Joseph Yearby Vs Sony Michel (August 30)

alot of people here are high on sony (has been a big prospect since 8th grade) and yearby (have to love the guy that committed to us right?) but dalvin cook is special and i really dont have a bias because i want all 3 but dude has "IT"

Is that proverbial "it" speed? He has average vision, average feet, not very shifty, below average power (I know he is in high school), and speed for freaking days. Don't get me wrong, love the kid, want him in orange green badly, but what is this it that he has?

Fournette, Yearby, and Sony are better than him in every facet short of speed. Help me understand why some act like he is running back Jesus?

I'm going to watch his film again (have done so many, many times), to prepare my ****, because I know I'm going to get ripped for this.

I don't get why people don't think cook has good vision, he finds the hole and hits it really fast, isn't vision about finding the holes?

-Dalvin doesnt have great vision? lol look at every scoring play on his highlight

-you dont score 20 times in south florida with just speed

-matthew thomas & Jamal carter make guest appearences on his highlight reel

-with less carries he ws able to keep up with yearby with yards and tds (i dont put a big emphasis on this one because most are bounces to the outside)

Advertisement
alot of people here are high on sony (has been a big prospect since 8th grade) and yearby (have to love the guy that committed to us right?) but dalvin cook is special and i really dont have a bias because i want all 3 but dude has "IT"

Is that proverbial "it" speed? He has average vision, average feet, not very shifty, below average power (I know he is in high school), and speed for freaking days. Don't get me wrong, love the kid, want him in orange green badly, but what is this it that he has?

Fournette, Yearby, and Sony are better than him in every facet short of speed. Help me understand why some act like he is running back Jesus?

I'm going to watch his film again (have done so many, many times), to prepare my ****, because I know I'm going to get ripped for this.

I don't get why people don't think cook has good vision, he finds the hole and hits it really fast, isn't vision about finding the holes?

-Dalvin doesnt have great vision? lol look at every scoring play on his highlight

-with less carries he ws able to keep up with yearby with yards and tds (i dont put a big emphasis on this one because most are bounces to the outside)
That's my point I know he does, but people insist he doesn't and he's just pure speed, why, i have no idea

His vision isn't great just watched his, Fournette, Sony, then Yearby. He'd be third at best. His speed makes a lot of those runs better than they are.

Other than that I agree with you. But I'm not sold on him being the best by any margin over at the very least Fournette or Yearby (not impressed by Sony at all from his junior highlight).

Again, he is a baller. Overall athlete. One of the better I've seen. Fournette for his size is an incredible athlete, just not sure of his level of competition, maybe someone can educate me.

As far as being a pure running back, Fournette and Yearby are markedly better than Cook, with Sony being somewhere in between. Athletically, Cook and Fournette by a mile, and it ain't even close.

Cook has the Devin Hester big play ability, give it to him, and he no doubt a threat to go yard. But is he a pure running back is my question? More D'Anthony Thomas than say T.J. Yeldon.

@ Jruiz

Not saying he is all speed. But he hasn't shown me anything to believe he is a pure running back. I'm sold on his big play ability 100%. Could he flourish in a pure pro style offense?

His vision isn't great just watched his, Fournette, Sony, then Yearby. He'd be third at best. His speed makes a lot of those runs better than they are.

Other than that I agree with you. But I'm not sold on him being the best by any margin over at the very least Fournette or Yearby (not impressed by Sony at all from his junior highlight).

Again, he is a baller. Overall athlete. One of the better I've seen. Fournette for his size is an incredible athlete, just not sure of his level of competition, maybe someone can educate me.

As far as being a pure running back, Fournette and Yearby are markedly better than Cook, with Sony being somewhere in between. Athletically, Cook and Fournette by a mile, and it ain't even close.

Cook has the Devin Hester big play ability, give it to him, and he no doubt a threat to go yard. But is he a pure running back is my question? More D'Anthony Thomas than say T.J. Yeldon.

okay fournette is on another level and just because he is skilled at other positions doesnt take away the fact of his play making ability at RB he is a player that breaks it outside then cuts back in (alot of players dont have the speed to do this thats why it isnt common) but my suggestion is just take both joe and dalvin i will really take my chances with sony
-acl problem
-plays weaker comp
-i dont think he grows bigger or gets faster

Advertisement

okay fournette is on another level and just because he is skilled at other positions doesnt take away the fact of his play making ability at RB he is a player that breaks it outside then cuts back in (alot of players dont have the speed to do this thats why it isnt common) but my suggestion is just take both joe and dalvin i will really take my chances with sony
-acl problem
-plays weaker comp
-i dont think he grows bigger or gets faster

**** yeah take both. Use Dalvin as Oregon uses Mamba with Duke and or Yearby in the back field, Scott, Herb, whew........

That's my point I know he does, but people insist he doesn't and he's just pure speed, why, i have no idea

It's because he is a Gator commit right now. It's how fans work. When Yearby was FSU it wasn't a big deal, and people went ape **** when Ariz had him above Sony when he released his pre-season top players in S Florida last year. When the post season list came out and Yearby was behind both Cook and Sony, there were pats on the back everywhere. Then he flips and now the opinion flips. It's not just Miami fans, it's everybody.

It's because he is a Gator commit right now. It's how fans work. When Yearby was FSU it wasn't a big deal, and people went ape **** when Ariz had him above Sony when he released his pre-season top players in S Florida last year. When the post season list came out and Yearby was behind both Cook and Sony, there were pats on the back everywhere. Then he flips and now the opinion flips. It's not just Miami fans, it's everybody.

Not sure I agree with you at all. My take has been purely objective. Watch tape, come to conclusion.

Period. Nothing to do with where they are/were committed.

Advertisement

Not sure I agree with you at all. My take has been purely objective. Watch tape, come to conclusion.

Period. Nothing to do with where they are/were committed.

I replied to jruiz, and he stated people so it wasn't really a reflection about you necessarily. I do feel confident in what i stated in general and it applied to all fan bases. I have also seen the highlights and I have Yearby running third behind Sony and Cook. Now that is not to say that Yearby isn't a great HS back or he isn't a stellar prospect. He is but I like the other kids more. Have felt that way consistently just as you have felt what you feel. I will give you another example of what I am talking about, Kermit Whitfield. When he was committed here the Noles said he was a midget and not that good. We thought otherwise. Then he flips, the majority of our fans say don't care all the while the Noles are pounding their chests saying they got the most explosive kid in the state. I'm all about having a good conversation with anyone Cane or rival, but I will always point out inconsistencies, and the way I see it I have seen that regarding Cook and Yearby. Hey I don't remember exactly the names so maybe all those that said Yearby wasn't all that just left the site, and the ones questioning Cook or stating Yearby is better are all new on here, but I doubt.

I'm actually really curious to see how Sony will play against Central because I don't think he has played against a team like that and a lot of people say he plays against weaker teams. This will be a good chance to see if Sony real does live up to the hype.

Central should blow them away. AH-Plantation was supposed to light it up on Jackson in the playoffs, and got tore apart. Central played much tougher opponents with the likes of beating BTW, NW, etc so AH-Plantation should be no problem by halftime, or into the 3rd Quarter.

Central should blow them away. AH-Plantation was supposed to light it up on Jackson in the playoffs, and got tore apart. Central played much tougher opponents with the likes of beating BTW, NW, etc so AH-Plantation should be no problem by halftime, or into the 3rd Quarter.

see sony play a real defense, thats what im looking for

Advertisement

Sony > Yearby > Cook

Advertisement
Back