Josh Ford-WR-Arizona Western CC....

MedleyCane

Senior
There is an article on him on the Middle Tennessee Rivals site.
Apparently is looking at MTSU because of a former JUCO teammate, but article
mentions that he will take a visit to UM because Golden recruited him out of
HS for Temple.
He initially signed with New Mexico out of HS (Coolidge HS, DC), so I have
to think Mike Locksley (former NN coach now at Maryland) may have the inside
track.
Anyways, here is Ford's HS highlights.
Pretty impressive, IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVSIUttGsMo

Advertisement
Ford led all receivers at Arizona Western in receptions, yards, and touchdowns. For the season, he finished with 58 receptions while gaining 845 yards and reaching paydirt an impressive 10 times.

recorded 4.4 on his 40-time

Would like to have an offer from Maryland hopes that his JUCO tapes impresses the OC

One time Temple commit out of high school and has maintained a relationship with Golden and his staff

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ford led all receivers at Arizona Western in receptions, yards, and touchdowns. For the season, he finished with 58 receptions while gaining 845 yards and reaching paydirt an impressive 10 times.

Would like to have an offer from Maryland hopes that his JUCO tapes impresses the OC

One time Temple commit out of high school and has maintained a relationship with Golden and his staff
I like it. Good tape, good speed and size. Much rather have him than DeJoshua

GoMiddle.com caught up with one of those potential junior college prospects in Josh Ford, a wide receiver from Arizona Western, who could become one of those names that fans become accustomed to in the coming years.

Many players enjoy the recruiting process, but for the 6'4", 195-pound Ford, it's a process that he is ready to end - for a second time.

"I don't like recruiting, " Ford said. "It's so stressful. Especially when you are on your visit and it's hard to make a decision."

After signing with New Mexico out of high school, Ford was forced to look to the junior college route. It was there he became friends with current Blue Raider Jamal Gray, a former teammate at Arizona Western.

This past season, Ford led all receivers at Arizona Western in receptions, yards, and touchdowns. For the season, he finished with 58 receptions while gaining 845 yards and reaching paydirt an impressive 10 times.

With his great size and a recorded 4.4 on his 40-time, it is easy to see why Ford quickly became a go to target in Arizona, as well as a target for the Blue Raider coaching staff.

Ford remains hopeful that the new offensive coordinator at Maryland will like his junior college film and will come through with an offer and an invitation for an official visit, but that offer has yet to materialize.

Former Temple head coach Al Golden has extended an offer for Ford to join him at Miami and Ford should be making a trip to South Beach in January to visit the Hurricanes program. Ford, a one-time Temple commitment out of high school, has maintained a good relationship with Golden's staff.

With a little less than two months until signing day anything could happen and the Blue Raiders, desperate for a receiver, could add Ford to the core on that special Wednesday in February.

I like it. Good tape, good speed and size. Much rather have him than DeJoshua

Nice size and measurables...but Johnson to me has the potential of being a gamebreaker--a rich man's Travis Benjamin. However, it seems like he's got a two-cent head to go along with all that speed and talent.

I definitely would not mind it if he's in this class. Pretty fluid kid for his size.

Last edited:
Advertisement
With Streeter leaving to the NFL, we need another big body at wide receiver...preferably one with deep speed.

With Streeter leaving to the NFL, we need another big body at wide receiver...preferably one with deep speed.

This.

Tall, Check
Fast, check
Decent Hands, Check.

What's not to like? That he does'nt have great offers? Who cares. We need kids who can contribute. Specially at WR where we have 4 guys. Sign him up.

I'd take this kid in a minute. Can play Right away. Especially if Waters beats feet which sounds like he will or eventually.. I'd take both if given the oppurtunity.
This Ford kid seems like a steal..Measurables, Speed, hands.

JC

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back