Josh Gattis Film review: Methodical Playcaller

View as article
Advertisement
Josh Gattis Film Review: Canes bring in an OC fresh of a Broyles Award at Michigan. Excellent in the running/RPO game with a very good knack for game planning vs mismatches in the passing game & Continuing to attack them. #GoCanes

This was great stuff.. Straight to point, watched first half, will catch the rest later.. Had me rolling on that play with #43 (i think) out wide

Advertisement
I can certainly see why Josh Gattis's offensive style appealed to Mario's vision of balanced football. I think Michigan fans were expecting a whole lot of what Gattis was around at BAMA, with the big strike stuff, when he took over as OC. It really never materialized and talent may have been a lot of that. When Harbaugh plucked Shea Patterson out of OM I thought they were set up to be a lot more explosive through the airwaves, but it still looked more pedestrian than his time at Mississippi. And in the process, Gattis was also struggling with establishing the run game. Which had to be somewhat shocking for Michigan fans.

Really, last season it came together for him, Gattis got in big formations and multiple line formations and played bully ball, but then unlike his previous 2 seasons you also saw Michigan's ability to spread people out and still have a physical presence with the downhill running. That is hard to do and if he brings that same approach to Miami's offensive identity, and you can almost bet on it with Cristobal's DNA, this team should look dramatically different on both sides of the LOS.

Advertisement
I like the misdirection and the OL going in opposite directions to the actual flow of the ball. Opposing Defenses in the ACC are going to have a tough time keeping up with that.

Hopefully it helps solve our short yardage troubles too.

I can certainly see why Josh Gattis's offensive style appealed to Mario's vision of balanced football. I think Michigan fans were expecting a whole lot of what Gattis was around at BAMA, with the big strike stuff, when he took over as OC. It really never materialized and talent may have been a lot of that. When Harbaugh plucked Shea Patterson out of OM I thought they were set up to be a lot more explosive through the airwaves, but it still looked more pedestrian than his time at Mississippi. And in the process, Gattis was also struggling with establishing the run game. Which had to be somewhat shocking for Michigan fans.

Really, last season it came together for him, Gattis got in big formations and multiple line formations and played bully ball, but then unlike his previous 2 seasons you also saw Michigan's ability to spread people out and still have a physical presence with the downhill running. That is hard to do and if he brings that same approach to Miami's offensive identity, and you can almost bet on it with Cristobal's DNA, this team should look dramatically different on both sides of the LOS.
They had a bunch of big-time WR recruits who either got hurt or didn't really pan out. So he did the best with what he had, which is what a quality OC should do.

Advertisement
IJS bro... sign that man up @Stevo365

Capture.PNG

Advertisement
Josh Gattis Film Review: Canes bring in an OC fresh of a Broyles Award at Michigan. Excellent in the running/RPO game with a very good knack for game planning vs mismatches in the passing game & Continuing to attack them. #GoCanes

Good shut stevo

I was watching this in bed last night bruh the knowledge is real I loved this ****

Nice work! Love that you took the time to break down all that

Hopefully Gattis gets us rolling like he had Mich last year...

Go Canes!

I enjoy the podcast as well...ya'll keep that good ish up too

Advertisement
Back