Joseph Jackson

jerzeycane

All-ACC
Broken record at this point, but it can't be said enough, he's going to be a game changer along the defensive line.

He's a freshman and they couldn't do anything with him last night.

Zilch

Held his edge in the run game and got after whoever the QB was.

He's really really impressive.

Advertisement
Love watching this defense play. This week will be an even tougher challenge for them. Offense can't have the continual 3 and outs or we will be blown out

We haven't had a guy with his athletic makeup at DE in a loooong time

Advertisement
Front 7 will be an embarrassment of riches next year.

Secondary will need work, though.

If they're willing to give an older guy some PT, I'd love to play Safety behind next year's front 7. The Frosh LBs are insanely good for their ages. If Pinkney doesn't get another couple INTs before the end of the year, I'd be surprised. The guy's timing on undercutting slant routes is supernatural. Shaq is a grown f'in man.

We need Safeties badly. Top Safety recruits should be banging down our doors.

Looks like he's getting better every week too, which is something I'm not used to seeing around here. Credit to him and Kool.

defense along with the play of the four true freshman specifically has been amazing

going to be a good next few years, manny had them boys playing well last night. aside from that horrendous drive where they went the length of the field, not too many complaints

Advertisement
That dline is legit....this game told me all i needed to know about the future o the defensive sideof the ball

If they're willing to give an older guy some PT, I'd love to play Safety behind next year's front 7. The Frosh LBs are insanely good for their ages. If Pinkney doesn't get another couple INTs before the end of the year, I'd be surprised. The guy's timing on undercutting slant routes is supernatural. Shaq is a grown f'in man.

Which has me a little worried about our Safety recruiting. As far as I know, Gibson and Carter are more in the box type safeties, not rangy sideline to sideline guys.

And I believe Finley and Wright are similar to those 2.

Does dj Johnson get on the field next year? Patchan played well. We return 6 good d ends. Our top 3 units. All our dts.

Advertisement
Does dj Johnson get on the field next year? Patchan played well. We return 6 good d ends. Our top 3 units. All our dts.

The cool thing is it seems that if you can make any kind of play, you will see the field. Any front 7 player should be dying to play here because it's a spotlight. Any DB should be dying to play here because they'll play immediately.

Yeah I don't like that. Players don't get into the rhythm of the game. One play and done.

Yeah I don't like that. Players don't get into the rhythm of the game. One play and done.

I'd have to watch closer and count snaps, but seems to happen mostly along the DL. It's not overly done like the last staff. We don't rotate as much with, say, our best Safeties or corners. The thing is our DL is supremely talented, especially inside, so you're going to see guys asked to play balls out for a few plays and then have the next guy come in. Chad Thomas doesn't come out as much, it seems.

Advertisement
I see what you're saying and don't disagree. I trust kool if he's making that decision.

Which has me a little worried about our Safety recruiting. As far as I know, Gibson and Carter are more in the box type safeties, not rangy sideline to sideline guys.

And I believe Finley and Wright are similar to those 2.

With the cb's coming in next year I could see Kerr and Redwine maybe moving to safety, especially redwine.

JacksOn and Bethel looked great, Patchan flashed, DJ Johnson, Ford and Garvin on the way...and Norton, McIntosh and Willis are only sophomores. Ooooh wee.

Advertisement
Back