Joseph Jackson

I really expected a big game from Chad , but he seemed to be a non-factor last night. The future is bright on the DL.

Advertisement
Does dj Johnson get on the field next year? Patchan played well. We return 6 good d ends. Our top 3 units. All our dts.

I definitely want to see more of Patchan out there. Looks like he's worked his way back to healthy and is ready to contribute. This D line gonna eat all season

I really expected a big game from Chad , but he seemed to be a non-factor last night. The future is bright on the DL.

Someone quoted Chad's stats in another thread and I guess they were alright. But, I was hoping for a truly dominant performance from him and it just didn't happen.

Someone quoted Chad's stats in another thread and I guess they were alright. But, I was hoping for a truly dominant performance from him and it just didn't happen.

The biggest issue with Chad that night is that he struggled when he was one on one with the right tackle. He was average in this area.

Advertisement
I was wondering about Chad in the 2nd half thinking he needed to make a play, and then he made 2 good ones in the 4th IIRC.

I posted his stats to show he was a clear cut above, statistically, from the rest of the DL. FSU ran a quick hitting offense for almost the entire night. Posters who expect 3-4 sacks fail to see Francois rarely took more than a 3-step drop. The ball was being chucked or screened immediately. On plays where he held for a normal amount of time, he almost always got crushed.

Last edited:
What the **** was up with that DE Patchan sighting??? I yelled at my wife, "Who the **** is that at DE with a #19 jersey"? Then the TE like figure proceeded to make a veteran move and rush Francois into a hurried throw and almost a sack.

I never saw him play again, but whats up with him, I was impressed?

Glad I wasn't trippin and the only one to see him getting to it.

Advertisement

I posted his stats to show he was a clear cut above, statistically, from the rest of the DL. FSU ran a quick hitting offense for almost the entire night. Posters who expect 3-4 sacks fail to see Francois rarely took more than a 3-step drop. The ball was being chucked or screened immediately. On plays where he held for a normal amount of time, he almost always got crushed.

Why don't you feel like this will be the case against North Carolina and their penchant for trying to get chunk plays out of the passing game?

Isn't that the perfect formula for our DL to blow the game up?

Front 7 will be an embarrassment of riches next year.

Secondary will need work, though.

If they're willing to give an older guy some PT, I'd love to play Safety behind next year's front 7. The Frosh LBs are insanely good for their ages. If Pinkney doesn't get another couple INTs before the end of the year, I'd be surprised. The guy's timing on undercutting slant routes is supernatural. Shaq is a grown f'in man.

We need Safeties badly. Top Safety recruits should be banging down our doors.

Which has me a little worried about our Safety recruiting. As far as I know, Gibson and Carter are more in the box type safeties, not rangy sideline to sideline guys.

And I believe Finley and Wright are similar to those 2.

Josh Jobe will be a plug and play and will be here by the time the freshmen are Jrs in 2018. He will be a grown man and ready for primetime. He will be 20 by the time he steps foot on campus. Just need Jaquan and Finley to hold things down until then. But you are right..if im Cyrus ***an or Daniel Wright I have to re-think my decision to go to FSU. They would be in our immediate 2 deep here.

Yeah, he played the second half with a broken hand.

Sunny walked off the field with a broken ankle.

Willis and Coley played with sprained MCLs.

Shaq played with a torn up shoulder.

Kaaya likely concussion, lost tooth, and bruised shoulder (hopefully not worse).

And to only see Willis and Sunny get treatment on the field is a major step forward with mental toughness. Those boys left it out on the field vs. FSU. You know the FSU boys took a beating too.

Jackson needs 20-40lbs before he can dominate an OT. Patchan looks like a LB but that was some nice work

Advertisement
Back