Joseph Yearby update from The Opening

D

deleted3746

-The flight from Miami to Portland was the longest of his life
-Says the flight was tiring, but he enjoyed the trip cause of the different sites and new things to see
-Says it's hotter than he thought, there are some mountains and it's beautiful
-Likes the gear Nike handed out to all the players
-Says the cleats feel good on his feet
-Says he has been hanging out with Chad Thomas, Dalvin Cook, Treon Harris, and Ermon Lane
-Says he has also spent time with Brad Kaaya
-Says Kaaya is a very good person and nice to be around
-Says you can tell Kaaya is a good leader
-Says he watched Kaaya who is big, strong, and throws a nice ball
-Says it is going to be fun playing with Kaaya at Miami
-Says he has been trying to recruit Chad Thomas, Treon Harris, and Ermon Lane
-Says he is trying to get them to Miami because they could do big things
-Says they say they are interested in Miami, but they want to go on visits and see what other schools are like
-Ran the 40, did 7 on 7 drills and 1 on 1 drills
-Says he worked on some routes and got open
-Can't wait for the 7 on 7 tomorrow

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/RB-Joseph-Yearby-Enjoying-The-Opening-137470

Advertisement
This could be huge w/ Kaaya and Yearby spending time with these undecided guys. Lane says he wants to play with a big time QB, well here's his chance to get a glimpse of what can be

Kaaya has to really step up this weekend and make Lane say wow. I saw he's banged up but if he can still perform with that it may make Lane take notice. Also, Yearby is a beast on and off the field and I hope he can stay in the ears of the local talent

Advertisement
Kaaya has to really step up this weekend and make Lane say wow. I saw he's banged up but if he can still perform with that it may make Lane take notice. Also, Yearby is a beast on and off the field and I hope he can stay in the ears of the local talent

Lane already noticed Kaaya at the Al Golden Camp. He doesn't need to impress Lane IMO.

Advertisement
Excited to see JY nut on defenders faces in the 7 on 7. He's got some filthy double moves. I'm on ankle breaking watch.

Advertisement
I am really getting to like Yearby. He is my favorite So Fl running back. Love his moves and he is sounding all Cane-- that is great. Starting to think Lane is lost cause. Although, I have image of a bunch of recruits on swamp scum sideline against THE U walking around the endzone and coming over to the camp Golden as the CANES put a hurting on scum in September.

Advertisement
Montee Ball ran a 4.62 at the NFL combine.

Emmitt Smith's fastest 40 was a 4.5.

I'm not worried about Yearby's 4.58.

Montee Ball ran a 4.62 at the NFL combine.

Emmitt Smith's fastest 40 was a 4.5.

I'm not worried about Yearby's 4.58.

Exactly. Made up 40 times have really gotten out of hand, plus the fact that the 40 time for an RB is nowhere near as important as the Shuttle.

Advertisement
Back