Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
yup such a winner........... 1-6 vs OSU and 3-4 vs MSU. Brought in to beat his biggest rivals and he absolutely **** the bed
He is doing charity work at Michigan because it's his alma mater. Michigan would look like UVA or Cal without Harbaugh. There is a reason his name keeps coming up for NFL jobs.

To quote the OC:
“We’re a no huddle team,” Gattis said. “When people ask who we are, from an offensive standpoint, we’re a pro-spread. That’s what I like to tell people. We run from a spread mechanics, we’re no huddle. We don’t huddle ever. But we still have a big pro-style emphasis, and one of the things with speed in space is, we’re still gonna have a mindset that we’re an attacking offense, but also, we’re a physical offense. We’re not just gonna go out there and dink and dunk the ball around, throwing bubble screens and all that. We’re aggressive. We’re gonna be sound, fundamentally sound, in our run game. We’re gonna be aggressive in taking our shots. We’re gonna be aggressive in trying to put conflict on the defense. For us, that’s the biggest focal point for us is that we’re still gonna dictate the style of play, but we’re gonna finish with an aggressive mentality.”
If I never see a bubble screen again, I’ll be very happy haha

Advertisement
Go read the Michigan boards and ask yourself this, why would Michigan let him walk if he’s so good? They can easily out spend Miami.

I’m pretty sure no OC can ***** up TVD next year so I’m not too worried.

I’m not doubting you, but it seems like Harbaugh alienated much of his staff with the Vikings interview. Which if true, means money wouldn’t matter.

Go read the Michigan boards and ask yourself this, why would Michigan let him walk if he’s so good? They can easily out spend Miami.

I’m pretty sure no OC can ***** up TVD next year so I’m not too worried.
If they can out spend us, then why was it reported that we had the second highest budget for coordinators outside of Bama? You’re talking out of your ***

Advertisement
It’s all over every Michigan board LOL. They hate him.
What board are you reading? I'm on 247board and just went through 12 pages. It's a lot of "well that's what Harbaugh gets for flirting with the NFL" and generally positive stuff about Gattis.

Some sentiment that Matt Weiss will be a good replacement and this not being the end of the world. But outside of a few random guys, I don't see much "hate" there. Sounds like you're just having a rough Sunday and over-exaggerating for no reason. Take the day off brother. Bounce back next week.

Gattis mainly used 3 rbs at Michigan in Haskins/Corum/Edwards...

Gattis will probably use Citizen in the Haskins role, Knighton/Corum, and Chaney/Edwards. I'm interested to see how Franklin and Parrish compete. Our rbs will be a strength. Hopefully the Oline steps up big.

Clearly, Gattis is inheriting a better QB in Van Dymes. Mallory, Arroyo, and Skinner will have big roles in this offense.

Advertisement
How do you know that Michigan let him walk?
He claims he's reading the boards. I went and read the boards too and they said Michigan notoriously underpays its assistants. So I wouldn't be surprised if he we offered him more $$.

The Mich mod at 247 provided some context on why he decided to leave:
"This was ONE of the potential moves I was referring to last week when I said don't take for granted that every assistant would be back. Would be a surprise if Matt Weiss isn't the replacement.

I'll get deeper into it in a reaction blog, but the long and short of it was an extension was offered here, but he felt Miami wanted him a lot more, so he took it. This was undoubtedly affected by Jim's pro dalliance. Most significant in that is the Jim/Weiss connection that would've carried on to the pros, and has him as the favorite now to assume Gattis' role.

More later"

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back