What she’s sharing, clearly isn’t accurate regardless of your spin. It was a buyer beware post. Stay fixated on it if you want, I’m keeping it moving..
You & Cd acting like some bi*** man ****..people are wrong song sometimes so what who cares…things change on the fly..like you said keep it moving stop complaining…

Advertisement
Not my ideal hire, but it’s difficult to judge Gattis at Michigan.

I’d prefer what he wants to do rather than what he was able to do there.

I also like he’s an upper tier recruiter.

If he’s able to implement his “speed in space” offense with some power run concepts and upper tier recruiting, it’s a **** good hire.

I feared we would do a lot worse.

I like it. Mario is making sure we have the right guy for the explosiveness we have on offense, bringing us back to nuclear capabilities . He has already addressed the biggest need , the trenches. Can’t ask more from a coach who is so committed to truly making the U relevant again.

I expect more of Arroyo and less of Mallory especially in the run game. To me, if Mallory can take the biggest leap on the offensive by being coached better and developed to be a better blocker, this offense opens up even more. But that’s a big “if” in terms of his blocking.
Watching Gattis’ O, I’ll be surprised if Mallory plays if he doesn’t get more physical and learns how to block. You have to be an all-around TE in his system.

Advertisement
So supposedly in 2020 Gattis was throwing the ball too much and they went 2-4 he decided he needed to give the ball to his best play makers which are the Michigan running backs..

y’all have to use context when saying he doesn’t fit or don’t like this offense based on seeing one season
Exactly. Those asking what his offenses are like and whether it would fit are fine. The problem is those making definitive statements that he won't fit here because he's a power run, pro style guy, and whining about the hire. They clearly know little about him but want to make strong claims about what hes going to do.

Advertisement
Not my ideal hire, but it’s difficult to judge Gattis at Michigan.

I’d prefer what he wants to do rather than what he was able to do there.

I also like he’s an upper tier recruiter.

If he’s able to implement his “speed in space” offense with some power run concepts and upper tier recruiting, it’s a **** good hire.

I feared we would do a lot worse.

This is a good take. He worked with what he had. Michigan had a good Oline and running backs… their QB was less than desirable and their receivers weren’t that good either…

Now Gattis has a capable QB who can throw and with some young receivers and plenty of running backs to use and let’s not forget multiple tight ends… our Oline needs work but this is where Mirabal comes into play.

Harbaugh picked a really crappy time to go pursue an NFL gig. That said, apparently he and Gattis had some philosophical differences and their QB coach/likely replacement came from his brother's staff in Baltimore.

Reactions: D7.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back