Joseph Wicker updates (We out!!)

Advertisement
I didn't even know we were in the running ????

Recruiting has not been a major topic as of late
Trying to figure out if we will have this staff intact for next year
And if we can win out the rest if the year has been at the focal point of my mind

No defensive lineman in the state has had a bigger year than Joseph Wicker. After making the move from defensive end to tackle, Wicker has been a monster and impossible to block even with a double team. He has 55 tackles, 25 for loss and 18 sacks, huge numbers for an interior lineman.

On the recruiting front, Wicker visited Texas Tech two weeks ago and will head to Arizona State this coming weekend.

"Texas Tech was great, there's nothing like football in Texas," Wicker said. "Everyone is so passionate there and football is like a religion. I really liked it there and the atmosphere and the general vibe I got was really cool. They played Texas and even though they lost, the fans were great and the atmosphere was amazing. Everyone knows everyone and I had a really nice time."

Wicker will stay closer to home for his next two visits.

"I'm going to Arizona State this weekend and then UCLA the following weekend," Wicker said. "We play Friday night and I'll leave right after it's over and head to ASU. They have a nice team and I like the coaches a lot. They have been recruiting me hard for a long time so I'm excited to get out there and check things out.

"With UCLA, I know it's close to home but I still wanted to take an official visit there since they're one of my top schools. I won't be at the game this weekend against USC since I'll be at ASU but the Stanford game will be good too. It's great to have that local option and I like the coaches and I know a lot of guys over there. I like their defense and how I would fit in so it should be a fun trip."

Wicker said visit No. 4 will be to Notre Dame and he's still figuring out his last trip.

"I'm not sure when Notre Dame will be but probably in December," Wicker said. "My last visit will be to Miami or Oklahoma. I have time because I don't plan on announcing anywhere until Signing Day. Me and some of my teammates are planning to wait it out and do it together. So I'll take all my visits and then have some time to sit back and figure out where the best place for me is."

Seems like a logn shot, but you never know!

Advertisement
I hope but ehhhh I don't think it's gonna happen.

Yeah, but he seemed to like Miami a lot during the summer when his recruitment was picking up so you never know. If we decide to put the full press on him, theres a small chance!

No defensive lineman in the state has had a bigger year than Joseph Wicker. After making the move from defensive end to tackle, Wicker has been a monster and impossible to block even with a double team. He has 55 tackles, 25 for loss and 18 sacks, huge numbers for an interior lineman.

On the recruiting front, Wicker visited Texas Tech two weeks ago and will head to Arizona State this coming weekend.

"Texas Tech was great, there's nothing like football in Texas," Wicker said. "Everyone is so passionate there and football is like a religion. I really liked it there and the atmosphere and the general vibe I got was really cool. They played Texas and even though they lost, the fans were great and the atmosphere was amazing. Everyone knows everyone and I had a really nice time."

Wicker will stay closer to home for his next two visits.

"I'm going to Arizona State this weekend and then UCLA the following weekend," Wicker said. "We play Friday night and I'll leave right after it's over and head to ASU. They have a nice team and I like the coaches a lot. They have been recruiting me hard for a long time so I'm excited to get out there and check things out.

"With UCLA, I know it's close to home but I still wanted to take an official visit there since they're one of my top schools. I won't be at the game this weekend against USC since I'll be at ASU but the Stanford game will be good too. It's great to have that local option and I like the coaches and I know a lot of guys over there. I like their defense and how I would fit in so it should be a fun trip."

Wicker said visit No. 4 will be to Notre Dame and he's still figuring out his last trip.

"I'm not sure when Notre Dame will be but probably in December," Wicker said. "My last visit will be to Miami or Oklahoma. I have time because I don't plan on announcing anywhere until Signing Day. Me and some of my teammates are planning to wait it out and do it together. So I'll take all my visits and then have some time to sit back and figure out where the best place for me is."

Seems like a logn shot, but you never know!

free trip to warm weather.

Advertisement
Back