Joseph Yearby

Hurrikane

Band
Banned
Miami Central junior RB and FSU commit Joseph Yearby has been named to USA Today's 2012 Pre-season All-America team.

Advertisement
Arguably the best runningback in the class next to Sony Michel for 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Advertisement
Advertisement
some say Dalvin Cook is better...and I can see why people would say that. Cook looks much better physically (bigger and stronger) and seems to have a higher ceiling.

some say Dalvin Cook is better...and I can see why people would say that. Cook looks much better physically (bigger and stronger) and seems to have a higher ceiling.

Cook's ceiling is higher, but Yearby is better right now

Just as an aside, UF and FSU EACH have more alumni in South Florida, or Dade specifically as well, than UM does. Really.

Here's another one: Up until about 10 or so years ago, you could fit every single UM graduate, in our history, living AND dead, in the Orange Bowl stands, and still not have a sell out.

We're a small school, and we used to be a **** of a lot smaller. The cheaper, lesser, state schools are alumni factories, they churn people out. And those people are everywhere, and are sometimes influential.

We make a living by "keeping kids home," but some kids, understandably, want to go away for college and have a new experience. ****, the best school I got into was NYU, and I choose to go to Miami for that very reason. ****, it would suck to have had to check in on the NYU Fencing Team Board instead of here.

Advertisement
Just as an aside, UF and FSU EACH have more alumni in South Florida, or Dade specifically as well, than UM does. Really.

Here's another one: Up until about 10 or so years ago, you could fit every single UM graduate, in our history, living AND dead, in the Orange Bowl stands, and still not have a sell out.

We're a small school, and we used to be a **** of a lot smaller. The cheaper, lesser, state schools are alumni factories, they churn people out. And those people are everywhere, and are sometimes influential.

We make a living by "keeping kids home," but some kids, understandably, want to go away for college and have a new experience. ****, the best school I got into was NYU, and I choose to go to Miami for that very reason. ****, it would suck to have had to check in on the NYU Fencing Team Board instead of here.

Kids from Miami don't go to The U because of the size of UM alumni in Dade. They love the U because they either grew up following the home school, or their close relatives are Miami fans.

All that is true, but most people born and raised in Miami are Hurricane fans whether their family went to Miami or not.

FIU and Miami-Dade are full of UM fans

Most FSU and UF fans down here have a direct tie to either school

Advertisement

God's truth.

I could pick up a road apple (horse **** for you city boys), blindfold myself, throw the **** and hit either an FSU fan or UF fan.

Miami fans are fewer, but more rabid, more demanding, and less forgiving.

Advertisement
Back