Joseph Jackson Update

Miami should feel good about having a pledge from Gulliver Prep defensive end Joseph Jackson but his rising stock as a prospect comes with a drawback. Jackson (6-5, 237) has become increasingly attractive to other prominent programs and they like him enough to not let him go without a fight.

-Says “Alabama, South Carolina, and Clemson are staying on me hard,” “They respect my commitment but they still want me to come see their campus on a visit. I tell them I’m committed but I have no problem taking my trips. I plan to go over the summer but if not, then I can start once the season gets going.”

-His commitment isn’t in much jeopardy despite the efforts of the competition.

-Says “It’s pretty strong because of the coaching staff and what I’m going to major in,” “I’m interested in marine science and engineering but Miami has one of the top programs in both. I feel good about that part and what they have to offer.”

-Wasn’t having any doubts but Hurricane coaches have proven to him how big of a piece he is in their puzzle of the future.

-Says “They’ve been staying on me, the coaches do whatever they can just to get me out to the school,” “They’re relentless and that’s big since they have my word on the commitment. They still make sure I’m staying true to them and I can appreciate that.”

-Miami technically offered Jackson at this time last year but now that he can look back, he doesn’t consider that as what truly sparked the flame.

-Says “Things didn’t get serious until I went to the junior day,” “I guess I had the offer last year but I really wasn’t aware of it at the time. I still laugh about it now though, I didn’t even plan on going out the day I ended up committing. My aunt made me and I’m pretty thankful now that she did.”

-He’s much more concerned with helping a team that has so many top recruits finish with a better record than the 6-5 that they posted in 2014.

-Says “I like getting back in the pads, you know I missed hitting people,” “I’m back at practices with my brothers and we’re working on that team chemistry. I’m trying to be a great leader and hopefully everybody follows. We played most of last season with our best players hurt but we should have more talent now.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/UM-Going-All-Out-to-Keep-DE-Joseph-Jackson-Committed-37269122

Advertisement
No comments on a positive thread? They must all be ganging up still on the one about the 5-7 kid when we have a legit stud praising our staff and the team. I dont care two ***** about golden but this is the type of thread we should all be commenting on.

Man, this is refreshing.

Good Lord --- this class needed some great news.

This is probably the #1 DE in the state and he's committed to UM. Past history doesn't bode well for upper tier commits, but I think this is a kid that sticks.

i6lcux.gif

No comments on a positive thread? They must all be ganging up still on the one about the 5-7 kid when we have a legit stud praising our staff and the team. I dont care two ****s about golden but this is the type of thread we should all be commenting on.

They are quiet on positivity but extremely vocal on anything that looks to be bad that relates to Miami. That's how posters act on this site.... You didn't know?

Why get excited? History tells us this staff cannot hold on to the big fish a majority of the time. When he signs people will give praise. Golden and Co. haven't earned anything but criticism from fans and alum.

Advertisement
Very Happy to have this kid and his commitment. Do still wish the Admin would show the same commitment to him and the other commits and get them professional level leadership. Welcome Joseph!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back